Gillespie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Unwin

Cant understand why this man is not given a decent run in the team. He came on at derby and looked excellent and when he came on against Brighton at least he ran with the ball. Its difficult to come on when the team is playing so bad. We need to start playing natural wingers instead of fullbacks and strikers out of poistion!
I'd imagine bringing in Harper could be the end for him though. Its left side we need not right

At last! :shock:

Adams:

"People might say, 'you have got Keith Gillespie' but he has had a few opportunities and not delivered too many crosses into the box."

Sure that will boost Keith's confidence for the rest of the season..........

homer said:
Adams:

"People might say, 'you have got Keith Gillespie' but he has had a few opportunities and not delivered too many crosses into the box."

Brilliant man management. It bodes really well for the rest of the season. :roll:

Billy Boy said:
homer said:
Adams:

Brilliant man management. It bodes really well for the rest of the season. :roll:

truthfull though

Harsh but fair. Micky is using reverse psychology. He is hoping that our friend Keith will think "right! I'm gonna play a blinder and whip more crosses in to the box than a fanatical christian collector!" but the harsh reality is that oru friend Keith is a lazy sod and will think "oh well, he thinks I'm crap so I may as well not try".

Sadness :cry:

Joe_Fox said:
Harsh but fair. Micky is using reverse psychology. He is hoping that our friend Keith will think "right! I'm gonna play a blinder and whip more crosses in to the box than a fanatical christian collector!" but the harsh reality is that oru friend Keith is a lazy sod and will think "oh well, he thinks I'm crap so I may as well not try".

Sadness :cry:

too true

He's just been a dissapointment for me,I really think he has the ability to shine at this level.I'd be wanting him to get to the byline and put crosses over but he seems as if he can't be arsed doing that,such a shame...

• :idea: :shock:
    Gosh I actually agree with MA which is a bit of a shock.
    Gillespie has actually lived up to his reputation exactly since arriving. Lazy, trouble and far too fond of the sauce and the dogs.
    Im sure MA would get rid if possible, although I do remember him saying what a great acquisition he was. Oh mickey!

Billy Boy said:
homer said:
Adams:

You're not going to get many goals from the likes of Dublin and Scowcroft unless you've got wingers...they're hardly going to frighten the opposition with pace.

It follows that MA will have to have some Faith of his own therefore in telling Gillespie, Harper, or both, to take people on in the front third then get the ball in the box.

This risks losing the ball on occasions and that's where MA will need the Faith and the courage to insist his team attacks as a unit with full-backs giving close support to the risk-taking wingers.

The problem is you need fast, competent and aware full-backs to make the system work. Why you'd ever sign any other sort of full back I cannot imagine except that the best are all in a job and I'm not sure City, apart from Tiatto have quite the right personnel.

It would be interesting to see though because I don't think Gillespie's ever been given the length of opportunity that shows his manager really believes in him.

Perhaps Gillespie, for one reason or another, has not always helped himself, but now might be a good time.

My god, I agree with a Tony post :wink:
Canero and Harper on the right could work really well (we'll see tomorrow), I feel Canero (and anyone playing that position) has had the problem of playing Scowcroft at right wing which has hindered forward runs as Scowy just does not have the pace to cover if the move breaks down.
The big problem I feel is still the left, Makin has seemed very solid at full-back (very much like Rowett was) and I would like to see him at left back, but I can not see him going on too many forward runs. If we had Tiatto in front of him his work rate could well make up for this. The other two options just have not been performing so we could well see Scowy on the left wing :( ........so attacking from the right then.

I take it that everbody who keeps saying give him a chance has never seen the lazy git live and i presume that either the radio or the tv make him look good.This "flying winger" is still yet to beat a man.Thats why he doesn`t get a chance.He`s free to a good home but sadly no takers.

Steve Kembers Shin Pads said:
I take it that everbody who keeps saying give him a chance has never seen the lazy git live and i presume that either the radio or the tv make him look good.This "flying winger" is still yet to beat a man.Thats why he doesn`t get a chance.He`s free to a good home but sadly no takers.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Round of appluase for the best name on the forum!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Round of appluase for the best name on the forum!!

I thank you!-Taken from memories of a proper player. Shin pads never worn, never shirked a 50-50,if only the present crop would show as much bottle.

Round of appluase for the best name on the forum!!

I thank you!-Taken from memories of a proper player. Shin pads never worn, never shirked a 50-50,if only the present crop would show as much bottle.

Too true!

Although as if Steve Kember would have worn those shin pads in you avatar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even at his best David Beckham never beat a man. He just manouvred the ball before delivering what were trademark crosses - and very effective. Gillespie has the ability to do that and if he can't race past a man first it might not matter...

If he can't, try and get rid by all means, but good crosses are needed and I don't see too many alternatives for sending em over.

It's just that, for now, if I were MA I'd flatter him a bit and see if we can't get something worthwhile out of him. Defensive responsibilities? Forget em. David Ginola was no good when they gave him defensive responsibilities. You've gotta make the system fit the players...

Tony Elsby said:

Even at his best David Beckham never beat a man. He just manouvred the ball before delivering what were trademark crosses - and very effective. Gillespie has the ability to do that and if he can't race past a man first it might not matter...

If he can't, try and get rid by all means, but good crosses are needed and I don't see too many alternatives for sending em over.

It's just that, for now, if I were MA I'd flatter him a bit and see if we can't get something worthwhile out of him. Defensive responsibilities? Forget em. David Ginola was no good when they gave him defensive responsibilities. You've gotta make the system fit the players...

Gillespie has and always will be worth a start. MA in his 'wisdom', not to mention ability to tinker at the most inopportune moments, simply does not play to his strengths. Perhaps he doesn't understand Keith, in which case what's he doing managing a team let alone ours. It's quite simple really you don't ask a 5'10" winger to play head tennis with bigger players. Play to the feet preferably in front of the player. :wink:

DurhamFox said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Round of appluase for the best name on the forum!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

What? I think Weel is the best name.

Gillespie has and always will be worth a start. MA in his 'wisdom', not to mention ability to tinker at the most inopportune moments, simply does not play to his strengths. Perhaps he doesn't understand Keith, in which case what's he doing managing a team let alone ours. It's quite simple really you don't ask a 5'10" winger to play head tennis with bigger players. Play to the feet preferably in front of the player.

Just wait ! I can see it now, lazy boy stood on the half way line hands on hips thinking I`m better than this,but still not trying yet to put in his first cross, watching whilst somebody else does his defending. When you notice these tell tale signs I hope you remember this post. Oh and i know Steve Guppy never beat many men to get crosses in but at least he got the crosses in. Yet to see it from Mr Gillespie, but still he`s only had 3ish years. Whats with defending the duffer is it an Irish thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669