Gradel signs further extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1365414,00.html

Winger Max Gradel has today extended his Leicester City contract by a further year.

The 20-year-old, who initially signed a new three-year deal towards the end of last term, will now remain at the Walkers Stadium until 2012.

Ivory Coast born-Gradel spent last season on loan at Bournemouth, totting up 34 starts and scoring 10 goals.

He has since returned to the Foxes and has already made an impression on the new management team.

Gradel has started both of City's first two games against MK Dons and Stockport County.

Manager Nigel Pearson said: "Max is a promising young player who has done very well for us since I arrived at the club.

"We are not getting carried away because he is a young boy and it is our job to keep his feet on the ground but at the same time we must give him the confidence and assurance that if he keeps doing well then he will play."

The guy looked good in the game on sat and it sounded like he did ok in the league cup....but is that the basis of extending the contract for a further year. It just seems a little silly that you renegotiate (i.e pay him more) for the next 3 years and then have the risk of the 4th year. He may well become excellent, but 2 games this season is a jump to conclusions.

In 4 years (if Milan is to be believed) we could be in the prem (hmmmm) will we want to pay a L1 player as a bench warmer.

Pessamist I know, just can not understand the rationale

well i think Max agreed on the basic that a another team might come for him before the transfer window, also he is the kind of player that will improve as we go a long in the seasons he will get better and better

The guy looked good in the game on sat and it sounded like he did ok in the league cup....but is that the basis of extending the contract for a further year. It just seems a little silly that you renegotiate (i.e pay him more) for the next 3 years and then have the risk of the 4th year. He may well become excellent, but 2 games this season is a jump to conclusions.

In 4 years (if Milan is to be believed) we could be in the prem (hmmmm) will we want to pay a L1 player as a bench warmer.

Pessamist I know, just can not understand the rationale

There may have been a clause in his previous contract, either that entitled him to renegotiation after gaining a place in the first-team or that made it now imperative that we renegotiated for other reasons.

Well done NP and MM. Shows any vulchers looking for a last minute transfer that we dont need to sell players.

fair enough, I would have thought that should have been ironed out when he signed the 3 only a couple of months ago.

That's why i am not involved with football, I know nothing.

Does a contract mean anything at all, just look at the whole Ronaldo-madrid fiasco.

If someone wants him (or anyone else for that matter) I dout MM or NP will have anything to say about it

Ronaldo is still a Man Utd player, so I would argue 'yes' a contract does mean something.

This sends a good message to young players at the club too IMO. Perform well, and get your rewards.

From what I have seen of him, he looks an extremely promising player. But like NP said, he is a young boy....All about the nurture now.

Does a contract mean anything at all, just look at the whole Ronaldo-madrid fiasco.

If someone wants him (or anyone else for that matter) I dout MM or NP will have anything to say about it

Maybe not - but with a four-year improved contract signed, he will cost another club more than if we only had him on a three-year contract.

For similar reasons, academy graduates are offered a one-year contract even though it seems unlikely that we will play them. It just ensures that we will be entitled to a fee.

Lovely stuff

I believe we would have given him three extra years had he been able to actually cross the ball........

Lovely stuff

I believe we would have given him three extra years had he been able to actually cross the ball........

Both things are impossible - Gradel can't put a decent cross in (yet?) - and the club can't give him an extra 3 years; the max, even for Max, is a 5-year contract.

Ummm, can we just focus on the positives please for 5 minutes? The lad's only just started FFS. I saw him put a lovely cross in a Palace too...

City fans seem to always need to criticise. He's good, fact.

How are his family matters now?

Was it him that had to leave Bournmouth for a while to go home and look after his younger brother in France?

How are his family matters now?

Was it him that had to leave Bournmouth for a while to go home and look after his younger brother in France?

I think his aunt is now bringing up his younger sister and brother.

Optimistic as ever HF!

But then again I thought similar!

Lets not kid ourselves here,Contracts mean absolutely feck all in Football nowadays and if he wants to go to another Club he will go.Didn't McCauley sign a new contract in the Spring?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670