Good Deed For The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Have you done one selfless thing today?

Yesterday I had to slam on my my brakes on the M69 between Hinckley and Leicester northbound, due to a large vessel, possibly a fibre glass pond taking up the whole of the middle lane. In my mirror I could see lots of cars taking similar evasive action.

After a little pursuasion :icon_wink I called 999 and was thanked for my call and they would take recovery action immediately. (I wasn't sure that it justified 999, but was comforted when they told me it was)

I have to confess to being a little annoyed with myself for potentially saving the life of a ****, but in general I have a warm feeling of goodness inside me, just like when you eat Ready Brek on a cold December morning.

To make up for it, today I plan to do **** all for anybody other than myself.

Last edited:
Good grief!!

I had you down as a "Lane Three all the way" type. What were you doing in the middle lane?

You have shattered my image of you!!

Maybe you heard about the cyclist left to die on a dual carriageway story this morning, hence the action you took.

Poor chap was left there for thought to be 3 hours and every car ignored him, even one ran-him over.

Yesterday I had to slam on my my brakes

Maybe you heard about the cyclist left to die on a dual carriageway story this morning, hence the action you took.

Poor chap was left there for thought to be 3 hours and every car ignored him, even one ran-him over.
Obviously not :icon_roll

But that story is shocking Hazza, beyond belief in fact.

But TBF, before I dish out any sympathy, what are the laws on riding a bike on a dual carriageway?

Obviously not :icon_roll

But that story is shocking Hazza, beyond belief in fact.

But TBF, before I dish out any sympathy, what are the laws on riding a bike on a dual carriageway?

There's no special laws about cycling on a dual carriageway.

There's no special laws about cycling on a dual carriageway.
In which case I'm shocked, it's an extremely dangerous to thing to be allowed to do.

As for the reported behaviour of fellow Human Beings towards this cyclist, unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable!!!

As for the reported behaviour of fellow Human Beings towards this cyclist, unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable!!!

Moss side...most of the motorists didn't want to stop cos they were in untaxed or stolen cars themselves

i bet the cyclist had stole the bike

:icon_bigg

Have you done one selfless thing today?

Yesterday I had to slam on my my brakes on the M69 between Hinckley and Leicester northbound, due to a large vessel, possibly a fibre glass pond taking up the whole of the middle lane. In my mirror I could see lots of cars taking similar evasive action.

I'm surprised you didn't pick it up to raise fish in.

POOR CHAP!!!!!! He is a ****ing cyclist, they are a pain in the arse on the roads, they are worse than caravan users. They pay nothing to be on the road and cause all sorts of problems.

I would have jumped at the chance to run over the twat.

Cyclist and horse riders, shoot the ****ing lot of 'em.

Last edited:
Don't have a problem with cyclists, I have a problem with dick heads who don't treat someone riding a bike with due care and attention.

Some cyclists are just idiots though.

Don't have a problem with cyclists, I have a problem with dick heads who don't treat someone riding a bike with due care and attention.

Some cyclists are just idiots though.

never drive in London then.

My good deed for the day was getting up before the missus and bringing her up a cuppa.

Now it's payback time and I have some real serious expectations of her over the next 48 hours.

My good deed for the day was getting up before the missus and bringing her up a cuppa.

Now it's payback time and I have some real serious expectations of her over the next 48 hours.

The things people will do to get their leg over.......:icon_eek:

i gave 32p to a tramp outside burtons earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48