Gerry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowski_Blue

While working saturdy night(i know, sad) Mr. Taggart came in for a drink.

I had to serve him, he had a pint of Bass, incase you were wondering. It seemed so strange coming face to face and chatting with someone you respect so highly.

Has anyone else had a run in with a city star recently?

Saw Matt Jones in ASDA at fosse Park on Sunday if that counts? Also chatted to Robbie Savage/Pegguy Arphexad and Sam McMahon in Jimmy Deanes a few years ago

have often met Scowy in Oadby Sainsburys and Sav carved me up on a roundabout once in his custard coloured Ferrari. Theo used to live near me we met when we were out jogging (no I didn't engineer it honest!) and I've met Lenny lots...he's lovely! Oh yeah and Birch phoned me at home once lol!

Sat next table to Paul Groves in a resturant in Blackpool a few years ago - Also had Stevie Thompson in me cab one night - He was quite taken-a-back when he got in me taxi and I started singing "One Stevie Thompson ......." - we did nothing but talk about his goals in the p/o semi against Cambridge and against Swindon in the p/o Final - Picked Darren Huckerby up one night with his mate but I never let on I knew him - tight t**t never give me a tip.

Vixen said:
have often met Scowy in Oadby Sainsburys and Sav carved me up on a roundabout once in his custard coloured Ferrari. Theo used to live near me we met when we were out jogging (no I didn't engineer it honest!) and I've met Lenny lots...he's lovely! Oh yeah and Birch phoned me at home once lol!

Noticed you refrained from calling birch lovely as well there Vixen :p

lanxfox said:
Picked Darren Huckerby up one night with his mate but I never let on I knew him - tight t**t never give me a tip.

It's karma. That is why he does not score goals at the top level. If he tipped you, he would score buckets of goals. :wink:

Couple of years ago saw Steve Claridge in Yates' and we ended up drinking shots of sambuca with him for a bit. He was steaming.

Also saw Sav a couple of times in Life where I told him that Bham would get relegated and he should re-sign for us when we went up. Hmmm, seems I was talking beer sh*t.

Blowski_Blue said:
While working saturdy night(i know, sad) Mr. Taggart came in for a drink.

I had to serve him, he had a pint of Bass, incase you were wondering. It seemed so strange coming face to face and chatting with someone you respect so highly.

Has anyone else had a run in with a city star recently?

As he featured in the odds for next manager - did you ask him?

Richard Smith,Paul Fitzpatrick,Julian Joachim,Lee Pisspott,Steve Thompson all used to come in the betting shop I managed.Joachim used to bet quite heavily but wasn't bothered if he won or lost,Smith was a bit on the dense side or appeared to be anyway.Phillpott was a posing tosser.Fitzpatrick liked a bet...bigtime.

used to see David Oldfield in our local Tesco's a fair bit

I've seen Gary Lineker on the telly

Do I win £5 ?

Oldfield in Tescos..did he skillfully move his trolley around the baked beans,sold a dummy to the pickled onions,sprinted by the tinned peaches then completely missed the checkout.

no.
he simply got his weekly provisions, advanced to the till, paid and went to his car

I've met Muzzy in what used to be known as Fatty Arbuckles at Meridian. It was my birthday too! Shook his hand and got his autograph. What a day.... :)

I've met Muzzy in what used to be known as Fatty Arbuckles at Meridian. It was my birthday too! Shook his hand and got his autograph. What a day....

I'm guessing that you don't get out much....?

stood next to muzzy at The Bank (the pub!), but that was '97 or '98!

tossed my shirt up to Lennon when they did the parade after winning the league cup in '97. got his signature right across the red walker's bit. i didn't wash it for ages until it became unbearable. fortunately it hasn't washed out :)

also saw lennon in the fraternity & firkin (now the three bells) in oadby after an fa cup game.

SamJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570