Gerry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the club shop was open down Churchgate, Muzzy dropped in when my mrs was doing bit of shopping(as women do!!). She asked for his autograph, then told him our cat had been named after him. "Cat!" he says. unfortunately neither Muzzy is with us now!!
I saw Ian Marshall in wellies and farmer outift watching kids play footie in Mountsorrel. My son saw Robbie Savage at Parkers in Syston and got his "signature" Kids eh! :roll:
Driving around in my armured car still haven't seen Dennis the rat Wanker wise.... :wink:

the year playstations first came out my mum served Kevin poole in toys r us he paid by check for 2 of the when they were £250 each! she didn't think quick enough to do the old alan shearer trick.

homer said:
she didn't think quick enough to do the old alan shearer trick.

What, kick him in the head and get away scot free ?

.... nah. You mean stamp on his head and get away scot free :!: :roll: :p :wink:

Blowski_Blue said:
While working saturdy night(i know, sad) Mr. Taggart came in for a drink.

I had to serve him, he had a pint of Bass, incase you were wondering. It seemed so strange coming face to face and chatting with someone you respect so highly.

Has anyone else had a run in with a city star recently?

I met him at the end of season awards last seaon, nice guy - chetted to him about teh Stoke Westbrom match which he didn't play in. He looked dam scary though in person, no way would you mess with him on the pitch!

And just for a bit of diversity - I also live in the same villiage as Ron Atkinson and see him passing my house on his way down to the social club,

xsubmariner said:
When the club shop was open down Churchgate, Muzzy dropped in when my mrs was doing bit of shopping(as women do!!). She asked for his autograph, then told him our cat had been named after him. "Cat!" he says. unfortunately neither Muzzy is with us now!!
I

Would like to meet him and tell my pet snake is named after him, fortunately he is still with us :wink:

forgot to mention my best encounter ever...when it was my 13th birthday in '92 my Dad wrote to Brian Little to see if I could meet Kevin Poole before the Barnsley game (I was an aspiring goalie). Anyway, the club gets back to my Dad and they gave my Dad and I the old stadium tour with the mascot for the day.

And then the best bit...we were taken into the dressing room before the game and I got the signatures of almost the whole team, saw some banter between Rooster, Ormondroyd and Gee, saw Tommy Wright getting a bit of treatment before the game etc...

Brilliant! :)

SamJ

SamuearlJackson said:
forgot to mention my best encounter ever...when it was my 13th birthday in '92 my Dad wrote to Brian Little to see if I could meet Kevin Poole before the Barnsley game (I was an aspiring goalie). Anyway, the club gets back to my Dad and they gave my Dad and I the old stadium tour with the mascot for the day.

And then the best bit...we were taken into the dressing room before the game and I got the signatures of almost the whole team, saw some banter between Rooster, Ormondroyd and Gee, saw Tommy Wright getting a bit of treatment before the game etc...

Brilliant! :)

SamJ
Was a ballboy at the gordon banks testimonial, got to meet the whole city squad, all of ron atkinsons select 11 (the coventry team), banks himself, few tigers players, few riders players, jasper carrot and kevin and curly of coronation street what a day!!! Filled the autograph book up, pride of place was obviously the kevin webster autograph

Blowski_Blue said:
While working saturdy night(i know, sad) Mr. Taggart came in for a drink.

I had to serve him, he had a pint of Bass, incase you were wondering. It seemed so strange coming face to face and chatting with someone you respect so highly.

Has anyone else had a run in with a city star recently?

Is he married? Was chatting to this girl last week who reckoned she sh*gged him recently. Put me right off. :shock:

savage used 2 live round the corner from me and once him izzet stef oakes n lennon reversed round the corner on to my street playin sum shitty music loud :D

drummindefender said:
savage used 2 live round the corner from me and once him izzet stef oakes n lennon reversed round the corner on to my street playin sum shitty music loud :D

Sav used to live in stoughton and used to do 60 mph up and down gaulby lane till me grandad started getting involved in village meetings. He also spent alot of time at stretton circuit where my cousins work

Bobby Smith said:
Is he married? Was chatting to this girl last week who reckoned she sh*gged him recently. Put me right off. :shock:
right off Taggs? :?

i saw alan cork (during his wimbledon days) sitting on a wall outside a car park looking right fed up. i asked him if everything was ok and he replied,'' the batteries flat on my mobile, so i need to 10p to phone one of our fans''.... i said ...''heres 50p , phone them all''.

I saw Lilian in fosse park at JJB sports a few months ago.

The bravest thing I have ever done in my life, by far, was knocking on Jock Wallace's door and asking for his autograph! I've got no idea what he said (I think it was "ggrrrrrewelllnnceunnadsdkmacopdcm, jimmmmmmie") but he didn't look best pleased. Got the autograph though.

I used to be "in the scouts" :shock: :wink: (cue quoted comments...) and me and my bro did some bob-a-job week chores for Ian Wilson. We cleaned his little white 'picket' type fence... and broke it! Ooops! He didn't notice...

A couple of years ago I saw Martin Reeves in the car park of Macro. I was pleased to see that youth teamers can't afford more than a Fiesta :D but I wondered what 'trade' he was in, as a footballer, that earned him the right to own a Macro card..... aren't you supposed to own a business? Maybe was he picking up supplies for the concession stands...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669