Harry Worley's gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Buzzer may have been asking why prof had put Henry instead of Harry.

I think Buzzer may have been asking why prof had put Henry instead of Harry.

But thats what Prof whooshed him for, Prof may have intended to put Henry to show that he cares so little about his departure that he can't even remember Harry Worley's name.

But thats what Prof whooshed him for, Prof may have intended to put Henry to show that he cares so little about his departure that he can't even remember Harry Worley's name.

I was aware of that Ted. But Buzz wasnt. Prof may also have been hiding the fact he got his name wrong. :icon_lol:

Actually, I was trying to be a pompous git. Although it has become it's own name in recent years Harry was originally just the slang shortening way of saying Henry, a bit like Ned for Edward, or Jimmy for James. Henry just sounded posher.

Obviously it was too subtle, sorry. :icon_redf

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up with me, I feel a lot better now...

Last edited:
Actually, I was trying to be a pompous git. Although it has become it's own name in recent years Harry was originally just the slang shortening way of saying Henry, a bit like Ned for Edward, or Jimmy for James. Henry just sounded posher.

So one name consisting of five letters is shortened to another name consisting of, er , five letters. My brain hurts..........

Isn't Ned short for Neil? My Uncle is called Neil and we call him Ned.

Isn't Ned short for Neil? My Uncle is called Neil and we call him Ned.

And Ive known of people called John who get called Jack, never understood that one.

And Ive known of people called John who get called Jack, never understood that one.

You should have googled it.

"John is a name with history stretching back far into Biblical times. However, during medieval times, the name John was altered slightly in the Germanic tongues to Jankin or Jackin. Out of that, we get the nickname Jack. "

I know two people called Howard. One goes by the name Oscar, the other Fred. I think, rather than being medieval alternatives, it's just because Howard is a crap name.

You should have googled it.

"John is a name with history stretching back far into Biblical times. However, during medieval times, the name John was altered slightly in the Germanic tongues to Jankin or Jackin. Out of that, we get the nickname Jack. "

Ah, but I have a life.:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670