Gordon Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labour were a ****ing shambles in 1983, and wouldn't have won regardless of the falklands war. The falklands contributed to giving the Conservatives a bigger majority, and wasn't that much of a decisive factor overall in their electoral victory

the SDP Liberal Alliance were ahead in the polls before the Falklands

Hey Innocent, tell me why the "war" against Argentina was over sod all?

You don't half talk some bollocks and that one tops the cake. I suppose you would have been one of those who would just let others walk all over us. Let Spain have Gibraltar, France the Channel Islands. But then again I suppose you think The Falklands is too far away to bother with, let alone a gateway to the extreme southern parts.
I will let you tell the parents of a friend of mine who got killed there that it was a sod all war! and that he died for nothing.

I suggest you keep your nose in one of your fancy academic books and keep well away from politics.

It was over sod all because Thatcher had decided a year earlier to stop naval patrols around the Falklands, to save money. And what happened? The inevitable. And good kids lost their lives to save pennies on patrol boats.

The Thatcher government was cynical and vile.

Of course, as the same thing could happen again, but without Galtieri is slightly less likely. Look, mate, get your head on straight. I told you the problem. I told you why I said it was a war for sod all. I was very clear. I have no time for any politician, but I have less time for the Tories. And Labour just walked in the rut they made. And that makes them useless.

Don't ever try to get the better of me on politics. Been there. Done that. All my damned life.

James Purnell has resigned, the DWP minister

game over Brown...get Alan in

Oh that's not the end. It's the beginning. Some are just using this as a get rid of Gordon exercise. And all strength to their elbows. Gordon has no people skills, at all. But politics is a game, and some will play it viciously. As indeed, they're entitled to. Just as long as we don't get BNP and UKIP squirming though the holes in the dry rot. But we will. People voted for Kilroy..........

I've long held the opinion that throughout history, there has only been one person enter the Houses Of Parliament with the right idea ...

Guy Fawkes

I've long held the opinion that throughout history, there has only been one person enter the Houses Of Parliament with the right idea ...

Guy Fawkes

How right you are! But it's not the action, but the imperative that's important.

Why did he try to put a bomb up their arses? And that's where you come up against the kind of arguments placed by Muslim fundamentalists etc. What is democracy? How is it enacted? How do we the people challenge it?

Guido Fawkes had an agenda which was right at the time - why should Shakespeare, for instance, the greatest literary creative genius of all time, have been denied a University education because he was a Roman Catholic? This is an important question. Guido was RC. He had a point.

The way he chose to demonstrate his point, however, was as crude and murderous as those who destroyed so many lives in the Tube bombings.

We can all protest. We do this best if we are part of a team, an organisation, a well-spring.

But, prima non nocere - the first issue is DON'T HURT.

That's my mantra. But it goes further - how can we help? Can we make things better?

I dunno. Politics is not the answer to any of our problems. Is it?

Last edited:
Of course, as the same thing could happen again, but without Galtieri is slightly less likely. Look, mate, get your head on straight. I told you the problem. I told you why I said it was a war for sod all. I was very clear. I have no time for any politician, but I have less time for the Tories. And Labour just walked in the rut they made. And that makes them useless.

Don't ever try to get the better of me on politics. Been there. Done that. All my damned life.

I am not doing that, I am just pointing out the vile bullshit you are spouting out. You for one certainly don't know my political views, so don't start trying to look big on that one.
You really are a big headed bitch most of the time, and a boastful one at that. Maybe that's why you didn't quite make it to mainstream TV. I suggest you keep your political views to yourself on certain subjects.

And good kids lost their lives

Look, mate, get your head on straight. I told you the problem.

Been there. Done that. All my damned life.

oh god, please stop talking like an arse. you sound like a 65 year old trying to speak like you think it'll be cool.............you're very wrong.

oh god, please stop talking like an arse. you sound like a 65 year old trying to speak like you think it'll be cool.............you're very wrong.
:038::038::038::038:

Well put MK....

Having met this pathetic little incompetent weed on a number of occasions, I can happily say it's big bonus for dear old Gord' to have him out of the way altogether

Onwards and upwards........

Last edited:
Back to Gordon Brown.......he'll be out of office this time next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669