Guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocent

Banned
What exactly makes a book 'best selling these days?
Most football fans won't have heard of your book, and writing a historical record of a women's football team doesn't mean you know how to spot a good player. End of :icon_roll

OOOhhhh, Jeff! Don't put Fernet Branca in your Diet Coke, or you'll start sounding more bitchy than a drag queen who's mislaid his Strawberry Kisses lippy......:)

Re: Hume, thread the second

OOOhhhh, Jeff! Don't put Fernet Branca in your Diet Coke, or you'll start sounding more bitchy than a drag queen who's mislaid his Strawberry Kisses lippy......:)
I'm sorry if I stooped down to your level in response to your drunken posts last night.

Would you like to respond to my question and show us some examples of the alleged 'filth' Hume gets from people here?

Or are you unable to respond to arguments in a logical manner, without getting over emotional?

How is it any different to what you said to me earlier?

If you can't take part in a thread without resorting to abusing people you should expect to get it back.

Yes, actually, Jeff, it is a libel.

Now, as I said, I don't often get angry, but in this case I am.

I can deal with laughter, joshing, fun, but not the accusation that I am drunk.

THAT is libel.

I've been a journo for 30 years.

I know the limits.

You just exceeded them.

Yes, actually, Jeff, it is a libel.

Now, as I said, I don't often get angry, but in this case I am.

I can deal with laughter, joshing, fun, but not the accusation that I am drunk.

THAT is libel.

I've been a journo for 30 years.

I know the limits.

You just exceeded them.

In this post here: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?p=669262#post669262 you responded to something after I'd suggested you were pissed last night. You didn't deny it, you seemed to be taking it in the light hearted way it was intended. I only posted in here after your reply, I certainly wasn't intending to be offensive, and I wouldn't have said it if you hadn't reacted the way you did in the other thread.

I can only assume you can't back up some of the accusations you've made in this thread so you're trying to find a way to distract people from the way you went totally over the top last night.

You've been here long enough to know the type of banter that goes on here. If you're unable to take it I suggest you find a site that's less likely to make you mad.

In this post here: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?p=669262#post669262 you responded to something after I'd suggested you were pissed last night. You didn't deny it, you seemed to be taking it in the light hearted way it was intended. I only posted in here after your reply, I certainly wasn't intending to be offensive, and I wouldn't have said it if you hadn't reacted the way you did in the other thread.

I can only assume you can't back up some of the accusations you've made in this thread so you're trying to find a way to distract people from the way you went totally over the top last night.

You've been here long enough to know the type of banter that goes on here. If you're unable to take it I suggest you find a site that's less likely to make you mad.

Sorry, Jeff, but you have to learn to tread the careful path. You really can't be so accusative, without objective proof.

Now look - Macky and I get on just fine. We are good mates. Joe Fox is a longstanding mate of mine, BG is funny and OK. I love the posters on here. It's a fun site. There is more humour on here than I've seen for years, and I have every right to join in, with my two pennorth, however rubbish it may be.

But you just broke the law by getting up close and personal in a completely definitive way. You weren't joking. And you showed that you know who I am, in person, and that's the person you're accusing.

I don't mean this gently. You actually broke the law, because you stepped outside your frame of reference, and accused me of something that is actually actionable and libellous.

What's your problem?

Do you really want to make waves this big? Don't you have a clue?

It's not good and it's not clever.

Macky, JF, BG, Melton, Newts, mates, what's with this guy?

Can you get him to cool?

Innocent, if you have been a purveyor of this forum, then you should know exactly what Jeff's like! Actually, I am a fan of all of the work he has done/does to give us this place.

Sorry, Jeff, but you have to learn to tread the careful path. You really can't be so accusative, without objective proof.

Now look - Macky and I get on just fine. We are good mates. Joe Fox is a longstanding mate of mine, BG is funny and OK. I love the posters on here. It's a fun site. There is more humour on here than I've seen for years, and I have every right to join in, with my two pennorth, however rubbish it may be.

But you just broke the law by getting up close and personal in a completely definitive way. You weren't joking. And you showed that you know who I am, in person, and that's the person you're accusing.

I don't mean this gently. You actually broke the law, because you stepped outside your frame of reference, and accused me of something that is actually actionable and libellous.

What's your problem?

Can you get him to cool?

My advice is dont start somthing your not going to win

Not to mention its his site after all ,not saying jeff can not be wrong ,oh wait a min............................................... :icon_wink

Last edited:

Innocent, if you have been a purveyor of this forum, then you should know exactly what Jeff's like! Actually, I am a fan of all of the work he has done/does to give us this place.

Me, too. That's why he should be more careful when he wants to go off on one.

It's not a good thing to do.

:)

What's your problem?

Can you get him to cool?

I have been looking at some of your previous posts. You have made several libellous posts in the past. Did people get upset?
No they didn't, they took them to be within the spirit of the site. But as soon as someone tries to have a bit of banter with you you get upset and take it personally.
Imagine this place as your local pub. People will take the piss, call each other names etc, but they know it's all in jest.

What's your problem?

Can you get him to cool?

Are you pissed, or what?

Are you pissed, or what?

23-0469a.jpg

My advice is dont start somthing your not going to win

Newts, I've never, in my 30 years as a journo, ever lost a libel case.

Webmasters need to know that they are subject to certain rules of basic journalism.

On the other hand - Fernet Branca, so I've heard, can fuddle your mind... :) Especially if taken in conjunction with other non-alcoholic beverages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47