Heath captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
trickytrev said:
He Is a division one player at best. Nowhere near a future Leicester captain. The anser is Richard Stearman. Richard Stearman.

Well said, forget about Heath! He's 22 and people saying he's young is just an excuse. Get Sterman in, the next John Terry/Rio Ferdinand.

I think Stearman needs to develop physically before playing in a league like the First Division. There is no doubting his ability, but he needs to beef up because he's a very slight player, and would be brushed aside by big, strong target men (like Kyle) all too easily. He's only 16, so he has plently of time to develop that aspect of his game as it will come naturally as he gets a little older.

True, but look at Heath he's a stick insect! Stearman looks quite strong, I know i've only seen him twice against kids his own age but some of them looked quite beeefed up. He might be too young to play week in, week out next season but he deserves a few games to aid his development and get him on a high carbohydrate diet.

Pasta party round Stearmans house tonight if anyone fancies it. Bring a Penne.

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
trickytrev said:
He Is a division one player at best. Nowhere near a future Leicester captain. The anser is Richard Stearman. Richard Stearman.

Well said, forget about Heath! He's 22 and people saying he's young is just an excuse. Get Sterman in, the next John Terry/Rio Ferdinand.

I think Stearman needs to develop physically before playing in a league like the First Division. There is no doubting his ability, but he needs to beef up because he's a very slight player, and would be brushed aside by big, strong target men (like Kyle) all too easily. He's only 16, so he has plently of time to develop that aspect of his game as it will come naturally as he gets a little older.

True, but look at Heath he's a stick insect! Stearman looks quite strong, I know i've only seen him twice against kids his own age but some of them looked quite beeefed up. He might be too young to play week in, week out next season but he deserves a few games to aid his development and get him on a high carbohydrate diet.

Heath is 22, and he is developed physically where Stearman is 6 years younger and is not. To be fair, I've only seen him a few times, so it's difficult to make a judgement on him. However, I think with alot of players hyis age, they do need to beef us so they can't cope with the physical aspects of the First Division/Lower league football. I think Petrescu or Trev suggested loaning him out next season, which would be a great way to get him adjusted both physically and mentally.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
trickytrev said:

Heath is 22, and he is developed physically where Stearman is 6 years younger and is not. To be fair, I've only seen him a few times, so it's difficult to make a judgement on him. However, I think with alot of players hyis age, they do need to beef us so they can't cope with the physical aspects of the First Division/Lower league football. I think Petrescu or Trev suggested loaning him out next season, which would be a great way to get him adjusted both physically and mentally.

Look at Billy Jones at Crewe, 16 years old and is a defender/midfielder. Doesn't look to have the physical presence that everyone says is essential. Is it essential or is it a myth? You just need to be good at football, 16 year olds often aren't developed completely like a 25 year old beast, but if they are playing regularly then they develop automatically. Farm him out on loan by all means, but if he's good enough for us then why not try him ourselves?

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
trickytrev said:

Look at Billy Jones at Crewe, 16 years old and is a defender/midfielder. Doesn't look to have the physical presence that everyone says is essential. Is it essential or is it a myth? You just need to be good at football, 16 year olds often aren't developed completely like a 25 year old beast, but if they are playing regularly then they develop automatically. Farm him out on loan by all means, but if he's good enough for us then why not try him ourselves?

It's a good point. I thought that Billy Jones was older than that, but it doesn't matter. If you're playing central defence, then it's vital that you're physically developed because you'll be facing some strong players. You can get away with it by playing as say a full back for example as you often face nippy, slight wingers (Unless you play against Scowcroft of course. :wink: )

I'm sure the coaching staff recognise this and will be looking to develop him in this area.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
trickytrev said:

It's a good point. I thought that Billy Jones was older than that, but it doesn't matter. If you're playing central defence, then it's vital that you're physically developed because you'll be facing some strong players. You can get away with it by playing as say a full back for example as you often face nippy, slight wingers (Unless you play against Scowcroft of course. :wink: )

I'm sure the coaching staff recognise this and will be looking to develop him in this area.

