Healthy Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep an empty 2 litre bottle and refill it with water each day and keep it in the fridge - an easy way to keep tabs on how much you're drinking.

Have you ever written in to Take a break with that tip?:102::icon_lol:

Don't forget that potatoes are 70% water - you should eat more chips!

I've read research that the diarretic properties of tea and coffee are miniscule compared to the amount of water in the cup.

As a result, you are actually being hydrated rather than dehydrated. But as FryattFox pointed out, it's less than you would with a normal cup of water.

Fascinating,I bet you are fun at Parties.

I'm not at a party.

Yes you are TB is one big party didn't you know ? I'm in the corner looking windswept and intersting drinking a continental lager whilst you are stood there with your sissy glass of water chewing on some trill

the thing about health is everybody has an opinion and most of people's opinions about health are hearsay, apocryphal, unresearched, old wives tales

for instance: the belief we have to drink 8 glasses of water a day is an urban myth

read the calories of everything you eat/drink, you'll soon be moving away from high-fructose corn syrup and pasties

Tea/Coffee are Diarretics (sp) basically, i.e, they make you thirstier, and do not rehydrate you like you think.
However, if you drink green tea, that counts towards your 8 glasses a day.

I drink from 1/2 litre bottles with the flip top. Fit nicely in the cupholder in the car, store nicely in the fridge.

A common misconception. :icon_wink

A single shredded wheat filled with washing up liquid makes a handy replacement if you run out of Brillo pads.

A single shredded wheat filled with washing up liquid makes a handy replacement if you run out of Brillo pads.

Have you ever written in to Take a Break with that tip?

Its all about moderation Melts. You are right to cut out the stuff you know is just shit for you, but if you balance your diet (ying and yang) take everything in moderation you can eat healthily without being a martyr to it. Same with exercise, moderate, no need to kill yourself.

Scares are good, if you take heed, but life has to be worth living too.

the thing about health is everybody has an opinion and most of people's opinions about health are hearsay, apocryphal, unresearched, old wives tales

for instance: the belief we have to drink 8 glasses of water a day is an urban myth

read the calories of everything you eat/drink, you'll soon be moving away from high-fructose corn syrup and pasties

I think that the body does need approximately 8 glasses of water a day, but that at least half of this can be achieved through water occurring in food that you have eaten.

Have you ever written in to Take a Break with that tip?

Having only discovering what a 'Take a Break' is in the last few minutes, no not yet.
But, I intend to bombard them with emails, letters & phonecalls until it is either published or until I receive another restraing order.

Having only discovering what a 'Take a Break' is in the last few minutes, no not yet.
But, I intend to bombard them with emails, letters & phonecalls until it is either published or until I receive another restraing order.

I still don't know what a 'Take a Break' is. I only said it to make me look as intelligent as fcukcov.

Find a shop called Julian Graves (I think) - sell seeds, nuts etc in larger quantities - think its a bit like an old sweet shop and they weigh it out for you. There used to be one within the Haymarket Shopping Centre I think.

Find a shop called Julian Graves (I think) - sell seeds, nuts etc in larger quantities - think its a bit like an old sweet shop and they weigh it out for you. There used to be one within the Haymarket Shopping Centre I think.
Cheers, Cate.

Already loaded up with that stuff, we have one in Melton. Was hoping for cheaper :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46