Hartlepool (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes true,this time though we are scoring goals and wining games :icon_cool :icon_wink

I don't think spion was suggesting that we'd get relegated again this year:icon_bigg

0,,10274%7E3684193,00.jpg

Head To Head

Posted on: Thu 25 Sep 2008

HEAD TO HEAD
The two clubs have only met once before in a competitive fixture. That was in round one of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at the start of the month.

PREVIOUS MEETING
The trophy clash at Victoria Park on September 2 ended in a 3-0 victory for the Foxes. All three goals came in the second half, courtesy of Steve Howard, Nicky Adams and Matty Fryatt. The attendance that evening was 2,807 of which a hardy 373 made the trip up from Leicester.

CURRENT FORM
Hartlepool sat in ninth place in League One last Saturday evening, with 10 points. Away from home on league business, they have registered one win and two defeats. However, a battling 3-3 draw with leaders Oldham last week reminds us that they are not a team to be taken lightly.

DEBUTS
That trophy fixture also marked the debut of Luke O'Neill at right back for the Foxes, and for Jonny Rowell, who appeared as a second half substitute for the Pools.

FOOT IN BOTH CAMPS
Two former Leicester players have occupied the Hartlepool managerial chair in the past, in two very different eras: Percy Humphreys and Mike Newell. Playing connections include Malcolm Clarke, Phil Gilchrist, Craig Hignett, Martin Hodge, Steve Howey, Fred Mearns, Carl Muggleton, Jason Peake, Kevin Poole, Jerry Roberts, Nick Sharkey, Mark Venus and Alan Waddle.

'The attendance that evening was 2,807 of which a hardy 373 made the trip up from Leicester'

well thats a load of bollocks, there was at least 2 from Hookergate in Gateshead and 4 from Newcastle for a start

I heard yesterday that Benitez would not loan Martin out if he was to be 'bench warming'.Doesn't mind him missing Cup matches.Probably a load of horseshit but thought I'd pass it on

I think this is quite likely. My guess is that Nigel Pearson under-rated Henderson and went for Martin as a first choice goalkeeper. Why would Liverpool have loaned him and why would he have agreed to come if it was not to get games under his belt. I am sure other clubs would have welcomed him. You may remember that Alnwick came to us on loan as first choice goalkeeper but messed up and Hendo came back. Of course Martin has not messed up and done nothing to deserve being dropped - but then neither had Hendo.

As long as we keep winning games, I'd stick with the likes of King, Oakley, Fryatt, Howard, et al. It ain't broke, why fix it?

Walker

Impey
Taggs
Elliot
Walsh
Guppy

Lennon
Izzet
Eadie

Heskey
Cottee

s.
Lewis
Laursen
Kalac
Wise
Benjamin

Walker

Impey
Taggs
Elliot
Walsh
Guppy

Lennon
Izzet
Eadie

Heskey
Cottee

s.
Lewis
Laursen
Kalac
Wise
Benjamin

I would swap Cottee for Collymore...those were the days :icon_cry:

Regardless of what team is finally selected, if we can't beat Hartlepool on our own muck heap then we might as well pack it all in right now

Regardless of what team is finally selected, if we can't beat Hartlepool on our own muck heap then we might as well pack it all in right now

Really,I don't think they are a bad side.Unfortunately the days when we should be beating these 'minnows' has gone IMO

We are just a small perch amongst the minnows now. Maybe there will be a day when we become more of a pike or barbel, maybe even a catfish, but until then, we can only be compared to a fat tench.

We are just a small perch amongst the minnows now. Maybe there will be a day when we become more of a pike or barbel, maybe even a catfish, but until then, we can only be compared to a fat tench.

Theres no need to carp on

We appear to have gotten results so far that often flatter our actual performance. With some of these weaker teams we really should have been 3-0 up at half-time. At Orient we scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes, but it could have been so easily the other way round. We should never be happy with a 1 goal lead. That happened very dramatically against MK Dons when we scored, took our foot off the gas and let them back into the game. If we were to start thrashing the weaker teams, then when we come up against stronger teams they may show us more respect and start defensively, giving us a chance to get an early break.

I would swap Cottee for Collymore...those were the days :icon_cry:

Collymore and Heskey up front, Leicester 5 - Sunderland 2, Collymore hat trick. That was almost the dawn of a new era, until Collymore broke his ankle and gradually made his way to a car park in Birmingham (allegedly!).

Last edited:
We are just a small perch amongst the minnows now.

Rubbish. We are the mighty crocodiles, hear us roar.....RARRRRGH.

We will crush the Hartlepool like a small helpless zebra drinking from our crocodile infested Walkers watering hole. RAAARGH. Chomp chomp, yum yum.

If we do not feast today then it will be soon. Soon my pretties we will perform our roll of death and tear our prey to pieces, perhaps 1 goal to nil. Then we can feast on our 3 points and hibernate through the dry season in cool moist tunnels far under the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669