Get out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy at 6.30 when I voted.

There seem to be a few problems around the country with people leaving it to the last minute and then not being allowed in having queued, or polling stations running out of ballot papers. We can't even organise an election it seems!

how do you get involved with working at the polling station and helping at the count

My local council advertised vacancies on their website a couple of months ago. However, I think many of those who work on the election are current council employees.

Is it true that those that were queueing and missed out are entitled to £750 compensation for not being able to case their vote?

Is it true that those that were queueing and missed out are entitled to £750 compensation for not being able to case their vote?

No, they get offered a vote in the next available election and a meal voucher :icon_bigg

It is the view of a human rights lawyer that this is the amount of compensation that would be awarded if a disappointed would-be voter were to sue the electoral commission who, he says, inadequately supervised the election.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8666338.stm

He's clearly bananas.

Last edited:
4 members of the family - 3 of us gone for different parties, Dad won't reveal.

Cancelled each other out then. You may as well have stayed at home with your feet up!

Clegg finally shows his true colours. Horse trading between the 2 parties and secretly negotiating behind their backs. Meanwhile the markets are struggling but as long as he gets his reform to the voting system.

In the national interest? I don't think so. In the interests of Nick Clegg and the small number of Liberal Democrat MP's, undoubtedly.

The smallest party by far holding all the cards and deciding on the countrys future, thats democracy for you.

Last edited:
Clegg finally shows his true colours. Horse trading between the 2 parties and secretly negotiating behind their backs. Meanwhile the markets are struggling but as long as he gets his reform to the voting system.

In the national interest? I don't think so. In the interests of Nick Clegg and the small number of Liberal Democrat MP's, undoubtedly.

The smallest party by far holding all the cards and deciding on the countrys future, thats democracy for you.

Great post and echo's my sentiments, what is the point of democracy if the party that has been trounced into 3rd place then becomes effectively the most powerful party in the country.

IMO Clegg has completely undone all the excellent PR work during the campaign. He is whoring himself around Westminster like some cheap slut, bartering for the best possible price between two fat and grotesquely rich old has beens, as to who gets to spend the night with her.

I believe that Clegg will now get into bed with Labour, which IMO will eventually lead the Liberal Democrats into the Political wilderness.

Great post and echo's my sentiments, what is the point of democracy if the party that has been trounced into 3rd place then becomes effectively the most powerful party in the country.

IMO Clegg has completely undone all the excellent PR work during the campaign. He is whoring himself around Westminster like some cheap slut, bartering for the best possible price between two fat and grotesquely rich old has beens, as to who gets to spend the night with her.

I believe that Clegg will now get into bed with Labour, which IMO will eventually lead the Liberal Democrats into the Political wilderness.

And will leave the country with another unelected Prime Minister.

Democracy = Unelected coalition lead by an unelected Prime Minister.

Lovely.

And if we end up with a PR electoral system, then we will be stuck with this ugly charade after each and every election from now on

Get used to it.......

And if we end up with a PR electoral system, then we will be stuck with this ugly charade after each and every election from now on

Get used to it.......

Yes, congratulations to those 6 million people who voted Liberal Democrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46