Gordon Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's happened I've lost any respect I had for the Lib Dems.They fought a lot of their seats saying a vote for them was the only way to keep the tories out.

There was a chap on 5Five yesterday who mentioned that they sent thousands of letters out to folks in his area to keep the Tories. Signed off Nick Clegg.....:icon_roll

Glad the wankers gone. If people wanted a Labour govt they should have voted Labour.

The Libs would have lost all credibility if they had used their reduced number of seats to keep out the biggest party.

The Libs would have lost all credibility if they had used their reduced number of seats to keep out the biggest party.

They will lose all credibility by doing a deal with a party they have very little in common with.

It would be interesting to see a poll to see which people would prefer, a ConDem coalition, or a LabDem coalition. I'm sure a majority of Lib Dem voters would have preferred them to work with labour than the tories. They may think in the short term it's a way to get some power, but it could lose them a lot of votes in the next election.

They will lose all credibility by doing a deal with a party they have very little in common with.

It would be interesting to see a poll to see which people would prefer, a ConDem coalition, or a LabDem coalition. I'm sure a majority of Lib Dem voters would have preferred them to work with labour than the tories. They may think in the short term it's a way to get some power, but it could lose them a lot of votes in the next election.

but they needed more than just the Lib Dems didn't they? They needed the smaller parties too who in turn would have their demands as well. Would never have worked out. Well at least labour are no where near power now, and about time too.

but they needed more than just the Lib Dems didn't they? They needed the smaller parties too who in turn would have their demands as well. Would never have worked out. Well at least labour are no where near power now, and about time too.

I think it will be interesting to see what concessions have been made to ensure the lib dem support

I think it will be interesting to see what concessions have been made to ensure the lib dem support

well for a start Clegg will get Deputy Prime Minister and the money that goes with it. It also gets him and his mates off the back benches of opposition. This might be his 15 minutes of fame.

No, but I don't think the ConDem pact will work out either, they disagree on too many things.

Oh the Lib Dems will agree with the Conservatives, otherwise they are out on their arses. This will be their only chance of office for a long long time.

If they claim to believe in proportionality they have to support the party with the most seats/votes. Otherwise under PR the Lab/Libs would be in power for ever.

If they claim to believe in proportionality they have to support the party with the most seats/votes.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely NOT what PR is about, and is why what the Lib Dems are doing is wrong.

If there needs to be a smaller party that holds the balance of power, they should join forces with the party they most agree with, that's more democratic than joining up with a party most of your supporters would have had as their third choice.

The majority of votes went to left/centre left parties, so if that's what the people want, that's what they should be given.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely NOT what PR is about, and is why what the Lib Dems are doing is wrong.

If there needs to be a smaller party that holds the balance of power, they should join forces with the party they most agree with, that's more democratic than joining up with a party most of your supporters would have had as their third choice.

The majority of votes went to left/centre left parties, so if that's what the people want, that's what they should be given.

Most people want hanging back, but it will never happen will it.

The Lib Dems have alienated their own support and got rid of Gordon Brown and Labour in one fell swoop. Smashing.

The Lib Dems have alienated their own support and got rid of Gordon Brown and Labour in one fell swoop. Smashing.

This was just what we were talking about earlier. Cameron is on a win win situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00