Gordon Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Sounds like a Maggie Thatcher style assassination is gathering momentum in the corridors of Westminster.
Whatever your allegiance or even if you have no interest, you cant deny these are extraordinary days.

He is getting only a small amount of what he really deserves. I hope the labour party implodes and never ever be in a position to run this country again.

trouble BG, who is out there that is any better? They are all useless thieving scumbags... dangerous really when you know the BNP are going to be picking up loads of votes because of recent times

BG, I assume you're too young to remember the devastation the Tories meted out on this country?

SATS and the Baker ERA, compulsory competitive tendering which destroyed the hygiene levels in all hospitals, 'There is no such thing as society', a war with Argentina over sod all, fat cat business dodgy deals led by son Mark, the Me generation, lowering taxes and depleting services, and just money mayhem. The Thatcher years were without any doubt the worst and most cynical and brutal years I have lived through, ever.

Don't even get me started on how the Labour government didn't have the cojones to dismantle all that, and if they ever attempted to do it, they went back to Marxist positivist 'nanny state' rules about not smoking etc, and couldn't lose the Tory legacy on education and just chill and be brave, and bring back power to the NHS to run its hospitals well. Blair just wanted an easy celeb life. As a Catholic, sending his kids to a Catholic school. You can't get more positivist than that. Faith schools are destructive. As are private schools. And single sex schools. Children should grow up together, and learn from each other.

I'm left wing libertarian, and no party now speaks for me.

Politics is now centrist, and ineffectual, and that MPs now earn less than headteachers and social services managers is appalling. No wonder they fiddle their expenses.

This country is run by media, particularly Murdoch, from Australia. They tell people what to think. And people listen. That's what's sad. People actually believe what media select for them to respond to, and PR agencies and Press agencies rule. Politics? Who cares? Media have blitzed our minds.

Max Clifford and Simon Cowell and Heat and the Sun and Times and Telegraph control our lives, far more than Gordon Brown. Get it into perspective, and see how we're all getting used and abused. How did we allow media to define who we are and what we believe?

BG, I assume you're too young to remember the devastation the Tories meted out on this country?

SATS and the Baker ERA, compulsory competitive tendering which destroyed the hygiene levels in all hospitals, 'There is no such thing as society', a war with Argentina over sod all, fat cat business dodgy deals led by son Mark, the Me generation, lowering taxes and depleting services, and just money mayhem. The Thatcher years were without any doubt the worst and most cynical and brutal years I have lived through, ever.

Don't even get me started on how the Labour government didn't have the cojones to dismantle all that, and if they ever attempted to do it, they went back to Marxist positivist 'nanny state' rules about not smoking etc, and couldn't lose the Tory legacy on education and just chill and be brave, and bring back power to the NHS to run its hospitals well. Blair just wanted an easy celeb life. As a Catholic, sending his kids to a Catholic school. You can't get more positivist than that. Faith schools are destructive. As are private schools. And single sex schools. Children should grow up together, and learn from each other.

Politics is now centrist, and ineffectual, and that MPs now earn less than headteachers and social services managers is appalling. No wonder they fiddle their expenses.

This country is run by media, particularly Murdoch, from Australia. They tell people what to think. And people listen. That's what's sad. People actually believe what media select for them to respond to, and PR agencies and Press agencies rule. Politics? Who cares? Media have blitzed our minds.

Max Clifford and Simon Cowell and Heat and the Sun and Times and Telegraph control our lives, far more than Gordon Brown. Get it into perspective, and see how we're all getting used and abused. How did we allow media to define who we are and what we believe?

I never thought I'd say this but I actually agree with you :icon_eek:

Apart from the BG being too young bit.

Last edited:
Yeah. You strike me as an elderly person, Boc ! :)

You're probably at least nine months older than I am, but in real terms, maybe 50 years.

Just joking :)

So, tell me about Foucault.........

That is powerkeg stuff. Much agreed on the media stuff. My brother wants me to get Sky with him but something inside of me is telling not to give Murdoch the pleasure or money.

Hey Innocent, tell me why the "war" against Argentina was over sod all?

You don't half talk some bollocks and that one tops the cake. I suppose you would have been one of those who would just let others walk all over us. Let Spain have Gibraltar, France the Channel Islands. But then again I suppose you think The Falklands is too far away to bother with, let alone a gateway to the extreme southern parts.
I will let you tell the parents of a friend of mine who got killed there that it was a sod all war! and that he died for nothing.

I suggest you keep your nose in one of your fancy academic books and keep well away from politics.

Last edited:

How very dare you?!?! That war wasn't for 'sod all'!
That war was fought so that Maggie could get herself re-elected, how dare you suggest otherwise.

Labour were a ****ing shambles in 1983, and wouldn't have won regardless of the falklands war. The falklands contributed to giving the Conservatives a bigger majority, and wasn't that much of a decisive factor overall in their electoral victory

Labour were a ****ing shambles in 1983, and wouldn't have won regardless of the falklands war. The falklands contributed to giving the Conservatives a bigger majority, and wasn't that much of a decisive factor overall in their electoral victory

It didnt help them when Michael Foot turned up at the Cenotaph in a donkey jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669