Hamill has gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi said:
We have given up the right to any potential fee so it as it means his contract has been cancelled "by mutual consent". He is free to go where he likes. He wants to play football rather than sit on his arse and we are not standing in his way. A good move for both parties.

Have you deliberately missed my point? I was simply refuting Lboro fox's suggestion that there are no costs involved in cancelling a contract by mutual consent. The phrase simply means what it says - that both parties have agreed to the cancellation. It makes no reference to any payments being made, but I can assure you that in almost every case where a contract is cancelled in this fashion there is a payment made, usually by the club to the out-going player.

Jedi said:
Fair play to him, he wants to play football! :038:

Or we said here is one years wages, now **** off and get yourself a new club son.

bocadillo said:
Have you deliberately missed my point? I was simply refuting Lboro fox's suggestion that there are no costs involved in cancelling a contract by mutual consent. The phrase simply means what it says - that both parties have agreed to the cancellation. It makes no reference to any payments being made, but I can assure you that in almost every case where a contract is cancelled in this fashion there is a payment made, usually by the club to the out-going player.

I doubt very much money was involved as it gives the player chance to ressurect his career otherwise I'm sure we would have sold him. Obviously he didn't want to fight to get in the Manager's plans or disn't make much of an effort to impress.

Jedi said:
I doubt very much money was involved as it gives the player chance to ressurect his career otherwise I'm sure we would have sold him. Obviously he didn't want to fight to get in the Manager's plans or disn't make much of an effort to impress.

You have no idea how much money was involved. No player with any sense at all would settle for less than the difference between what City were paying him and what he is likely to be able to earn elsewhere. In my view, this is likely to have been a substantial amount.

There was never any chance of us being able to get a fee for Hamill, remaining contract or not, so I don't know why you keep mentioning it.

of course there was a settlement, i'd hazard a guess at 50% of contract value.
Whatever...

I wish the guy luck.

Jeff said:
Watch him go on and become a top class player now.

When Levein signed him he said he was one for the future, and wasn't expected to play much in his first season, so maybe Levein saw some potential that hasn't been realised yet. Or maybe he's just crap.

Jeff we normally see flashes of brilliance or we would hear decent performances in the reserves. We have not seen/heard/read of any of that.

Amazingly, RK actually sees certain players, Hamill included, in the same light as the fans. This is worrying - it's an unwritten rule of football that the manager has his favourites that the fans berate... RK is showing his naivety by showing common sense and actually rating players correctly - there has to be a target figure!

Jedi said:
Well as his conrtract was cancelled shouldn't cost us anything! Which is even better!

:icon_lol: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

It cost us. No player with a contract is going to walk for free! If you believe that you live in a world that I would like to visit!

Jari Rantanen's Shorts said:
Amazingly, RK actually sees certain players, Hamill included, in the same light as the fans. This is worrying - it's an unwritten rule of football that the manager has his favourites that the fans berate... RK is showing his naivety by showing common sense and actually rating players correctly - there has to be a target figure!

rating players correctly! like it! because the fans are always right!

Truth is we will be unlikely to know the cost of releasing Hamill, but as Boc says the likelihood is that wee Joe is more than likely to sign on for a new club within the next few days.

I would have thought that a deal was agreed with his new club and agent regarding personal terms and contract length, then he returns to City to negotiate a settlement figure that allows the club to terminate the contract.

Wonder if this deal could be repeated with MDV, will be interesting to see if this allows RK further room to manouvre in the transfer market.

I was referring to the terminology used in that when players are paid off, the norm is to say they were released on a free transfer at which point they get thier contract paid off. It seems odd that in this instance he has by mutual consent, to me this implies that city have not had to pay off the remainder of his contract in full. Though i am only assuming, i have no access to city's accounts!!

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Truth is we will be unlikely to know the cost of releasing Hamill, but as Boc says the likelihood is that wee Joe is more than likely to sign on for a new club within the next few days.

I would have thought that a deal was agreed with his new club and agent regarding personal terms and contract length, then he returns to City to negotiate a settlement figure that allows the club to terminate the contract.

Wonder if this deal could be repeated with MDV, will be interesting to see if this allows RK further room to manouvre in the transfer market.

good holiday a-z ;)

ive heard that MDV could be leaving us :icon_lol: ;) dont know where hes going

Lboro fox said:
I was referring to the terminology used in that when players are paid off, the norm is to say they were released on a free transfer at which point they get thier contract paid off. It seems odd that in this instance he has by mutual consent, to me this implies that city have not had to pay off the remainder of his contract in full. Though i am only assuming, i have no access to city's accounts!!

Exactly! If we had to make a 50% pay off his wages we would be better off keeping him. The fact is he wants to play football and we don't want him. Ok he might not get paid as much elsewhere but he will get football. If we did have to pay him anything it wouldn't be much.

So why did we do the same to Lee Morris when he still had only 3 months left on his contract?

Jedi said:
Exactly! If we had to make a 50% pay off his wages we would be better off keeping him.

Why?

If there's no chance of him ever playing, there's absolutely no point keeping him.

Not only will we have now saved some money, but we've also got rid of a player who is not likely to be a good influence on the training ground as he wouldn't be motivated if he knows he's not got a chance of playing.
Better for him and the club if he leaves now when a lot of clubs are looking for new players, so he has a chance of finding another club.

webmaster said:
Why?

If there's no chance of him ever playing, there's absolutely no point keeping him.

Not only will we have now saved some money, but we've also got rid of a player who is not likely to be a good influence on the training ground as he wouldn't be motivated if he knows he's not got a chance of playing.
Better for him and the club if he leaves now when a lot of clubs are looking for new players, so he has a chance of finding another club.

i agree with you there ,keep the team positive ;)

Jedi said:
So why did we do the same to Lee Morris when he still had only 3 months left on his contract?

because he was a waste of space, and effort. suffer a loss to get rid of some dead wood, if he was a horse he would have been shot long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669