Hopefully! We can't expect a 16 year old to walk in to a team even in division one unless as you say they are fully developed. The most encouraging news that we shouldn't forget is the fact that this player has gone from under 17s to reserve team level in just under 9 months, he's also been a class act for his country at Under 17/18 level. John Peacock the coach of the England Under 17/18's has gone on record saying he is truely gifted. I know this as i've said in another post because his wife works at the college my fiance has just finished her course at and I made her get me some info. Let's beef him up and let him loose. Not with Rebecca though

Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:
It was always my intention to give him (Heath) a run of games regardless of how the club was going when he returned from that spell (loan to Stockport).

Bullshit. He got an extended run as you ran out of options at the Club. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I think that is the case.

Heath has done well though - He's looked a bit dodgy at times, but I feel he's performed better than Dabizas. Remember, he is young, so he has alot of learning to do.

What he does need to do though is work on his technical ability, and his distribution of the ball. Those attributes are sadly lacking at the moment.

That's not really saying much though Scowy - I understand what you mean though and kind of agree with you. I just can't see Heath being a class player who you can trust. Can you?

I know being better than Dabizas is not hard. :wink:

Earlier on in the season, I felt that Heath would not be good enough for LCFC. He just doesn't seem a defender who looks at ease on the ball. The game has evolved now where defenders are expected to be ball players, where they initiate attacks by bringing that ball in to midfield and distributing it well ala Ferdinand and Terry. Heath just doesn't have that ability, and it doesn't look like he will improve much in this area.

I do think defensively he has improved over this season, but he still gets rather exposed at times. On saturday, he got turned by Bergkamp at one point and was out paced! :shock:

I think Division 1 will suit him, and he will be fine. Although, I have doubts about him being a Premiership player......

I think that Heath will have a long and succesful career in Division one football but never cut the premiership mustard unfortuantely.

I think you may be right - I remember John Ashton in a similar situation, played a few Premiership games, did OK, but then was released to Division 3 side Oxford simply because he wasn't good enough. His huge throw masked how poor he actually was.

I don't think Heath will follow the same pattern, but I don't think he has the technical abilities to play in the Premiership. You never know, he might be able to work on this over next season, and he may make great strides. I don't want to write him off yet, but he needs to improve alot, and even Micky has indicated this. He has offered him a 2 year contract, So Micky believes he does have the potential.

My dad still goes on about how fantastic Jon Ashton was, i give him the facts that only his throw in was really of any use but he ain't having it.
He also loves Frank Sinclair and thinks Brian Carey and Nicky Mohan were good players.
Anybody know how to deal with Idiot parents???
I might take my case to Trisha.

pds said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:
It was always my intention to give him (Heath) a run of games regardless of how the club was going when he returned from that spell (loan to Stockport).

Bullshit. He got an extended run as you ran out of options at the Club. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Heath has done well though - He's looked a bit dodgy at times, but I feel he's performed better than Dabizas. Remember, he is young, so he has alot of learning to do.

What he does need to do though is work on his technical ability, and his distribution of the ball. Those attributes are sadly lacking at the moment.

That's not really saying much though Scowy - I understand what you mean though and kind of agree with you. I just can't see Heath being a class player who you can trust. Can you?

Earlier on in the season, I felt that Heath would not be good enough for LCFC. He just doesn't seem a defender who looks at ease on the ball. The game has evolved now where defenders are expected to be ball players, where they initiate attacks by bringing that ball in to midfield and distributing it well ala Ferdinand and Terry. Heath just doesn't have that ability, and it doesn't look like he will improve much in this area.

I do think defensively he has improved over this season, but he still gets rather exposed at times. On saturday, he got turned by Bergkamp at one point and was out paced! :shock:

I think Division 1 will suit him, and he will be fine. Although, I have doubts about him being a Premiership player......

I think that Heath will have a long and succesful career in Division one football but never cut the premiership mustard unfortuantely.

