Hayles signing confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all the chases for all the other players we have signed going back to Junior Lewis and beyond. :icon_roll

Well we must be a desirable club to come to, after all we managed to beat off premiership clubs to sign Carl Cort:tumbleweed:

good first singing i reckon, proven at this level,a bit long in the tooth now but then again so is dean windass and it dont stop him banging em in each week.

Not a signing I can make a judgement on until he's had a good run in the team.

Certainly not exciting and it lacks originality. Hopefully Ollie has more in his locker than raiding his old clubs.

Seems pretty much a like-for-like kind of signing

Spot on.

And he shouldn't be judged just because he's 30/35+. If he's the right player he can do OK for us whatever his age, it's not asif our team is packed with pensioners. But every time we're linked with someone above the age of 28 there are countless posts about how they aren't exactly ones for the future.

Spot on.

And he shouldn't be judged just because he's 30/35+. If he's the right player he can do OK for us whatever his age, it's not asif our team is packed with pensioners. But every time we're linked with someone above the age of 28 there are countless posts about how they aren't exactly ones for the future.

You're quite right. We've got plenty of 'one's for the future'. Let's have some players for 'now'.

I can't get excited about this. 2 goals this season, 14 last season and 5 the season before that suggest a striker who is past his best. Maybe his experience can provide opportunities for others to score, he's played nearly all Plymouth's games this season and they've scored 35 or am I clutching at straws.

I'm concerned that Hayles will become the new target for the boo boys and end up shouldering the boos that might be better off aimed at other strikers.

I'm concerned that Hayles will become the new target for the boo boys and end up shouldering the boos that might be better off aimed at other strikers.

Glad to see you haven't lost your positive attitude going into 2008................

Not the big name signing that many had hoped for, but Ollie obviously sees something in Hayles that is missing from the current squad set up. Has a decent scoring record and his experience and influence may be invaluable to some of our younger strikers.

Perhaps Hayles can have a similar impact as that of Cottee or Marshall who were both ageing strikers who hardly set the pulses racing when they were signed.

Perhaps Hayles can have a similar impact as that of Cottee or Marshall who were both ageing strikers who hardly set the pulses racing when they were signed.

Not in their class nor in Brian Deane's either. I would love to be positive, it is in my nature, but with respect to City it is difficult in the face of unremitting mediocrity. :icon_sad:

Glad to see you haven't lost your positive attitude going into 2008................
Blimey, of all the negative posts in this thread you pick up on this one :102:

I thought I was keeping an open mind and a level head, guess I was wrong :icon_conf

As flattered as I am with your obsession for me, it's getting a little scary to be honest.

Your post implies that you think Melton was being negative by showing concern for the new signee.

How f*cking bizarre.

Lets hope he scores as many goals as he did last season. If he gets more than ten in half a season, he will probably become a legend at the walkers. :)

Not in their class nor in Brian Deane's either. I would love to be positive, it is in my nature, but with respect to City it is difficult in the face of unremitting mediocrity. :icon_sad:

But Cottee and Marshall did it at a higher level, there is no reason why Hayles couldn't enjoy a similar flourish in the championship, lets hope that he is given an opportunity by the fans and does not become an instant target for the boo boys.

But Cottee and Marshall did it at a higher level, there is no reason why Hayles couldn't enjoy a similar flourish in the championship, lets hope that he is given an opportunity by the fans and does not become an instant target for the boo boys.

I am all for expressing criticism but the player concerned must be given a fair crack of the whip first. :icon_wink

lets hope that he is given an opportunity by the fans and does not become an instant target for the boo boys.
Glad to see you haven't lost your positive attitude going into 2008................:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669