Gunman goes on shooting spree in Cumbria

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see one of the papers are saying that some comments about his sexual inadequacies started this bloodbath off and the guy himself made threats the day before!!!

But who knows why he started off. I see on the news they mentioned there was activity around the place where his ex-wife lived but as to whether this means she's dead or one of the badly injured its not known.

Yes. Must be hard for them to have someone close to you kill themselves, don't get me wrong I hope he rots in hell but the family surely don't deserve this.

You would feel for a family member after knowing he did this?

Why not feel for his family. Some of the stories are saying the first victim maybe a relative. Even so, what if it was your son, brother, father etc?
They have to live with knowing what someone they loved did, and had no way of knowing it would happen or be able to stop it

His first victim was his twin brother and another was his solicitor. Maybe this was a family argument that went too far. So all this blame falls on them in a weird kind of way. I know if any of my near family members were killed like this and it turned out the gunmans family had had an argument prior to the shootings I personally would look for some sort of justice.

You would feel for a family member after knowing he did this?

His first victim was his twin brother and another was his solicitor. Maybe this was a family argument that went too far. So all this blame falls on them in a weird kind of way. I know if any of my near family members were killed like this and it turned out the gunmans family had had an argument prior to the shootings I personally would look for some sort of justice.

So the moral of the story is punish those still living because you can't punish those who are dead?

To suggest his family are to blame because he fell out with them is crazy.

So the moral of the story is punish those still living because you can't punish those who are dead?

To suggest his family are to blame because he fell out with them is crazy.
I know what you mean DF, but I said in a weird kind of way.
In Earl Shilton a few years ago, a man called Carl Harris murdered and raped a crippled, partially blind OAP. He used to be a gardener for her at her bungalow near the ruined church. He was caught and locked up.
His father Len who lived a few doors away from The Plough also in ES, had the full force of the local anger thrown at him. He was beaten up badly 3 times, a bloke in his late 70's! The poor man died about 3 years later after he was hounded out of that ****ing town! Nothing to do with the murder but took all the hassle from it. This even after he had publically disowned his son.

I know what you mean DF, but I said in a weird kind of way.
In Earl Shilton a few years ago, a man called Carl Harris murdered and raped a crippled, partially blind OAP. He used to be a gardener for her at her bungalow near the ruined church. He was caught and locked up.
His father Len who lived a few doors away from The Plough also in ES, had the full force of the local anger thrown at him. He was beaten up badly 3 times, a bloke in his late 70's! The poor man died about 3 years later after he was hounded out of that ****ing town! Nothing to do with the murder but took all the hassle from it. This even after he had publically disowned his son.

Im confused :icon_conf

Your posts tone seems to deplore the actions of the people who hounded the father of Carl Harris but in the post before you said you too would look for justice against the family if similar happened to you.

Your posts tone seems to deplore the actions of the people who hounded the father of Carl Harris but in the post before you said you too would look for justice against the family if similar happened to you.

That's what I thought too...

Durham Fox said:

I think what BG's getting at is this: anyone who has ever lived in, been to or heard of Earl Shilton is a complete and utter arsehole.

Typical taxi-drivers, if they're not over-charging they're running amok with a firearm.

Durham Fox said:
with these contributions you are really spoiling us.
Would you rather I came out with a load of absolute bollocks, based on **** all nothing, about how people should react to situations about which we know almost nothing? Perhaps you'd prefer if I went with the conventional 'I hope he rots in Hell for all eternity with Beelzebub shoving sharp sticks up his dirtbox'? Should I just copy you and say something like 'I hope he died slowly and in pain', without knowing what he'd been through or why he did what he did or even to whom he did it? And before you say it, no, there's no excuse for murder. Not ever. But mentally ill and emotionally distressed people cannot be held to the same standards as others.

Would you rather I came out with a load of absolute bollocks, based on **** all nothing, about how people should react to situations about which we know almost nothing? Perhaps you'd prefer if I went with the conventional 'I hope he rots in Hell for all eternity with Beelzebub shoving sharp sticks up his dirtbox'? Should I just copy you and say something like 'I hope he died slowly and in pain', without knowing what he'd been through or why he did what he did or even to whom he did it? And before you say it, no, there's no excuse for murder. Not ever. But mentally ill and emotionally distressed people cannot be held to the same standards as others.

Oh come on BM, you could've repeated some unfounded speculation that you heard on the telly or read in the paper. You're not even trying.

Macky said:
Oh come on BM, you could've repeated some unfounded speculation that you heard on the telly or read in the paper. You're not even trying.
Or made something up, that would have been better. How about this:

I knew him personally. I've been in his taxi, painted his fence and went out with his daughter for several months. He was a lovely bloke, I never would have thought and so on.

I knew him personally. I've been in his taxi, painted his fence and went out with his daughter for several months. He was a lovely bloke, I never would have thought and so on.

you've missed the bit about sitting outside on your front step having a cup of tea together

Whoa there - he's not a journalist, you know

Shit, you must be gutted mate, sorry for your loss.
Was he a good driver?

I'm not one to cause undue upsets, but both his kids were sons.....

I was quoting BG and trying to understand his perspective. It didn't involve you so I really can't see the necessity to get involved if you feel so strongly about not doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46