I think you may be right - I remember John Ashton in a similar situation, played a few Premiership games, did OK, but then was released to Division 3 side Oxford simply because he wasn't good enough. His huge throw masked how poor he actually was.

I don't think Heath will follow the same pattern, but I don't think he has the technical abilities to play in the Premiership. You never know, he might be able to work on this over next season, and he may make great strides. I don't want to write him off yet, but he needs to improve alot, and even Micky has indicated this. He has offered him a 2 year contract, So Micky believes he does have the potential.

My dad still goes on about how fantastic Jon Ashton was, i give him the facts that only his throw in was really of any use but he ain't having it.
He also loves Frank Sinclair and thinks Brian Carey and Nicky Mohan were good players.

Is your dad Peter Taylor by any chance? :wink:

pds said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

thinking Carey and Mohan were good players is a shootable offense I do believe. :wink:

Lord_Cobley said:
pds said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

thinking Carey and Mohan were good players is a shootable offense I do believe. :wink:

Why isn't Brian Little dead yet? :wink:

im starting to wonder Scowy.
does anybody else have irritating dads as far as football is concerned.
i realise i am speaking to the minority because most of this websites users are geriatrics.
Things my dad does that annoy me to do with Football:

1. Commentates the whole way through matches.
2. makes everyone quite to listen to interviews then argues every point that the interviewee makes.
3. Pronounces Matt Le Tissier, Matt Le Tiss-Ler :shock:
4. Pronounces Marcel Desailly, Marcel De-saily
5. Pronounces Millenium Stadium, Mi-La-nium Stadium
6. Constantly says how Gerry Taggart would have kept us up.
7. Moans about us not signing John Hartson from Coventry
8. Constantly saying how we should have built a bigger stadium, regardless of costs.

He really is a bit of a Cock Block when it comes to Football,please tell me im not alone.

My dad doesn't really know anything about football, but My mum thinks she does - But she don't either.

When I'm watching the footy, she will talk to me all the way through the game, so I have to tell her to shut up, but she still don't listen. And if I'm watching Sky Sports News for example, and Micky is being interviewed, she will talk over that and try to analyse everything he says, when she aint got a clue! :twisted:

my mum and sister are class, both very knowlegable season ticket holders. My mum and sister keep me sane when talking about football.
if i had grew up with my dads views gerry taggart would be given the freedom of leicester. and i would be a wan ker, but im not you no.

My dad is very knowledgable, but not as knowledgable about football as me. The good thing is, he firmly believes nobody knows more about football than me and if we argue he just knows his place! My mum reads the daily mail and she thinks that is enough to make her know about football, 'the mail says this, the mail says that' funny thing is, she doesn't even read the sport section. and don't even let me start about the feelings she has for Tony Blair.

Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
No. :roll:

You're old enough to be a grandad, aren't you? :wink:

(In relation to pds' question) :wink:

I was talking about whether Heath should be Captain. :roll:

I thought that Billy Jones was older than that, but it doesn't matter.

They are tyhe same age. Billy Jones plays right back in the Eng;and team that Stearman plays centre back for.

my old man (64) has had enough of 'those over paid wan&ers'.
Apparently it's not how it used to be :roll:

he's kept all the mercury write ups from the 50's & 60's that will be my inheritance....cheers dad :roll:
amazing though, ask him about a game from that time and he'll tell you the scorers, times of goals and the weather conditions.

pds said:
my mum and sister are class, both very knowlegable season ticket holders. My mum and sister keep me sane when talking about football.
if i had grew up with my dads views gerry taggart would be given the freedom of leicester. and i would be a wan ker, but im not you no.

My dad also firmly believes that gerry is the answer to all of our problems, we would never have gone down under taylor or this season and only went up becasue of him.

He was a legend, but come on...............

The first team is not a training school for young hopefulls and heath is still a young hopefull that has to do a lot of learning

We need a good defence. Not heath on a YTS course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469