Harry Worley Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1258622,00.html

Walkers Welcomes Worley
Posted on: Thu 06 Mar 2008
Leicester City have beaten off stiff competition from several other clubs to sign talented teenage defender Harry Worley from Premier League high-fliers Chelsea.

The 19-year-old centre-back has initially joined the Foxes on loan until the end of the season but will then put pen-to-paper on a three-year contract in the summer.

And manager Ian Holloway is delighted to have recruited Worley, who impressed during a week-long trial at the Walkers Stadium last month.

He said: "Harry is another young player to add to some of the wonderful ones we have already got here. We have paid a little bit of money for him. He chose not to stay at Chelsea even though they wanted him to sign a new deal. Preston were also in for him.

"He's 6'3" and is as quick as hell. We see him developing into a very decent centre half.

"It may seem to be a bit of a strange one considering where we are in the table, but we are looking at it long-term.

"If we get any injuries and we have had a couple of weeks of coaching him and working him then who knows. We might need him between now and the end of the season, but for now he is one to tuck in and leave underneath."

The Warrington-born defender signed for Chelsea from Stockport County in the summer of 2005 with a tribunal setting an initial fee of £150,000.

Worley turned professional in November 2005 and in his first season made the most appearances at youth level.

In March 2007 he joined Doncaster Rovers on loan, making his debut in a vital 1-0 win at Nottingham Forest before going on to make another nine appearances for Rovers.

Worley was an unused substitute in the 2007 Community Shield at Wembley and also enjoyed a month's long loan spell at Carlisle United in August.

Last edited:
...love the ...
"If we get any injuries and we have had a couple of weeks of coaching him and working him then who knows. We might need him between now and the end of the season, but for now he is one to tuck in and leave underneath."

bit, I'm sure he's looking forward to learning the LCFC way as compared to the Chelsea School of football... a nice signing, well done Ollie !!!

...love the ...

bit, I'm sure he's looking forward to learning the LCFC way as compared to the Chelsea School of football... a nice signing, well done Ollie !!!

Might get overlooked at chelsea as they have so many players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Key thing for me here is that Chelski wanted to keep him, points to the lad having a certain amount of potential.

My guess is one or two are going in the Summer,possibly Kisnorbo and Stearman

a great signing for us i think he will do really well in league one

My guess is one or two are going in the Summer,possibly Kisnorbo and Stearman

Depends which division we're in.

I can't be bothered getting excited about any of these signings any more, as the post above implies on Kaebi we've heard it all before. Etuhu and Worley might be good players but they'll turn out shite after one good performance and we'll all turn on them in 2 weeks.

When did supporting City get so depressing :icon_eek:

Worley and Kaebi cannot really be compared though can they.

Last edited:
I have a mate that supports Chelsea. He reckons he has no idea if this Harry Worley is any good. Get him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669