Go on, admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck T Masala said:
Can't remember the year, early 70's. V the Arse in an FA Cup replay, playing extra time and losing 0-1 with minutes to go Then the the Birch flicked a header in. I was in Pen 2 of the Kop and it exploded, I think we lost the next replay, but just for that moment I was so deleriously happy I could have wept. Even the coppers were cheering and clapping!

Dim and distant past so forgive any errors in facts.

Also a 4-2 win against Man City in the cup, even earlier I think, 42,000 (or something like) all the kids were passed over head to the front and we sat on the gravel - magic moments. :)

That moment stands out for me too, and there was touching 40,000 there as well. Lost the replay, replay at home 0-1 with Radford scoring it, again that was a dubious goal....
Also the FA cup match against Shrewsbury, where we wer 2-1 down with Wallington not knowing where he was after taking a bad knock, we had 3 different keepers that day and we still won 5-2

Boy Genius said:
That moment stands out for me too, and there was touching 40,000 there as well. Lost the replay, replay at home 0-1 with Radford scoring it, again that was a dubious goal....
Also the FA cup match against Shrewsbury, where we wer 2-1 down with Wallington not knowing where he was after taking a bad knock, we had 3 different keepers that day and we still won 5-2

That still remains my favourite ever football match and the only time I ever got to run on the pitch at Filbo!

mine was the first game at the walkers when they ran out pies and beer i couldnt stop sobbing for two hours :icon_sad:

lazzer said:
mine was the first game at the walkers when they ran out pies and beer i couldnt stop sobbing for two hours :icon_sad:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

lazzer said:

I know and you had only had 14 pies as well....:102:

Mine would be the play off final against Blackburn. The anger at Speedie for what seemed like a blatant dive.... the tears at the end..

For me it will be the Man. Utd. relegation game. I was so proud to be there and be part of such a fantastic crowd, the emotions were not because of the fact we were down, but the spirit of the City fans on the day. I remember there being an article by a MUFC fan saying how fantastic the response was, a contrast to the blubbering by other fans who have been relegated. I think the fact that it came way before the end of the game added to it. A real highlight.

DesertFox said:
Final whistle at Hillsborough - it's really true, we have won a trophy!!!

:038: :icon_razz :icon_cry: :038: :icon_razz :icon_cry: :038:

:icon_wink

it has to be this. i was in tears at the thought of us winning a major piece of silverware, with the prospect of playing in europe. before then i really doubted whether i'd see my team lift a major trophy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chuck T Masala
Can't remember the year, early 70's. V the Arse in an FA Cup replay, playing extra time and losing 0-1 with minutes to go Then the the Birch flicked a header in. I was in Pen 2 of the Kop and it exploded

I was in Pen 3. We sang you'll never walk alone and it ECHOED back to us off the houses in Filbert street. Terrific Moment.

Others, not so obvious ones.:
Oxford 1-0 staying up
The winner against Leatherhead!
2-0 QPR. Joe Waters.

Bad moments.
Spurs 1-0 stevie earle 89th minute 1974. Pen 3 surged forward and I hit the deck. THought I was a gonner. Got badly trampled on.
V Liverpool 1975. Some b*stard gobbed in my hair in Pen 3
In the days when away fans were in pen 1, I was in the east stand. We were chanting at the Cardiff fans: Aberfan, aberfan, aberfan. Most ashamed of that now.

Kettering Pete said:
In the days when away fans were in pen 1, I was in the east stand. We were chanting at the Cardiff fans: Aberfan, aberfan, aberfan. Most ashamed of that now.
I don't understnad why it's ashaming, i don't want to insult anyone but what does it mean, never heard of it?

leicester_til_i_die said:
I don't understnad why it's ashaming, i don't want to insult anyone but what does it mean, never heard of it?

166 children and teachers died when a slag heap collapsed and engulged a primary scholl in the welsh mining village od Aberfan, I think it was 1966. Terrible terrible tragedy, a whole village generation practically wiped out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A517673

Last edited:
leicester_til_i_die said:

In the late 60's I believe, a coal tip slid down a hill and engulfed a school killing loads of kids in Aberfan

Been a few:

2000 Cup Final Vs Spurs
Last game at Filbo (Vs Spurs)
and the Monday night - the last ever game at Filbo the all-stars thing!

Some of the best memories are of Filbo St; now look at it!
If only we could emulate half the success we had there!:090:

the play off final against swindon

noooooooooo, yeeeeeeeeeeeeees, nooooooooooooooo

gutted, i still hate swindon

and the ZDS final against f*rest, magic atmosphere in the kop

Darth Vodka said:
the play off final against swindon

noooooooooo, yeeeeeeeeeeeeees, nooooooooooooooo

gutted, i still hate swindon

and the ZDS final against f*rest, magic atmosphere in the kop

I hate Swindon because of the Magic Roundabout almost as much as I do the play off final, I fear for my life and go into a cold sweat just by seeing the sign!

Kettering Pete said:
Originally Posted by Chuck T Masala
Can't remember the year, early 70's. V the Arse in an FA Cup replay, playing extra time and losing 0-1 with minutes to go Then the the Birch flicked a header in. I was in Pen 2 of the Kop and it exploded

I was in Pen 3. We sang you'll never walk alone and it ECHOED back to us off the houses in Filbert street. Terrific Moment.

Others, not so obvious ones.:
Oxford 1-0 staying up
The winner against Leatherhead!
2-0 QPR. Joe Waters.

Bad moments.
Spurs 1-0 stevie earle 89th minute 1974. Pen 3 surged forward and I hit the deck. THought I was a gonner. Got badly trampled on.
V Liverpool 1975. Some b*stard gobbed in my hair in Pen 3

QPR Quarter final FA cup, Joe Waters double, both beauties too, picked up a shiner at that match as we were in the wrong end.
Leatherhead, Lenny Glover headed goal if I remember to give us the game 3-2, being 2-0 down at halftime.
They never sing "You Will Never Walk Alone" anymore, that used to bring a tear to my eye everytime without fail

my best moment has to be the steve claridge goal at hilsborough.

although for some reason the most prominent memory is my worst one - Spurs grabbing the late equaliser in the WC final. seeing the ball sail past (my hero at the time) kasey killer brought made me cry after so much hope had built up inside me. watched it on the big screen at the west end WMC. my mate was the same, we never told anyone at school we cried though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669