Gillespie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Steve Kembers Shin Pads said:
Gillespie has and always will be worth a start. MA in his 'wisdom', not to mention ability to tinker at the most inopportune moments, simply does not play to his strengths. Perhaps he doesn't understand Keith, in which case what's he doing managing a team let alone ours. It's quite simple really you don't ask a 5'10" winger to play head tennis with bigger players. Play to the feet preferably in front of the player.

Just wait ! I can see it now, lazy boy stood on the half way line hands on hips thinking I`m better than this,but still not trying yet to put in his first cross, watching whilst somebody else does his defending. When you notice these tell tale signs I hope you remember this post. Oh and i know Steve Guppy never beat many men to get crosses in but at least he got the crosses in. Yet to see it from Mr Gillespie, but still he`s only had 3ish years. Whats with defending the duffer is it an Irish thing ?

I'll come back to you on that one in 20 years time when our friend Keith has a big red nose and is bankrupt.

Joe_Fox said:
Gillespie has and always will be worth a start. MA in his 'wisdom', not to mention ability to tinker at the most inopportune moments, simply does not play to his strengths. Perhaps he doesn't understand Keith, in which case what's he doing managing a team let alone ours. It's quite simple really you don't ask a 5'10" winger to play head tennis with bigger players. Play to the feet preferably in front of the player.

Just wait ! I can see it now, lazy boy stood on the half way line hands on hips thinking I`m better than this,but still not trying yet to put in his first cross, watching whilst somebody else does his defending. When you notice these tell tale signs I hope you remember this post. Oh and i know Steve Guppy never beat many men to get crosses in but at least he got the crosses in. Yet to see it from Mr Gillespie, but still he`s only had 3ish years. Whats with defending the duffer is it an Irish thing ?

I'll come back to you on that one in 20 years time when our friend Keith has a big red nose and is bankrupt.

with 3 livers?

RichMC24

Joe_Fox said:
DurhamFox said:
I take it that everbody who keeps saying give him a chance has never seen the lazy git live and i presume that either the radio or the tv make him look good.This "flying winger" is still yet to beat a man.Thats why he doesn`t get a chance.He`s free to a good home but sadly no takers.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Round of appluase for the best name on the forum!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

What? I think Weel is the best name.

Weel may well have been the best name, but since he lost his password he has had to re-register as Wellard.....

...Which is not so good!!!

Keep the Faith

I get the feeling that Billy Boy needs to take off the green tinted spectacles - if Gillespie didnt play for Nord Iron he would think along the same lines as most of us that he has done very little to justify a starting place, and that he seems content to pick up his salary and do bugger all.

In the games I have seen Gillespie play for us I have seen little to suggest otherwise reminds me a lot of Nathan Blake !

......hang on there was that foul throw against Brighton - Genius.

Billy Boy

Keep the Faith said:
I get the feeling that Billy Boy needs to take off the green tinted spectacles - if Gillespie didnt play for Nord Iron he would think along the same lines as most of us that he has done very little to justify a starting place, and that he seems content to pick up his salary and do bugger all.

In the games I have seen Gillespie play for us I have seen little to suggest otherwise reminds me a lot of Nathan Blake !

......hang on there was that foul throw against Brighton - Genius.

Aint got green tinted spectacles. Orange and grey polarised ones I use for fishing.

Gillespie doesn't play for Norn Iron anymore or at least hasn't recently MA has seen to that. :wink:

lennonboy

georgie best at the end of the end of his career-drinks gambles and thinks he is better than anyone else : :shock:

Redditch Fox

Chris_Unwin said:
Cant understand why this man is not given a decent run in the team. He came on at derby and looked excellent and when he came on against Brighton at least he ran with the ball. Its difficult to come on when the team is playing so bad. We need to start playing natural wingers instead of fullbacks and strikers out of poistion!
I'd imagine bringing in Harper could be the end for him though. Its left side we need not right

Let's get this straight. Gillespie has been a total waste of space and his early career talent long over shadowed by lack of interest and lack of effort.

MA seems to have learned some lessons over the past fortnight and bringing in a honest trier on the right wing in place of Gillespie is one of them - as is giving Tommy Wright some small recognition for actually doing something that wins football matches i.e. putting the ball in the net.

Gillespie has now reached the point where he is seemingly unloanable & its because of attitude not ability.

Steven

I know Steven. And that fact says more about our current plight than it does about Gillespie's talents.

Very true but I think this season has rammed home the point that effectiveness however it may be achieved (within the rules :icon_wink ) is much better than some form of self delusion about how a squad might play or not.

