Get behind the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't read what Hollway said but there are genuine supporters who have had to sit through a lot of passionless,drab shite for quite a while now doesn't excuse the booing but might explain the frustration

Thats the point of view I would give Ollie for the overall Booing. He was making an issue of the booing of Cort when he came off, saying he asked him to play after just coming off the treatment table rather than having Sappleton take all the pressure for 90mins.

Thats the point of view I would give Ollie for the overall Booing. He was making an issue of the booing of Cort when he came off, saying he asked him to play after just coming off the treatment table rather than having Sappleton take all the pressure for 90mins.

Aye Ive just read it.Sort of agree with him but like I said a good ferw genuine fans,ones on here, have had to sit through a hell of a lot of passionless shite in the past couple of years.They aren't morons,they don't boo but you can't expect them to turn up week in week out and clap and cheer as another pass goes astray or another feeble attempt at a tackle goes in.I think IH needs to be careful or he could offend a good few genuine supporters but maybe we should treat it as a new dawn and try to forgive and start again:102:

I think that in the real world, the team has been playing badly for too long to have much credit stored with supporters.

When they make a big effort and if they are doing well in a game then the crowd can be very supportive.

But supporters just aren't going to enthuse when games are as dull as ditch water - and particularly, if we are losing at home to another very ordinary side.

Let's hear it for Mr Ian Holloway

Instead of talking about how utterly shite the team were on Saturday, against medicore oppostion (at best), we are instead heaping all of the blame onto the poor feckin' fans that have endured said utter shite for a long long time

Top notch scapegoating and deflection :038:

Holloway was really only talking about the jeering of Cort, personally I hate it when we jeer our own players off when they are subbed - it's embarassing and can only have a negative effect for the rest of the team, must be great for the opposition though!! Booing at the end is different (although I still don't agree with it) at least the game is over.

That's the problem.

Shaun Newton smashing the ball into the roof of the north stand rather than the net from 15 yards out with no keeper in sight in the opening stages of the southamton match. How the **** can anyone get behind that.

The choice is yours. The problem is plain to see. And so is the likely outcome of failing to see the problem and making the wrong choice.

Reckon the match report on the trust website gives a good suggestion to all the mr negatives

"For me, now it was the turn of the crowd to put in a below par performance. The referee got little pressure from our fans for making that decision. If the referee had some doubts in his mind, he may have looked for an opportunity to even things up, therefore the Kop in particular should have been howling for a penalty every time the ball got into the box, our players may have then reacted and looked for the opportunity."

have a go at the officials & the oppo players :038:

FACT - Our home form is relegation standard whilst our away form is fantastic.

Wonder why?

Wonder why?

Theres only one points difference Alex:icon_conf We just aren't very good either home or away

Wonder why?

We've won two away, and drawn five away
We have won two at home and drawn four at home

Which FACT are you referring to ??

Probably the fact that you expect better home form not worse or the fact booing and jeering won't help one bit so why defend it?

Jeering your own team is tantamount to sitting with the away fans and is by anyones admission 100% counter productive...no matter how much self confidence is present a negative response from your own supporters (sic) will demotivate, demoralise and ultimately destroy rather than build a performance...so why do some people do it?

I can only imagine that with some people their own sense of self esteem is lacking and sub-consciously or consciously the dismantling of a third party makes them feel superior at that moment in time...they probably crititicise their workmates best endeavours and their kids best efforts to compete on school sports day as well...and before anyone overreacts to that only wear the cap if it fits...

everyone is entitled to an opinion and criticism is often warranted of players who don't appear to have the passion or necessary skills to warrant a place in the team on the day...but save the debate till after the game and if you need to voice your criticism during the match do so with your nearest neighbours and not in tandem with like minded individuals with the end result of creating a wave of audible negativity that reaches the pitch...

if you think you are wasting your hard earned cash fair enough...but you ain't going to get value for your money on the back of a reasonable performance and a good result if all you are doing is making the Walkers Stadium even more of a f**k up than the (mythical?) fortress more positivley minded people like Holloway want to create....

We've won two away, and drawn five away
We have won two at home and drawn four at home

Which FACT are you referring to ??

How many have we lost away and how does that compare to others in the league? Same for home?

Jeering your own team is tantamount to sitting with the away fans and is by anyones admission 100% counter productive...no matter how much self confidence is present a negative response from your own supporters (sic) will demotivate, demoralise and ultimately destroy rather than build a performance...so why do some people do it?

Eh??? :102:

How many have we lost away and how does that compare to others in the league? Same for home?

Alex - you said that our home form was relegation form, and our away form was fantastic

Fact is they are both about the same (apart from one point) - so the argument that it is all down to the fans is a load of complete and utter bollocks

Alex - you said that our home form was relegation form, and our away form was fantastic

Fact is they are both about the same (apart from one point) - so the argument that it is all down to the fans is a load of complete and utter bollocks

Comparatively I believe that to be true. Unless we're all now of the mind that there is no difference in the difficulty of home and away games then I fail to see how this isn't absolutely right?

Let's hear it for Mr Ian Holloway

Instead of talking about how utterly shite the team were on Saturday, against medicore oppostion (at best), we are instead heaping all of the blame onto the poor feckin' fans that have endured said utter shite for a long long time

Top notch scapegoating and deflection :038:

So you agree with booing and jeering players during the game then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669