Hayes Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop being so rational and reasonable.

How dare he find himself another club after leaving us? We should've forced him to stay at home all day watching Jeremy Kyle, instead of getting on with his relatively short playing career.

How very dare he?!?!?

That is not what i meant all i was saying was if leicester did pay him off then he signs for another club within 48hrs we have lost out nothing against the player at all!

That is not what i meant all i was saying was if leicester did pay him off then he signs for another club within 48hrs we have lost out nothing against the player at all!

But there's never been any suggestion that we'd paid him off, the contract was terminated by mutual consent.

But there's never been any suggestion that we'd paid him off, the contract was terminated by mutual consent.

Which as lako said usualy means the club offers the player a reduced amount of money instead of paying his contract up in full if the club knew about ict being interested why wasnt it just a free transfer?

I'm sure the club will have known exactly the situation with Inverness, and did whatever they had to do to facilitate the transfer. Whichever way you look at it, Hayes will not have had a big wage so the numbers wouldn't be that important in the grand scheme of things. More importantly, we get an unhappy player off the books, which is presumably good for the morale of the rest of the squad.

Which as lako said usualy means the club offers the player a reduced amount of money instead of paying his contract up in full if the club knew about ict being interested why wasnt it just a free transfer?

He had a year left on his contract. I suspect this is a case of the club telling the player to find a new club, at which point they'd cancel his present deal at no cost to either party. Saves the player being without a club for an extended period.

Which as lako said usualy means the club offers the player a reduced amount of money instead of paying his contract up in full

Oh, lako said that did he? Well, in that case it must be a nailed on fact.

I'll just lock this thread then shall I?

Oh, lako said that did he? Well, in that case it must be a nailed on fact.

I'll just lock this thread then shall I?

Not at all i was just saying what someone else had said! I just didnt understand why it wasnt a free transfer if thats wrong then i apologise.

Not at all i was just saying what someone else had said! I just didnt understand why it wasnt a free transfer if thats wrong then i apologise.

I'll accept your humble apology on this occasion, you obstreperous little scamp.
Say three Hail Marys and one Our Father as penance and I expect a contribution in the poor box for the black babies in Africa.

He had a year left on his contract. I suspect this is a case of the club telling the player to find a new club, at which point they'd cancel his present deal at no cost to either party. Saves the player being without a club for an extended period.

Not the way it happens. Despite this not being a transfer City, Inverness and the player's agent will all have been in close contact. The player will have been paid an amount, possibly in stages over the next year, which will compensate him for the money he has lost through agreeing to the termination of his contract. In other words, City will have paid him the amount remaining on his contract minus the amount he will receive from Inverness.

This is the way it happens - let's face it the player would have otherwise just sat the year out at Leicester.

I actually thought he was half decent at passing, and a decent long range shot in him. Shows what I know about football. I even saw score a couple while out on loan on the tv. Saying all that, I can't remember him putting in a decent tackle.

I actually thought he was half decent at passing, and a decent long range shot in him. Shows what I know about football. I even saw score a couple while out on loan on the tv. Saying all that, I can't remember him putting in a decent tackle.

I you talking about Hayes or King?

Thank you so much for speaking on my behalf.

You're very welcome. Seems pointless to ask the ins and outs of the running of the club when all that matters really is what they do on the pitch. I'm considerably less concerned about them giving Jonny Hayes a couple of grand over the period of a year than I am about them giving DJ nine grand a week.

You're very welcome. Seems pointless to ask the ins and outs of the running of the club when all that matters really is what they do on the pitch. I'm considerably less concerned about them giving Jonny Hayes a couple of grand over the period of a year than I am about them giving DJ nine grand a week.

Good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670