Geordies - bad timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it everyone for as long as Newcastle have Freddy Sheppard and Alan Shearer running the show they ain't going nowhere! Shearer is more important than the club up there! What he says goes! Thats why they will struggle regardless of their signings. Shearers playing days are over, he's slowed right down consistently uses his elbows the dirty git! Never ever forgiven him for kicking Neil Lennon in the head! Yet he gets picked week in week out. Was, left out once by Souness and there was uproar from Him!

Real Sharapova said:
When did I mention Leicester? What is this to do with Leicester? This is all about your idiotic assertation that Newcastle are " Massive " and have " World Class " players. Look at their trophy cabinet and Titus Bramble, for instance.

you said they have no silverware in 40 years as your argument for them not being a big club, i disagree with that as that doesn't make a big club, we have won 2 league cups, but we are not a big club, therefore trophies do not equal big club status. there centre backs are shit, thats wot i have said all along and that is why they are not up in the top 6. next season, u wait, thats if they get a good manager

suffolk fox said:
Let's face it everyone for as long as Newcastle have Freddy Sheppard and Alan Shearer running the show they ain't going nowhere! Shearer is more important than the club up there! What he says goes! Thats why they will struggle regardless of their signings. Shearers playing days are over, he's slowed right down consistently uses his elbows the dirty git! Never ever forgiven him for kicking Neil Lennon in the head! Yet he gets picked week in week out. Was, left out once by Souness and there was uproar from Him!

LENNON2.gif

hated the fooooking kuuunt ever since that incident

matt_c0nn0lly said:
you said they have no silverware in 40 years as your argument for them not being a big club, i disagree with that as that doesn't make a big club, we have won 2 league cups, but we are not a big club, therefore trophies do not equal big club status. there centre backs are shit, thats wot i have said all along and that is why they are not up in the top 6. next season, u wait, thats if they get a good manager
i disagree they aren't a big club at the minute, whilst they play Bramble in defense and continue to throw stupid amounts of money around on players like Bramble/Boumstrong they will be they are two of the worst defenders i have seen for a club pushing for champions league.

There attack is based on an owen shearer partnership they have nothing behind it, it will be another 40 years before they do win anything.

Surely this is just a semantics argument.

Big club = big ground, big fan base, long tradition, trophies in past, international profile, etc (Newcastle, Villa, Leeds)

Successful club = punching above your weight (Wigan, Bolton, Charlton)

In my opinion, the "big clubs" are still the "big clubs" even though the "smaller clubs" are above them in the league. I don't think we were a bigger club under MON than the likes of Sheff Weds and Man City, who were in a lower league, but, more importantly, we were a damn sight more successful.

Last edited:
DesertFox said:

Big club = big ground, big fan base, long tradition, trophies in past, international profile, etc (Newcastle, Villa, Leeds)

In my opinion, the "big clubs" are still the "big clubs" even though the "smaller clubs" are above them in the league. I don't think we were a bigger club under MON than the likes of Sheff Weds and Man City, who were in a lower league, but, more importantly, we were a damn sight more successful.

Jolly good post DF.

DesertFox said:

Agree, when we were doing well under MON I knew it wouldn't last & made the most of it, and bloody enjoyed it. However because of our fan base, location, tradition, whatever, it was always going to end at some stage. My only argument with MC was with his description of Newcastle as a " Massive " club with " World Class " players. In my humble opinion the facts do not bear this out. Right, I'm bored with this thread now, bring on the Wolves for a tonking tomorrow.:098:

they do have some world class players, owen, parker and emre wud be in any team in the prem bar man utd, chelsea and arsenal, and maybe spurs. i only called newcastle a massive club cus people were saying newell coterill cud go there, massive compared to us and we are being compared if people think our potential managers are there potential managers. ure right im board of this, you just agreed with a previuos poster newcastle are a big club so end of, thats what we have been going on about. and bring on those stupid Wolverhampton cooooooooonts!!

ROB KELLYS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00