Ground expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

artic fox

Folks,
What are the chances of the Team thinking about Ground expansion ? With the big pay day coming from Sky next year can you see a possible move towards making the Stadium bigger ? like to hear your views on this ....

Being a sporadic visitor to Leicester these days I would certainly welcome it.

Should the unthinkable occur and we get relegated to the championship in the next few years, we’d look pretty daft playing in a stadium half full.

Bring back safe standing room. ……. There you go someone had to say it.

Make the kop a double decker with safe standing on the bottom - all charged at sensible prices.

With the investment we've seen in all the other facilities, the Stadium is probably on the owners 'to-do' list. I think they still hold planning permission for making the east stand a double decker - but we need to be careful. If we expand, we'll probably be at around the 40,000 mark. Clubs like Villa have consistently struggled to get those kinds of attendances, so there's a serious question about our ability to given that we're pulling on a smaller catchment area/population size.

If you want to see a good example of it going horribly wrong, head over to Cardiff where they built a second tier on the main stand which I think I'm right in saying has never been used.

With the investment we've seen in all the other facilities, the Stadium is probably on the owners 'to-do' list. I think they still hold planning permission for making the east stand a double decker - but we need to be careful. If we expand, we'll probably be at around the 40,000 mark. Clubs like Villa have consistently struggled to get those kinds of attendances, so there's a serious question about our ability to given that we're pulling on a smaller catchment area/population size.

If you want to see a good example of it going horribly wrong, head over to Cardiff where they built a second tier on the main stand which I think I'm right in saying has never been used.

Also, talk to any Wolves fans (the ones that can talk) and they'll tell you that expanding their stadium was a fatal mistake which was one of the major factors leading them to League 1. They were in the premiership, getting good attendances, but spent on the ground rather than the squad and went down. Hopefully our owners pockets are deep enough that we wouldn't have to worry about it being one or the other.

Make the kop a double decker with safe standing on the bottom - all charged at sensible prices.

Given that the Government is so against this, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I didn't think the government were the ones against it?

Either way it's an utterly absurd rule.

The more plastics we can get in, the better

It's not just the plastics. It seems to me that many of them already have season tickets and it's the City faithful who can only attend occasional matches who are having trouble getting tickets.

Make the kop a double decker

If I remember correctly the stadium was designed with expansion in mind BUT the East Stand has to be done first.

It's not just the plastics. It seems to me that many of them already have season tickets and it's the City faithful who can only attend occasional matches who are having trouble getting tickets.

Part time Petes and fans of armchairs then?

It needs to be safe I remember the old kop with the trees, Arsenal , Man U, Chelsea, and the cops, Harry Roberts was everybodies friend. What a recipe for disaster and pretty frightening at times, but on the whole,with no away fans, more enjoyable than sitting. Standing seems to work in other countries. Needs careful consideration. We can accommodate more fans and should expand the ground in to perhaps 40,000. Ok wouldnt be full every game, but neither was Filbert Street.

Part time Petes and fans of armchairs then?

I was thinking more of people who live at the other end of the country and who can no longer make the journey every week.

I was thinking more of people who live at the other end of the country and who can no longer make the journey every week.

I'm with you Boc, although not as far in my case, getting a ticket this season has been so difficult, when they have sold out before getting anywhere near to General Sale a lot of times.
I'll be there tomorrow night though to cheer the boys on.

Why not buy a Gold or silver membership? It's only 40 or so and tickets have been available for every home game at that level ????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not buy a gold and silver membership? It's only 40 or so and tickets have been available for every home game at that level ????

I considered getting a membership at the start of the season. But I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get to any games. If you're only able to go to one or two home games a season it's a lot to pay just for the chance to buy a couple of tickets.

I expect the only games I'll be able to get to this season will be the away games at Sunderland and Newcastle. I've never had a problem buying tickets for those games in the home areas.

I expect the only games I'll be able to get to this season will be the away games at Sunderland and Newcastle. I've never had a problem buying tickets for those games in the home areas.

There was a lovely shot during the Spurs game as the camera panned to the crowd behind the goal after we scored. A bunch of really pissed off supporters and one bloke sitting with a huge grin on his face - I love playing 'Spot the City fan'. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566