Hamill has gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta feel a tad sorry for him. The club have obviosuly been holding out to try and help him find a new club before the season starts, but unfortunately nobody wants him

Oh well, another one of the pay roll.

Good luck Joe

I assume it was cheaper for us to pay him off than keep paying him for another year or however long he had left..

I guess you do have to feel for the lad but.. he was crap =/

Melton Fox said:
You gotta feel a tad sorry for him. The club have obviosuly been holding out to try and help him find a new club before the season starts, but unfortunately nobody wants him

Oh well, another one of the pay roll.

Good luck Joe

He was way out of his depth at this level though. Best of luck to him. Just Deep Freeze and Nono Sylla to go now!:icon_bigg

TornadoShaunUK said:
I assume it was cheaper for us to pay him off than keep paying him for another year or however long he had left..

I guess you do have to feel for the lad but.. he was crap =/

Well as his conrtract was cancelled shouldn't cost us anything! Which is even better!

Jedi said:
Well as his conrtract was cancelled shouldn't cost us anything! Which is even better!

well I personally think he was the worst of the bad three and I think the other two could yet serve some purpose for us...

TornadoShaunUK said:
I think the other two could yet serve some purpose for us...

I think we are ok for ball boys, need some staff to serve beer and burgers though!

western road said:
You jest......................of course

No.. I think Momo in particular would be fantastic if he wasn't such a bone idol ****..

De Vries I don't know about, there are atleast 4 ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment and I can't see that changing so..

Jedi said:

Unlikely, Hammill isn't going to give up a season or two's wage packets for nowt!

TornadoShaunUK said:
No.. I think Momo in particular would be fantastic if he wasn't such a bone idol ****..

De Vries I don't know about, there are atleast 4 ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment and I can't see that changing so..

I agree with you there on both counts.

glyn said:
Unlikely, Hammill isn't going to give up a season or two's wage packets for nowt!

Unless its his contract here stopping him playing somewhere else, 'mutual consent' usually implies that there was a simple parting of ways without any cost involved.

Good. Less wages to pay for a player who was always too lightweight for this league. Another CL misfit out of the door!

Whoever pulled off the coup of getting Hamill off his contract with 2 years to go is a genius esp. with one week to the season's start. Many other professional would have refused and stayed raking the dosho.

Lboro fox said:
Unless its his contract here stopping him playing somewhere else, 'mutual consent' usually implies that there was a simple parting of ways without any cost involved.

Absolutely, it's not the same as being given a free transfer. He was never going to get a game under RK so best to let him go.

Lboro fox said:

"By mutual consent" implies nothing of the sort. All it means is that both parties have agreed; it suggests nothing in regard to any payments having been (or not having been) paid. I am sure that there will have been some kind of pay-off - and that Hamill will turn up somewhere else in the next few days where he will be on a lesser wage. There is no way that you can expect that any player will simply tear up his contract and walk away when he can just sit still and still draw his money.

Hazzman said:
Whoever pulled off the coup of getting Hamill off his contract with 2 years to go is a genius esp. with one week to the season's start. Many other professional would have refused and stayed raking the dosho.

Fair play to him, he wants to play football! :038:

bocadillo said:
There is no way that you can expect that any player will simply tear up his contract and walk away when he can just sit still and still draw his money.

We have given up the right to any potential fee so it as it means his contract has been cancelled "by mutual consent". He is free to go where he likes. He wants to play football rather than sit on his arse and we are not standing in his way. A good move for both parties.

Jedi said:
We have given up the right to any potential fee so it as it means his contract has been cancelled "by mutual consent". He is free to go where he likes. He wants to play football rather than sit on his arse and we are not standing in his way. A good move for both parties.

Potential fee hahahaha... what like a bag of murry mints.

Hammill will have gone with a pay off no doubt about it. If he didn't then he ws held at frigging gun point!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669