Goalkeeping legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

The history of Banks v Shilton popped up in the Keith Weller thread

Mark Wallington was mentioned by some astute fan

I think most would agree, Wallington has 'Fox Legend' status as much for his staying power and on-field personality as his goalkeeping prowess

Fox fans may be interested to hear that definitely one of our best goalkeepers of the past quarter century is still playing in the MLS for Seattle.... Casey Keller is leading the league in lowest goals-per-game, at a lithe & sprightly 43 years old!

pds

I used to really rate Keller during his time here but looking back at the old season review videos he made quite a few horrible errors.

He is 41 not 43 by the way.

dpjfox

Banks and Shilton were at the club at the same time..amazing! ohh for just one a tenth as good

Han

Keller was a bit of a hero of mine when I was growing up. Especially in the sexy kit they made him wear.

Ike O'Noclassed

I just wonder what Pegguy is up to

Polishing all those medals he won benchwarming for us and some skanky northern team he left us for, must take up a fair amount of his working week.

Michael Owen? Not fit to lace Pegguy's boots.

Last edited:

Miles Away

Keller was not as good as you remember him. Lacked bravery, didn't command his box and prone to the odd clanger. Not a bad keeper, just not a great one.

All said, very good bloke and a decent keeper...but there is a reason he was allowed to leave and that reason was Tim Flowers (who was one of the very best we ever had).

Granite Fox

I only ever saw Banks play for Stoke. Shilton was great, although a lot of my memories are of Wallington who appeared to play for many years for us and was a great servant. He may have got more of an England look in if it wasn't for Shilts and Clemence being around at the time.
Tim Flowers was great, shame his injuries got the best of him.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Keller was a bit of a hero of mine when I was growing up. Especially in the sexy kit they made him wear.

Should not IANGWOC have been appended somewhere here?

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Keller was not as good as you remember him. Lacked bravery, didn't command his box and prone to the odd clanger. Not a bad keeper, just not a great one.

All said, very good bloke and a decent keeper...but there is a reason he was allowed to leave and that reason was Tim Flowers (who was one of the very best we ever had).

Is this some kind of a joke? What's the punch-line?

Profondo Rosso

Jim McLaren imo.

gregs_y2k

It still baffles me that Zeljko Kalac went on from Leicester to play for AC Milan

tedfoxxx

Flowers was our No.1 when I started to go regularly, liked a lot Walker too.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675