Hat's off ticket office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sharapova

For the first time, I've subscribed to the away tickets standing order ( and you can leave games you can't do ), and tho' I'm a priority away fan, it saves so much time on my/their part - in the post today, one Luton away ticket. Our club gets a fair amount of criticsm, some of it justified, but I have to say the ticket office does try to look after the genuine fans.

:038: Good to hear some positivity

Now lets have a story to counter the argument :icon_wink

Real Sharapova said:
For the first time, I've subscribed to the away tickets standing order ( and you can leave games you can't do ), and tho' I'm a priority away fan, it saves so much time on my/their part - in the post today, one Luton away ticket. Our club gets a fair amount of criticsm, some of it justified, but I have to say the ticket office does try to look after the genuine fans.

I've heard nothing but praise for this system recently. There were soem initial difficulties, but these seem to have been sorted out. It is good to know that whilst some other clubs require fans to deposit money up-front and operate an all-or-none system, the City ticket-office only debits people's accounts on the day they send the tivket out and also allow you to pick and choose which away games you want them to send tickets for.

Very well done to them!!

bocadillo said:
I've heard nothing but praise for this system recently. There were soem initial difficulties, but these seem to have been sorted out. It is good to know that whilst some other clubs require fans to deposit money up-front and operate an all-or-none system, the City ticket-office only debits people's accounts on the day they send the tivket out and also allow you to pick and choose which away games you want them to send tickets for.

Very well done to them!!

i was told i would receive my standing order form at the same time as my season ticket which i didn't, never mind. how does the emailing work for one-off tickets? do you leave a number and they call back or what?

Last edited:
fitz said:
how does the emailing work for one-off tickets? do you leave a number and they call back or what?

I just send a mail to [email protected] with details of the tickets I want. I tell them my Customer Reference Number and ask them to debit the c/c, the number of which they have on record. Occasionally (and I mean very occasionally) they ring for some small item of confirmation.

It's never failed.

I had a query and sent them an e-mail. Heard back in next to no time. Good service!

NB for anyone interested there are plenty of tickets left for fridays fixture and they will continue to be in sale on the night.

drummindefender said:
did anyone else see the pun in the thread title :icon_wink

Something to do with Luton being the Hatters?

No, I didn't see it. It isn't a very good pun. is it?

I wonder if RS wrote it as a pun. He's usually a lot funnier than that!

Last edited:
I thought it was about the random apostruffeh

Melton Fox said:
I thought it was about the random apostruffeh

That would not be a pun. And it could be that RS was actually saying "[my] hat is off (for the ) ticket office" in which case the apostrophe is there for a reason.

I suppose we'll have to wait patiently for the answer.

bocadillo said:
Something to do with Luton being the Hatters?

No, I didn't see it. It isn't a very good pun. is it?

I wonder if RS wrote it as a pun. He's usually a lot funnier than that!
thats the one boc :)

bocadillo said:
That would not be a pun. And it could be that RS was actually saying "[my] hat is off (for the ) ticket office" in which case the apostrophe is there for a reason.

I suppose we'll have to wait patiently for the answer.
No it was not a pun, the apostrophe was accidental as I had just made my unsteady way home from my local.:icon_redf

bocadillo said:
And it could be that RS was actually saying "[my] hat is off (for the ) ticket office" in which case the apostrophe is there for a reason.
You are correct in your train of thought. But I read it to read the multiple of hat (singular) which would be hats (plural), as in, lets have a group appreciation for the ticket office

Melton Fox said:
You are correct in your train of thought. But I read it to read the multiple of hat (singular) which would be hats (plural), as in, lets have a group appreciation for the ticket office
Oh my God, what have I started!:eek:

Melton Fox said:
You are correct in your train of thought.

Your correct in you're train of thought?

Real Sharapova said:
Oh my God, what have I started!:eek:

It were drummin's fault really. The pedants all realised that you were inebriated at the time of writing, so gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Melton Fox said:
Your = Belonging to

You're = You are

Doesn't make sense

I know, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590