Glamorgan Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox58

313 all out big stand by Ackerman and Dippenaar

Glam 45-0

Chris Thompson, ex-England U-19 batsman and ex-Surrey, makes his first-class debut at the top of the order instead of Boyce and ahead of Cobb.

Where did that come from? Will be interesting to see what the official site says. Seems harsh on Cobb, maybe it's a last minute thing - due to the proximity of the matches they must have wanted to remain unchanged.

From the official site

"Earlier in the day, the game got underway in bright sunshine in front of a sizeable crowd at the pretty venue, with all-rounder Chris Thompson handed a Leicestershire debut in place of Matthew Boyce at the top of the order."

Think he has been scoring runs for the seconds, he got a ton against Durham the other week

Chris Thompson, ex-England U-19 batsman and ex-Surrey, makes his first-class debut at the top of the order instead of Boyce and ahead of Cobb.

Where did that come from? Will be interesting to see what the official site says. Seems harsh on Cobb, maybe it's a last minute thing - due to the proximity of the matches they must have wanted to remain unchanged.

I think it's part of the 'end of season' mode.......which started to set in sometime in May?

But redditch, the mercury said yesterday we were only 35 points off the promotion race!

Good comeback today, Glam from 213-2 to 294-7 with Henderson getting 6 of them. 11 wickets to spinners so far and Glam have 3 frontline spinners playing (Dalrymple, Cosker, Croft) so we could probably have done with another!

But redditch, the mercury said yesterday we were only 35 points off the promotion race!

Yes, the Mercury sees the glass as 90% full.

I'm now looking forward to some high drama in the remaining home championship fixtures as we chase down promotion. The season is clearly going to end on a big high.

77-2 at the close

will have to bat well tomorrow

It's strange to see Nathan playing for the county first team after him being a right little brat down the dieu years ago.

I used to play with his brother and he was always a right cheeky fecker down there :icon_lol:

It's a shame Loughborough Town take the credit for the majority of young talent the county ends up with, especially as many of them actually learn their cricket skills at other clubs, just like Nathan did at Grace Dieu before being poached by them.

unbelievable.

poor.

depressing.

I can recall some other innocuous looking Leicestershire bowling attacks down the years and whilst appreciating that the club is trying to develop young players for the future, I just don't think that the attack in this game is commercial.

Put some effort in for a bit with Dippenaar and New then it looks like they couldn't be bothered to keep going once New had gone and collapsed to an innings defeat.

Shambles of a match from Day 3 11am onwards.

Poor way to lose a match. We were very much in it until that absurd 9th wicket partnership.

The bowlers should bare most of the blame as letting them score 550 really invited pressure on to us on the last day, when they had 3 spinners. I don't think playing a past it Harris and two youngsters as a pace attack is that clever. We may have looked at playing someone who could serve as a second spinner too? Josh Cobb is a leggie isn't he? Maybe it tells us about our lack of depth in the squad.

Our openers are still some concern. Smith and Thompson don't appear to be the answer but we should give them a go. I think Steve Stubbings from Derby would be a great addition to the squad next year as an experienced opener by the way.

Also, sad to see HD Ackerman is on the verge of playing his last game for the club. Say what you want about Kolpaks but hes been a great signing and a lot of people have benefited from his time at the club.

A middle order (3-7) of Dippenaar - Taylor - Cobb - McDonald - New next year could be pretty impressive though.

Agree about HD, him and Henderson have been loyal and contributed a lot to the club. Unlike most overseas and Kolpak players. Are you saying HD is going to be left out for the rest of the season too???

Taylor is also a spinner and bowled his first over when Glamorgan were on around 450, I think. Flabargasted

Poor way to lose a match. We were very much in it until that absurd 9th wicket partnership.

The bowlers should bare most of the blame as letting them score 550 really invited pressure on to us on the last day, when they had 3 spinners. I don't think playing a past it Harris and two youngsters as a pace attack is that clever. We may have looked at playing someone who could serve as a second spinner too? Josh Cobb is a leggie isn't he? Maybe it tells us about our lack of depth in the squad.

Our openers are still some concern. Smith and Thompson don't appear to be the answer but we should give them a go. I think Steve Stubbings from Derby would be a great addition to the squad next year as an experienced opener by the way.

Also, sad to see HD Ackerman is on the verge of playing his last game for the club. Say what you want about Kolpaks but hes been a great signing and a lot of people have benefited from his time at the club.

A middle order (3-7) of Dippenaar - Taylor - Cobb - McDonald - New next year could be pretty impressive though.

Sorry.

I meant to say that Steve Stubbings looks an obvious Leics sort of signing.

As I've said before I can see Darren Maddy returning for next season. I just can't see Warks wanting him that much and I would guess that he would be keen to finish his career back at Grace road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669