Go on, admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

what occasion following city did you find most emotional. I'm sure theres a few grown men on here that have had a tear in the eye, or the hairs on the back of the neck standing up.
For me it was the night we played Spurs and the fans sang there hearts out to persuade MON not to jump ship for Leeds. Pure brilliant.

Brauny Blue said:
. I'm sure theres a few grown men on here that have had a tear in the eye, or the hairs on the back of the neck standing up.
Whenever I think of the torment, pain and anguish that our most loyal servant Lee Morris must be having to endear

Seriously, I think Claridge's goal at Wembley

Final whistle at Hillsborough - it's really true, we have won a trophy!!!

:038: :icon_razz :icon_cry: :038: :icon_razz :icon_cry: :038:

:icon_wink

Too many to mention but the final whistle of the lc final replay against Middlesboro at Hillsbrough brought a lump to me throat, Stan Collymore scoring a hat trick against Sunderland and all the obvious ones but the moment which brought tears to my eyes was in 01/02 at home to Man Utd when everyone knew we were relegated but in the middle of the game everyone in the ground stood and sung their hearts out - a truely unforgettable moment

I sadly missed that game - having suffered through the rest of the shite that was served up that season, I saw the highlights on a TV somewhere in southern Mexico. We got the general gist that we had lost and were therefore relegated, but didn't find out about the crowd reaction until we got home.

The feckin angriest I've ever feckin been at the feckin football was that feckin Atletico feckin Madrid match, with that feckin cheating feckin coont of a feckin referee, the feckin fecker. Feck!!! :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

But that was also one of the best atmospheres. Everyone in the Carling Stand was actually standing (and we thought most of them couldn't!), many on their seats, for the entire second half. Quality.

Last edited:
The 01/02 Man Utd relegation match. For all the second half, I just stood and cried, and clapped and cried, and sang and cried, and felt as proud of my club as I ever have, more so than the Wembley Finals.

The first time we managed to win at Wembley, I saw plenty of grown men literally weeping with joy :022:

DesertFox said:
Final whistle at Hillsborough - it's really true, we have won a trophy!!!

:038: :icon_razz :icon_cry: :038: :icon_razz :icon_cry: :038:

:icon_wink
Sadly, I was at the Demont watching Cast and had to rely on John Power (singer) giving us up to date scores. Still that was an experience, the Demont went mad

losing to spurs in the league cup final to a last minute goal, last game at filbert street (both league and friendly - where walsh scored the last goal, penalty didn't he have to take it twice?), relegation match against Man utd.

Was the Claridge goal at Wembley. Having missed the Derby Playoff final, it was the first time me and my old man saw them win at the twin towers. Being virtually the last kick of the whole season and the reward of promotion to the premiership a little tear did trickle down my cheek as the whole Leicester end went mental.

The last match at Filbo.... although I did nick a piece of the pitch (which is merrily growing in a pot in the garden :) )

Cate Fox said:
The last match at Filbo.... although I did nick a piece of the pitch (which is merrily growing in a pot in the garden :) )

Quality bit of turf you have there Cate Fox!

swindon play off final think it mustve been the hottest day on record :icon_bigg

Can't remember the year, early 70's. V the Arse in an FA Cup replay, playing extra time and losing 0-1 with minutes to go Then the the Birch flicked a header in. I was in Pen 2 of the Kop and it exploded, I think we lost the next replay, but just for that moment I was so deleriously happy I could have wept. Even the coppers were cheering and clapping!

Dim and distant past so forgive any errors in facts.

Also a 4-2 win against Man City in the cup, even earlier I think, 42,000 (or something like) all the kids were passed over head to the front and we sat on the gravel - magic moments. :)

Cate Fox said:

Was gonna be mine aswell. Me and my dad stood their clappign, shouting and crying for what felt like hours after the last game

Happiest - Stevey vs. Palace
Saddest - Bolton away a few years back, 2-0 up and them down to 9 men, drawing 2-2 in the last second - that hurt!

Cate Fox said:

Carfeul who you tell, growing grass in a pot in the back yard? tut tut. :033:

ManUre at home stood out for obivious reason.
Swindon 4-3 lives long in the memory..one of me first games as a City fan,
2 play-offs finals

One which hurt me the most was 2-2 at Forest, the week we were in admin, the club and fans had been hit hard in the week and we go to Forest, go 2-0 up and then the wankers equalise in the 97th minute. I remember everyone in tatters, probably the day I realise Football didnt mean everything. I also saw some Forest fans during Coke on the street in front 3 kids.

p.s. I never got to go to the League Cup Final cos it's when we started getting fair weather fans.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
swindon play off final think it mustve been the hottest day on record :icon_bigg

im a dozy cow i actually meant the blackburn play off :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670