Gloucs CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Well another brilliant bowling performance and some solid batting has put us on course for another win. 400 runs ahead with Gloucs 5 wickets down :038:

Massive ton for Smith and another good score for Du Toit.

Funny that after all the stick we have given them, and the off the field antics, we should give them a lot of credit now for putting in a decent Championship performance this season with lots of improvement.

Since that embarrasing hammering against Glamorgan I make it that we will have only lost 1 game in 9 - and that against Sussex - if we don't somehow lose this one!

Being fair, on reflection the following have all had decent seasons

Du Toit (needs 115 in final match to make 1,000)
Smith
Taylor (900odd runs although not as prolific as last year)
Nixon (850 runs!)
Jefferson
McDonald
New (not that many big runs but doing well in the wk catches stats)
Naik (has done really well when played, considering how ineffective he was last year)
Malik
Hoggy (44 wickets)
Henderson (50+ wickets)
Buck (44 wickets)

Unfortunately only the seamers, McDonald, arguably Du Toit and latterly Smith could have been said to have been very good and the batsmen still haven't scored enough runs.

Such a shame that a couple of heavy defeats and the lack of batting bonus points set us back too much at the start of the season.

And don't mention the one day form :icon_roll

Not a very adventurous declaration given the poor weather forecast for today.

I'm going to guess that Hoggard has over cooked this one and we could struggle to get in the 40 or so overs that may be needed to win the game

I think a 380 target would have been plenty in the circumstances - in which case I would guess that with the extra half hour that the game could have been wrapped up last evening.

The session between lunch and the declaration was dire. Gloucs operated at a snail pace either bored or vexed or both that we hadn't declared and our batting was to say the least not entertaining.

I fully realise that we have outplayed Gloucs - but the best way to have got a result was probably to have offered them the slimmest of chances to chase. That said, I can see that Hoggard would not want to risk egg on his face from losing the game - but I don't think there was much risk involved.

Wrapped up a good win by 329 runs on the down side Malik had to go off injured. up to 4th in the table, 6 wins in the season is prob more than was expected and an improvement on last season.

Wrapped up a good win by 329 runs on the down side Malik had to go off injured. up to 4th in the table, 6 wins in the season is prob more than was expected and an improvement on last season.

3 seam bowlers/ 2 spinners attack has started to look very effective in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669