Well Gillespie has been slagged off by many a City fan and since he left City he has played in the PL and is still drawing a win bonus. What am I meant to believe? :102:

beaumontfox

Tell you what pissed me off more than anything today...hearing those twats singing about Gillespie being a rapist etc.
And then glorifying Holloway chanting his name.
Never mind we lost 3-0 lads, Holloway took off his shoe that the most important thing!:icon_roll

Sometimes it's downright embarrasing to be a Leicester fan.

George Costanza

Tell you what pissed me off more than anything today...hearing those twats singing about Gillespie being a rapist etc.
And then glorifying Holloway chanting his name.
Never mind we lost 3-0 lads, Holloway took off his shoe that the most important thing!:icon_roll

Sometimes it's downright embarrasing to be a Leicester fan.

Take a step back and look at the grand scheme of things, eh? We can't do anything about what happens on the pitch and neither can the players to a large extent when decisions like that one yesterday go against them. After the third goal went in and especially second half I think a lot of us decided we weren't going to let another weekend be ruined by the football so we had a laugh instead and we weren't hurting anyone. Although I'm sure Gillespie will have cried into his Ovaltine all evening after we hurt his feelings so much and I feel devastated to have caused you embarrassment by helping to make an atmosphere and bring some of the fun back into going to Leicester games.

Redditch Fox

Take a step back and look at the grand scheme of things, eh? We can't do anything about what happens on the pitch and neither can the players to a large extent when decisions like that one yesterday go against them. After the third goal went in and especially second half I think a lot of us decided we weren't going to let another weekend be ruined by the football so we had a laugh instead and we weren't hurting anyone. Although I'm sure Gillespie will have cried into his Ovaltine all evening after we hurt his feelings so much and I feel devastated to have caused you embarrassment by helping to make an atmosphere and bring some of the fun back into going to Leicester games.

I wouldn't worry about it mate - you are no more embarrassing than the team and Holloway.

beaumontfox

:icon_roll

I'm so sorry that I find it distasteful to chant stuff like that.
There is plenty of other things that can be chanted with resorting to stupid,libellious songs.
I don't sit at games in silence you know, but I'm also not going to lower meself by joining in that sort of stuff thank you very much.

I seem to remember when the La Manga thing had happened,fans who went Brum were criticising the Brum fans who were chanting stuff about what happened before it was all proved to be false allegations.

Hypocrites.

George Costanza

:icon_roll

I'm so sorry that I find it distasteful to chant stuff like that.
There is plenty of other things that can be chanted with resorting to stupid,libellious songs.
I don't sit at games in silence you know, but I'm also not going to lower meself by joining in that sort of stuff thank you very much.

I seem to remember when the La Manga thing had happened,fans who went Brum were criticising the Brum fans who were chanting stuff about what happened before it was all proved to be false allegations.

Hypocrites.

It wasn't just that though, was it? You didn't like Holloway being "glorified" either, or a few people taking their shoes off and waving them in the air. Both horrendous acts worthy of criticism.

As for the Birmingham thing, unless you can prove anyone singing about Gillespie also criticised the Birmingham fans then I wouldn't go around accusing people of hypocrisy. Might be seen as libellous. :icon_roll

I don't usually go looking for arguments about things like this but, Gillespie chants aside, to slag off our fans for essentially supporting the team deserves an argument.

I don't come on here very often so I'll leave it at that.

Lako42

I don't usually go looking for arguments about things like this but, Gillespie chants aside, to slag off our fans for essentially supporting the team deserves an argument.

I don't come on here very often so I'll leave it at that.

I have to say i agree with that.

beaumontfox

:icon_rollI never said they were 'horrendous acts'

I'm simply saying my opinion is that the chants about Gillespie were wrong.
And I also think chanting Holloways name when he's done buggar all to deserve it is not only doing feck all to help the team(some who might or might not want to play for Holloway) but it would give the impression the man can do no wrong in the fans eyes, when so far he's done buggar all right!

But I'm sorry if me expressing my opinion about some chants is apparently slagging off fans getting behind the team but then those chants aren't are they? Not that I'm being pedantic.

Last edited:

Ched

:icon_rollI never said they were 'horrendous acts'

I'm simply saying my opinion is that the chants about Gillespie were wrong.
And I also think chanting Holloways name when he's done buggar all to deserve it is not only doing feck all to help the team(some who might or might not want to play for Holloway) but it would give the impression the man can do no wrong in the fans eyes, when so far he's done buggar all right!

But I'm sorry if me expressing my opinion about some chants is apparently slagging off fans getting behind the team but then those chants aren't are they? Not that I'm being pedantic.
Give it a rest and get off the defensive.

We realise Holloway hasn't done an awful lot right in his time here, but your constant barrage of abuse and hate towards him is painful.

Them bloody blue mongies! They just carry on getting behind there team instead of being a miserable bunch of people! Damn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669