Heath - he can't be that bad or is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

Two ex city managers fighting to sign Heath - ok it's only Hull and the Covw**kers but at the time that we need a centre half should we not keep him - is he that bad or am I looking through me rosey coloured specs? after all I cant remember the last time we had 2 clubs trying to sign one of our players.

Sticks is a bit of a liability when it comes to distribution, and you have to look at the quality (sic) of the managers who are trying to sign him to give you a clue to his abilities. Now if it were say Fergie and Muriniho trying to sign him....

When 2 ex-managers both want a player, then it does make you wonder if we're missing something with him. However, you need to remember that these were 2 managers that left the club because we were doing shite...

Oh, and it's 3 clubs that want him, Plymouth are interested as well. Hopefully with 3 clubs willing to bid for him, it will push his price up a bit ;)

lanxfox said:
Two ex city managers fighting to sign Heath - ok it's only Hull and the Covw**kers but at the time that we need a centre half should we not keep him - is he that bad or am I looking through me rosey coloured specs? after all I cant remember the last time we had 2 clubs trying to sign one of our players.

To be quite honest who's judgement would you listen too, a manager that couldn't sign talent but spent lots of money on it anyway, a manager who likes to play long ball so Heath fits the bill, or our own manager who wants to play some football, is getting rid of the deadwood players and signing players of decent quality who seem to want to actually wear our beloved blue with pride.
At this moment in time Heath is 3rd choice at best, CL knows who he is trying to sign and no doubt another CB would see him slip to 4th choice, if money for Heath means we can get an even better replacement then so be it. Just thinking about it we have Stearman and Dublin aswell so make that 6th choice.
I think CL is doing the right thing, if you think about it there has been a black cloud over this club for a very long time and this has effected the moral of players and fans alike, with CL letting go of alot of the players that have been around for a while (even if they were good enough) hopefully new players can be the breath of fresh air we all need.

if we can get the reported 200k then we should snap their hands off.

he has no passing sense/skill and thats something u cant teach to a player that age. he is a reasonable tackler but i would like to think that craig is looking to play more footie on the park rather than in the stands where heath seems to think it should be played.

Naughty Fox said:
To be quite honest who's judgement would you listen too, a manager that couldn't sign talent but spent lots of money on it anyway, a manager who likes to play long ball so Heath fits the bill, or our own manager who wants to play some football, is getting rid of the deadwood players and signing players of decent quality who seem to want to actually wear our beloved blue with pride.
At this moment in time Heath is 3rd choice at best, CL knows who he is trying to sign and no doubt another CB would see him slip to 4th choice, if money for Heath means we can get an even better replacement then so be it. Just thinking about it we have Stearman and Dublin aswell so make that 6th choice.
I think CL is doing the right thing, if you think about it there has been a black cloud over this club for a very long time and this has effected the moral of players and fans alike, with CL letting go of alot of the players that have been around for a while (even if they were good enough) hopefully new players can be the breath of fresh air we all need.

Spot on. :icon_razz :icon_razz :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_wink :icon_wink :002: ;) :023:

I for one am glad we wont be subjecxted to heaths antics any more, It aint because he was a crap player, IMO he could be quite good at times. But he has an ability to drop monumental cock ups, which inevetable lead to the oposition scoring.

While he was on the pitch, most goals against us where because Heath did a bad pass, missed the ball, produced a poor back pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669