CB: Morrisson
LB: Berner

RM: Adams
CM: King
CM:Oakley
LM: Dyer

CF: Fryatt
CF: Dickov/Dj

Foward i am going for either DJ or Dickov hopefully Howard is ruled out so then we can give one of these two a chance

3-1 Leicester

i think itll be a close game, im going to be positive and say 2-1 to us but wouldnt be surprised if its a draw

Without Howard we are nothing IMO, and I suspect Pearson knows that, so he plays instead of Dickov - and I suspect he won't drop Martin

Other than that, I reckon that will be the team we start with (injuries/illness permitting)

Can't see the point in playing two midgets upfront when you have two wingers but there you go

Last edited:
howard is our only target man (in more ways than 1) not just in an attacking sense but also defensively, id like another target player to be brought in

I think we may need to offload a Striker before bringing another one in.Hopefully it will be the waste of space that has been Cuddly Dudley Campbell

Last edited:
GK: Hendo

RB: Gilbert
CB: Tunchev
CB: Morrisson
LB: Berner

RM: Adams
CM: King
CM:Oakley
LM: Dyer

CF: Fryatt
CF: Dickov/Dj

Even if Dickov and/or DJ are fit, I can't see either of them displacing Howard.

Otherwise I'd go along with your choices.

I heard yesterday that Benitez would not loan Martin out if he was to be 'bench warming'.Doesn't mind him missing Cup matches.Probably a load of horseshit but thought I'd pass it on

I heard yesterday that Benitez would not loan Martin out if he was to be 'bench warming'.Doesn't mind him missing Cup matches.Probably a load of horseshit but thought I'd pass it on

Sounds about right, and to be fair has looked solid so far.

so benitez is telling managers who to play in their team??? he should keep his nose out - if its true of course

so benitez is telling managers who to play in their team??? he should keep his nose out - if its true of course

I believe it happens quite a lot.Managers won't loan players to sit on benches,they might as well play them in their own Reserves than in ours.I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same goes for Gilbert.Obviously if a player is under performing then he will have to be dropped.

Last edited:
A couple of flapped crosses at Orient and an all-round kicking game of a five-year old hardly puts my confidence in him. He did pull off two excellent saves though. I reckon he's no better than what we have. :icon_roll

And Henderson never flaps at crosses.I guess NP knows Henderson isn't good enough and Martin might improve with experience,he's only young

A couple of flapped crosses at Orient and an all-round kicking game of a five-year old hardly puts my confidence in him. He did pull off two excellent saves though. I reckon he's no better than what we have. :icon_roll

i agree with that and he was apparently awful on saturday, definately no better than henderson imo

You don't have to cross the ball in the air.

Mobile players that can get on the end of a low ball can be as effective as a big player trying to get his head to a cross.

Ok but most teams who play with Wingers have a target man

Ok but most teams who play with Wingers have a target man

To be fair, going by the Lincoln game, none of our wingers can cross at the minute so it don't matter either way.

With Martin's kicking I can only assume he has been told to kick it towards the touchline, otherwise he would take them from the other side and aim for the middle of the pitch.

I thinking dorpping Martin should be the best solution that way he can improve and win his way back into the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669