Get behind the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than a modicum.

The truth is is that the real idiots (not blue mongies) who are putting the club behind with their unrealistic expectations of where we should be are making it nigh on impossible for the players to perform.

i would say thanks and bye :023: ,

Kisnorbo at best has been ok nothing more TBH

Take the cash and spend it wisely MM ........................hold on wait its is LCFC :090:

He's part of the best defensive unit in the Championship. And our leading goalscorer (or close to it). Sorry Newts, can't agree with you on this one.

Why should football players be wrapped in cotton wool and treated like they have tissue paper thin skin, do they have the mental strength of an 8 year old, are they so insecure that a few unkind words mean that they then cry themselves to sleep at night? I know it's too much to ask the players to care about LCFC but surely they should be playing with some level of professional pride? To me they look like they are on auto pilot and just drift through games. Not one single solitary player is prepared to lead by example and take real responsibility. It's getting to the stage now where there's a vicious circle of resentment from the fans that the players don't give 100% (and they don't) and the players resenting the fans for getting on their backs.

The thing is though Ox is that in order for us to move forward we have to be more patient, why? Because we are relying on so many kids and (yet another) new manager to guide us through.

It's fair to say that Ollie hasn't seen any of the trite we have over the years to arrive at this point, however his reaction I think also spoke volumes of the attitude and responsibility we have as supporters.

As Ollie has said, it's a new start. We all have to accept that and get behind the team for 90 minutes, not just the opening 10.

He's part of the best defensive unit in the Championship. And our leading goalscorer (or close to it). Sorry Newts, can't agree with you on this one.

If he goes Oz there is sod all we can do about it , if you can see him from where we sit mate he's never on his man ,spends most of time not knowing what he's doing .

Now thats his bad days which he's has had one two this season .

On a good day he's just unreal stops every thing that comes his way ,mite even get a goal ,needs to keep this form going ,i don't get why he has so many bad games of late :102:

If he goes Oz there is sod all we can do about it , if you can see him from where we sit mate he's never on his man ,spends most of time not knowing what he's doing .

On a good day he's just unreal stops every thing that comes his way ,mite even get a goal ,needs to keep this form going ,i don't get why he has so many bad games of late :102:
Question is, shalll we boo and jeer him or support him in the hope he gets back to form?

It's my opinion that to get the best results from players that are well paid and lacking nothing in life (compared to the average fan) we need to make them feel like we're worth playing for. If all they get are boos and jeers and snide comments they're going to just sit back and collect their pay and move on when it suits them. Maybe we're getting the team we deserve? Just because you buy a season ticket and turn up every week doesn't give you the right to rubbish a player who's trying his best. I think it's no coincidence our best performances have been against the bigger teams. The players are putting in so they'e noticed on a bigger stage and maybe they can get the hell out of Leicester. Of course I could be wrong. It may just be that they're all a bunch of useless overpaid twits who should feel privileged to be playing for us at all. Of course the on-field abuse isn't indicative of the overall feeling of the fanbase. If they want to know how we really feel about them they only need come and read about themselves on here and other sites of so-called supporters. I'll bet they can't wait to get out there and give their all for us week in week out after reading what we say about them. :icon_conf

The thing is though Ox is that in order for us to move forward we have to be more patient, why? Because we are relying on so many kids and (yet another) new manager to guide us through.

It's fair to say that Ollie hasn't seen any of the trite we have over the years to arrive at this point, however his reaction I think also spoke volumes of the attitude and responsibility we have as supporters.

As Ollie has said, it's a new start. We all have to accept that and get behind the team for 90 minutes, not just the opening 10.

What I find interesting is that the youngsters are apparently better than the MM buys like Nielson, Hellings, Kaebi, Djeziri, Ferreira.

I wonder if the new plan is to get these youngsters blooded over the next 4-6 months and build for the future with them and some additions along the lines of Clemence, N'Gotty, John, Fulop etc.

Or was that the old plan? Maybe its now MM's plan rather than the old regime.

Still proves what a waste of wages we are spending on the dross MM brought in off his agent mates in Europe.

Let me start by saying that I never boo players and the team before, during or after game's, my choice is wether to shout encouragement and sing or stay silent.

For a considerable period of time therefore I have remained largely silent, believing that most of the players have done precious little to warrant my vocal support.

I can appreciate that playes will from time to time lack confidence but I also believe that they need to show far more committmnt to the fans for me to be more vocal.

If they are struggling to do this on the pitch then why not put extra work in at training or interact more with fans in other ways, to show us that they do care and are desperate to improve.

What I find interesting is that the youngsters are apparently better than the MM buys like Nielson, Hellings, Kaebi, Djeziri, Ferreira.

I wonder if the new plan is to get these youngsters blooded over the next 4-6 months and build for the future with them and some additions along the lines of Clemence, N'Gotty, John, Fulop etc.

Or was that the old plan? Maybe its now MM's plan rather than the old regime.

Still proves what a waste of wages we are spending on the dross MM brought in off his agent mates in Europe.

They really must be a load of poo huh?

I think everyone goes through bad patches. I've backed horses that should've won by the length of the straight only to see them get beaten. :icon_conf

With regard to Kisnorbo, possibly he's feeling a bit put out at losing the captaincy? I'm not saying it's a fact, but maybe?

FACT - Our home form is relegation standard whilst our away form is fantastic.

Wonder why?

FACT - Our home form is relegation standard whilst our away form is acceptable.

I don't think the reason for the modest difference is anything to do with the fans - it's much more likely to be because we can sit back more in away games; whilst at home we are obliged to try to open up play which doesn't suit our lack of mid field creativity and weak attack.

A loss in confidence can make an accomplished sportsman look a complete and utter joke. The last thing they need is the crowd getting restless, let alone openly hostile.

Maybe Newton is doing some really good stuff in training, but blows up under the pressure cooker of the Walkers (he could just be crap of course).

Getting players with character is part of the battle (not just talent and we may have far too little of that).

Getting behind the team (no matter how crap they are) has got to help get the best out of them - they will be performing in a 'safe' and supportive environment.

I will be down for the Baggies game and will get behind the lads no matter how crap they are.

Macky, you're right...I was using it in the context of 'supporters' as a phrase being misused..grammatically incorrect? most probably...thanks for pointing it out...doesn't change my views on the subject though...

Absolutely, I'm in full agreement with your post.

I don't think the reason for the modest difference is anything to do with the fans - it's much more likely to be because we can sit back more in away games; whilst at home we are obliged to try to open up play which doesn't suit our lack of mid field creativity and weak attack.

Personally, I tend to agree that is not the sole reason or maybe even the major reason, but personally I can't believe it helps in any way shape or form.

Alex's use of the word "fantastic" was over the top. Agreed. But why do have to have different tactics when playing home and away? Surely this is up to the manager? :icon_conf

Personally, I tend to agree that is not the sole reason or maybe even the major reason, but personally I can't believe it helps in any way shape or form.

it can't help, but it can't hinder more than the attitudes of certain players....which mr holloway should be concentrating on, not if the fans are fecked off at forking out good money to watch shit

Alex's use of the word "fantastic" was over the top. Agreed. But why do have to have different tactics when playing home and away? Surely this is up to the manager? :icon_conf

our tactics are the same in both, we go to draw every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670