Half term report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Half term in the championship football season

17TH.......Leicester...W7....D7....L9......pts28

8pts from relegation and 9pts from the play-offs.

Imo we are about 5pts and 4-5 places below where i'd hope we would be at this stage of the season.
Whats your opinions ? Where do you think we will finish ?
o.gif
o.gif

hard to gauge what influence MM might have this season, but at the start of the season i expected between 10th - 15th. i think we 'Should' just about achieve that. but i hope MM can move us on a bit.

Without winning games we definitely won't be.
We definitely deserve to be where we are.

I know, we deserve to be lowere han where we are on performances. What I meant though, was that on paper we have a squad hat should be in the top half of the table.

I know, we deserve to be lowere han where we are on performances. What I meant though, was that on paper we have a squad hat should be in the top half of the table.

A squad which has had a torrid time with injuries! i'd say we've missed some of our best players for the majority of the season, especially williams and weso!

We are crap and we are exactly where we deserve to be. We have good players that consistently underperform, these guys don't deserve to be rewarded with an artificially high league position, neither does the manager

We are crap and we are exactly where we deserve to be. We have good players that consistently underperform, these guys don't deserve to be rewarded with an artificially high league position, neither does the manager

Exactly :icon_wink

My assessment of the current situation is more or less the same as yours, Brauny.

As to where they will end up, there are too many unknowns at the moment, but probably not much different from where they are now. Two little gaps now seem to be appearing - one just above the bottom 4 and another below Cov. If that continues over the next few games, then I expect them to stay confined within the group of 6 or 7 places they are in now.

At the start of the season - given the squad and a somewhat inadequate manager - I thought around mid point.

The reality is that we have underperformed and the back to back wins have only eased us out of immediate relegation zone pressure. In my opinion they should not be taken as a sign of long term improvement.

Without MM - I would have thought we would finish roughly where we are now.

With MM - and a new manager - I think we could hope to push into the mid table spots.

Incidentally, I can't see a lot of merit in big spending in January even if MM takes over. I think a new manager should have time to take stock of the situation and carry out what re-building he thinks necessary in the summer in preparation for a promotion challenge next season.

At the start of the season - given the squad and a somewhat inadequate manager - I thought around mid point.

The reality is that we have underperformed and the back to back wins have only eased us out of immediate relegation zone pressure. In my opinion they should not be taken as a sign of long term improvement.

Without MM - I would have thought we would finish roughly where we are now.

With MM - and a new manager - I think we could hope to push into the mid table spots.

Incidentally, I can't see a lot of merit in big spending in January even if MM takes over. I think a new manager should have time to take stock of the situation and carry out what re-building he thinks necessary in the summer in preparation for a promotion challenge next season.

I expected to be on the fringe of the play-offs - so about 5 or 6 points better off than we are.

Not sure where we will end up, due to our inconsistency and the uncertainty of the takeover and what happens next

I just think at least half of our players just aren't good enough,simple as that

I just think at least half of our players just aren't good enough,simple as that

Agreed, the defence are good enough for this level, the midfield and attack aren't - simple as that really.

Wrong type of player an personnel brought in pre season mean we are in the shit and not likely to be able to do anything about it this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566