Speculation Grant Holt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season was a fluke! He was in the form of his life and was getting service from Hoolahan who IMO was one of the best players in the leaugue.
If we sign him I hope he proves me wrong but at the minute I will stick with my opinion that I think he is shit!

Last season was a fluke! He was in the form of his life and was getting service from Hoolahan who IMO was one of the best players in the leaugue.
If we sign him I hope he proves me wrong but at the minute I will stick with my opinion that I think he is shit!

So he does near enough what Fryatt did for us (until his injury of course), score a load in League One and scored 20+ in the Championship (which I think Fryatt would've easily done) and you think it's a fluke? I'm not a Fryatt fan at all, but at the end of the day, he knew where the net was. Hoolahan is a fantastic player, but I don't think you can say that due to him and him alone was the reason for Grant Holt scoring so many goals.

I think Grant Holt is a fantastic player, any one that can score 20+ goals in the Championship has to be half decent and I can't see why any one wouldn't want him here if he was available on the cheap like apparently he is..

1. I don't get what you are bringing Fryatt Up for.

2.Perhaps Just mentioning Hoolahan was wrong of me but he was a major part in a very good norwich side.IMO any striker would have done well.

3.Perhaps I'm just grumpy but I have never liked nor rated him.

4.You think Steve Howard is a god!!!

EDIT. Thios is a reply to post #26.

Last edited:
1. I don't get what you are bringing Fryatt Up for.

2.Perhaps Just mentioning Hoolahan was wrong of me but he was a major part in a very good norwich side.IMO any striker would have done well.

3.Perhaps I'm just grumpy but I have never liked nor rated him.

4.You think Steve Howard is a god!!!

EDIT. Thios is a reply to post #26.

1. Because they have done similar things and neither were wanted by their club the following season(Fryatt wasn't wanted here and apparently the same with Holt at Norwich).

2. I disagree, you could have Xavi/Xabi Alonso/Iniesta (whichever midfielder you class to be the best at creating chances for strikers) but if you've got someone like Ade Akinbiyi up front, you're not gonna score..

3. Maybe..

4. True, but that's due to the fact most people hate him, absolutely loved Matty Fryatt and didn't give Howard any credit for Fryatt's scoring record. Also it's due to the banter it causes with my mates.

1. Because they have done similar things and neither were wanted by their club the following season(Fryatt wasn't wanted here and apparently the same with Holt at Norwich).

2. I disagree, you could have Xavi/Xabi Alonso/Iniesta (whichever midfielder you class to be the best at creating chances for strikers) but if you've got someone like Ade Akinbiyi up front, you're not gonna score..

3. Maybe..

4. True, but that's due to the fact most people hate him, absolutely loved Matty Fryatt and didn't give Howard any credit for Fryatt's scoring record. Also it's due to the banter it causes with my mates.

1.Fryatt proved he was a league one striker,Didn't play,Got the hump,Moved on

2.All the teams that went up last year had average strikers but very very good creative midfielders.

3.Meh

4.I was joking.

Howard is wank but LCFC'sGodWears9 is talking sense here!

Wasn't Holt 2nd top scorer in the league last year?

Last edited:
1.Fryatt proved he was a league one striker,Didn't play,Got the hump,Moved on

2.All the teams that went up last year had average strikers but very very good creative midfielders.

3.Meh

4.I was joking.

You seem to have a very strong opinion..

1. I only mentioned Fryatt as his record was similar to Grant Holt's, he started to prove himself in the Championship & IMO did prove himself in the Championship and was shipped out. Holt has proved himself in the Championship and is now going to get shipped out apparently.

2. I'd agree with that to an extent, you still need a decent striker to stick the ball in the net, no matter how good the midfield.

M17TT C doesn't talk much sense, so don't get carried away :icon_bigg
handbag2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673