Going Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Going down?"

Yes, to the pub. It's the only answer.
Which says a lot from a virtual tea-totaler.

This is one of the few home games I've missed. But was mad enough to listen on the radio.

Last edited:
I cant believe this will be allowed to continue beyond either today or Saturdays game. Something as to happen.

I'm just warning you...

We look fcking appalling, we're certainly in a relegation battle again whether you like it not.

With only thirty odd games left to turn it round it's looking decidedly iffy

FFS

:icon_roll

I totally agree that we are prime candidates for relegation. All this talk of it only being October and there being 30 games to go - we heard this same stuff for the last three seasons. How many times can we escape relegation by the skin of our teeth? We can't always rely on sacking the manager with a few games to go and us scraping through. Eventually we are going to get caught out.

I totally agree that we are prime candidates for relegation. All this talk of it only being October and there being 30 games to go - we heard this same stuff for the last three seasons. How many times can we escape relegation by the skin of our teeth? We can't always rely on sacking the manager with a few games to go and us scraping through. Eventually we are going to get caught out.

Prime - there is 7 teams below us!

Our future is dependant, not so much upon the speed of our next appointment, but upon the quality. Even promotion is not out of the range of possibility BUT, if Milan doesn't get the right man this time, we're doomed, doomed.

Prime - there is 7 teams below us!

i'd be more confident with that if i was convinced that the 7 other teams have been playing with as little attacking intent as ourselves, at the moment my arse is quite firmly on the fence

Possibility certainly but we are still not too many points away from the play off places.

IMO going down would have been the most likely outcome if we had kept that wank job Megson!

We may well have just saved ourselves!

Possibility certainly but we are still not too many points away from the play off places.

IMO going down would have been the most likely outcome if we had kept that wank job Megson!

We may well have just saved ourselves!

I agree. I think we have been extremely fortunate to lose Megson so quickly. It's amazing that the Chairman of Bolton wants him. They should be depressed; we should be uplifted.

However, I don't think there is any realistic chance of us being promoted this season. There is going to be a price to pay for all the instability factored into the club over the last 6 months or so.

Neither do I think we shall be relegated even if Milan gets it wrong next time - I sense that he will just keep chopping and changing until he eventually gets it right or he gives up and sells up. It's at this point that we would have a problem. I admit that I was one of those that wanted Milan to take over irrespective. I still think that was right. But I also recognise that the more frustrated he gets the more likely he is to walk away and leave the club in a potentially perilous, debt ridden situation. Things have gone much worse than I think most of us expected and let's hope that this is the beginning of an upturn. I certainly think that the City support will approach the Barnsley game in much better heart than if Megson was still lingering on - I'm minded to make the effort to turn out myself.

I agree. I think we have been extremely fortunate to lose Megson so quickly. It's amazing that the Chairman of Bolton wants him. They should be depressed; we should be uplifted.

However, I don't think there is any realistic chance of us being promoted this season. There is going to be a price to pay for all the instability factored into the club over the last 6 months or so.

Neither do I think we shall be relegated even if Milan gets it wrong next time - I sense that he will just keep chopping and changing until he eventually gets it right or he gives up and sells up. It's at this point that we would have a problem. I admit that I was one of those that wanted Milan to take over irrespective. I still think that was right. But I also recognise that the more frustrated he gets the more likely he is to walk away and leave the club in a potentially perilous, debt ridden situation. Things have gone much worse than I think most of us expected and let's hope that this is the beginning of an upturn. I certainly think that the City support will approach the Barnsley game in much better heart than if Megson was still lingering on - I'm minded to make the effort to turn out myself.

i think he is too proud to walk away. does anyone know if he's walked away from something before??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669