Head-to-Head Prediction League

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
The new league, starting on 3rd January, will be run on a head-to-head basis. Each week you will be up against a different opponent and gain league points, based on the result of your competition with them.

Two points for a win. One point for a draw.

No points will be awarded in the case of a 0-0 draw to sides who have not submitted predictions.

Win, lose or draw, an additional league point will be awarded for every 10 game points scored.

The first set of fixtures is at http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26893 Please PM your predictions to me and I will enter them in the thread alongside those of your opponent for the week. Newcomers welcome - just PM your set of predictions to me.

New rule
At intervals in the past I have declined to accept sets of predictions where a team has entered the same score for all or most of the matches. This has caused controversy and people have pointed to the fact that there is no rule outlawing the practice. I am now addressing this.

In future, no set of predictions will be accepted where 49% or more of the selections are identical. Subject to time being available, people making such submissions will be advised and invited to make a new set of predictions. If no new set of predictions is received, the identical entries will be marked only up to the 49% limit with any additional identical entries being awarded 0 match points.

For the avoidance of doubt, a 2-1 prediction is NOT the same as a 1-2 prediction.

This rule will apply in all Prediction League and Cup competitions.

Last edited:
New rule
At intervals in the past I have declined to accept sets of predictions where a team has entered the same score for all or most of the matches. This has caused controversy and people have pointed to the fact that there is no rule outlawing the practice. I am now addressing this.

In future, no set of predictions will be accepted where 49% or more of the selections are identical. Subject to time being available, people making such submissions will be advised and invited to make a new set of predictions. If no new set of predictions is received, the identical entries will be marked only up to the 49% limit with any additional identical entries being awarded 0 match points.

For the avoidance of doubt, a 2-1 prediction is NOT the same as a 1-2 prediction.

This rule will apply in all Prediction League and Cup competitions.

Boc,
Would it not be advisable to just get everyone to PM their entries to you?

Boc,
Would it not be advisable to just get everyone to PM their entries to you?

eeerrr... Doesn't it say that in the post above?

I always put 2-1 for Leicester games no matter who the opposition I presume this is not outlawed

It would depend on how many of the other games on that date had been predicted as 2-1 and on the position of the Leicester game in the list. But there is no restriction on predicting any particular game as 2-1 per se.

Boc I am playing you first game in the new League so assume I still PM my scores to you even though I wont see yours till you post them together

That's a point - I never thought of that. We need a 3rd party for both myself and my opponent to post to each week. Any volunteers?

Boc, sorry if this has already been pointed out but where do we see who we're playing against?

Look in the fixture thread - posts #2, #3 and #4 - one post for each division.

What happens about postponed games?

They will be voided from this week, unless played before the next set of fixtures. They will then be included in a future week, when the original prediction will count or can be superseded by a new prediction.

Re Bonus Points - the number of game points needed to get a League Bonus Point will be reduced pro-rata in the event of less than 11 games being played in any week.

Similarly in the event of 14 or more games being played in any week, the number of game points needed to gain a League Bonus Point will be increased on a pro-rata basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669