Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

Anyone ever been to one of the Haven parks? Any you would recommend/not recommend?

Would usually be my idea of hell but just trying to think of somewhere cheap and cheerful to take my young son on a short break where there is plenty to do for him.

I went to one in the North East a few years back as a base to use while touring the area.

It was fine, Cheap & Cheerful it is. Don't expect too much but it works well in that there's plenty for young families to do and the staff were professional and decent. I think that you know what it's like before you go - Not the best thing in the world but could be far worse.

I've been to a couple when the kids were small. You get what you'd expect, but my children enjoyed the entertainment and pools.

Was at Haggerston Castle with the kids about 10 years ago. Enjoyable.

I've been to a couple when the kids were small. You get what you'd expect, but my children enjoyed the entertainment and pools.

Do they still have Rory the Tiger?

We used to go to the Golden Sands one in Mablethorpe quite a bit when the kids were young. They really enjoyed it.

Anyone ever been to one of the Haven parks? Any you would recommend/not recommend?

Would usually be my idea of hell but just trying to think of somewhere cheap and cheerful to take my young son on a short break where there is plenty to do for him.

If you fancy Golden Sands at Mablethorpe I can supply a very decent caravan with all facilities as opposed to the basics which Haven supply in their caravans.

There are quite a few different Haven centres and they have quite a range of facilities, depending on which park you go to. It is probably worth having a look at their website to understand the differences. For example, the centres at Pwllheli and Ayr used to be Butlins centres, so they have Butlins style large swimming centres, whereas some of them are smaller, more laid back parks. I've been to a few of their parks, do you have a particular location in mind?

I would agree that it is probably worth paying the extra for a higher grade of caravan, for instance although there is heating in the main room in all grades, there is heating in the bedrooms only in the higher grades.

Haven is owned by Bourne Leisure these days, who have a good record of investing in their parks each year so they are generally very well kept.

No matter how cheap it is, never ever go to a Pontins centre. Never.

We run our events (or have done in the past) at many of these holiday centres so fire away if you've got any specific questions and if I know the answer I'll try to help.

I've been to two in Wales on midweek breaks.
Porthmadog which is picturesque and usually a bargain but not the easiest to get to. Plenty to do.
Kiln Park Tenby which is as good a caravan park as there is.
Haven are top of the list for caravan parks. Get heaving in the summer though.
Avoid Park caravan sites.

Thanks for the suggestions. Would prefer anywhere along the South Coast really. Looking at various websites and reviews Devon Cliffs seems to be the best rated one.

Thanks for the suggestions. Would prefer anywhere along the South Coast really. Looking at various websites and reviews Devon Cliffs seems to be the best rated one.

It's one of their top parks (in their eyes), so it has a lot of facilities. Had quite a lot of investment over the last few years and has it's own beach too. I've been there for meetings (not stayed there though I'm afraid so can't comment) and it feels like a nice park. We used to use it for events until it got too pricey but we always got good feedback from our customers who went there.

My daughter went to a Haven on the East coast last year and swore never ever to return. We went to Brixham last year on a Sun holiday and had a great time http://www.parkholidays.com/landscove-holiday-park-village-brixham-devon

I would guess that there will always be something that goes wrong, given the volume of people they are accommodating. That doesn't excuse it, but I'm not surprised. I will say though that, as per my earlier post, there is quite a difference among the centres and they will never sink as low as to Pontins centres.

Donniford bay in Somerset was fine, don't shop or eat main meals on site and as these re expensive, but otherwise w enjoyed a 4 day break utilising the pool a lot and the cringeworthy entertainment in the evening. Nice area to visit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566