Groundshare (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:
What exactly is Primacy of tenure? :-?

In this case it's who gets first dibs at date and time of home fixtures... Both the Football League and Premier Rugby want to be first.

Thanks (and Durham), but I remember hearing or reading that the Rugby fixtures would be sorted and then before 'going public' the football fixtures would be produced and any clashes sorted out before releasing the list??

Why don't we make the ground a two tiered spectacle. We could play on the lower pitch and the egg chasers could play on the top pitch (nicknamed 'the roof')

Then it wouldn't matter about clashes.

Naughty Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

In this case it's who gets first dibs at date and time of home fixtures... Both the Football League and Premier Rugby want to be first.

Thanks (and Durham), but I remember hearing or reading that the Rugby fixtures would be sorted and then before 'going public' the football fixtures would be produced and any clashes sorted out before releasing the list??

In the past they've asked for the fixtures not to clash, and they've never managed it.
And doing that won't help for cup matches.

webmaster said:
Naughty Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

In the past they've asked for the fixtures not to clash, and they've never managed it.

Webbo, after going to Reading twice and Wigan, are you for or against the groundshare proposals? I want a FOR or AGAINST answer, one word only!

Webbo, For or against?

Joe_Fox said:
webmaster said:
Naughty Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

Webbo, after going to Reading twice and Wigan, are you for or against the groundshare proposals? I want a FOR or AGAINST answer, one word only!

You're not getting a one word answer.

I originally had my reservations about the quality of the pitch, but Reading have proved that you can have a good pitch even if you have egg chasers jumping on top of each other on it every other week.
But I did notice on our second visit to Reading this season that their rugby posts go in holes that are a couple of feet onto the football pitch, and they're just in front of the goal, and potentially they can give an unpredicatable bounce. So I wouldn't want that to happen at our place.
But if they can sort the pitch out properly, I'm for the idea, because it should mean we end up having a better team, and I couldn't give a toss what happens in the ground when we're not playing there.

webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:
webmaster said:
Naughty Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

FOR

Cheers webbo.

Naughty Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

That's correct, the problem is when dates are then changed to suit the TV companies - if Sky want a City game & the BBC want a Tigers game on the same day - then we have a real problem - this is the issue.

Other clubs are different in terms of one club being the ground owner & the other renting the ground.

The 'controlling interest' is a lazy journo - we currently have 'no' interest in an owenership sense as Teachers own it - if it goes ahead the ownership is via a new company (venue co) and venue co will be owned 50/50 by City & Tigers

Foxes_Trust said:
Naughty Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

That's correct, the problem is when dates are then changed to suit the TV companies - if Sky want a City game & the BBC want a Tigers game on the same day - then we have a real problem - this is the issue.

Other clubs are different in terms of one club being the ground owner & the other renting the ground.

The 'controlling interest' is a lazy journo - we currently have 'no' interest in an owenership sense as Teachers own it - if it goes ahead the ownership is via a new company (venue co) and venue co will be owned 50/50 by City & Tigers

This maybe a simplistic answer, but isn't that the problem of tv companies rather than City/Tigers and Venue Co? If they were paying for it then great :roll:

Forgot to say that that would'nt happen, as the police will not allow City and Tigers games at the same time now anyway. Unless T.V companies over rule the police :wink:

webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:
webmaster said:
Naughty Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

You're not getting a one word answer.

I originally had my reservations about the quality of the pitch, but Reading have proved that you can have a good pitch even if you have egg chasers jumping on top of each other on it every other week.
But I did notice on our second visit to Reading this season that their rugby posts go in holes that are a couple of feet onto the football pitch, and they're just in front of the goal, and potentially they can give an unpredicatable bounce. So I wouldn't want that to happen at our place.
But if they can sort the pitch out properly, I'm for the idea, because it should mean we end up having a better team, and I couldn't give a toss what happens in the ground when we're not playing there.

Think thats why Ferdinand Missed from about 2 yards out :grin: :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670