heath on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always see heath out in Leicester but can't remember whether he drinks alcohol or not due to the fact i do. although he has looked a bit pissed up on occasions

Hull City - Defender deal latest
28 Jun 2005 16:33

Hull City are preparing a raid for a defender with championship experience, but have ruled out a bid for Danny Cullip today. It's thought Matt Heath of Leicester could be a target.

Whatever, not that amazed at Heath to be honest - although if he shoould leave I would want a new CB (at least one actually, maybe more) installed sharpish!

Not too disappointed to see Sticks leave, whilst some of the abuse he has recieved has been unjust, Heath along with Tommy Wright have both failed to live up to their early potential, if we can recieve a fee for both which enables us to bring in players in the mould of McCarthy, Maybury and Hughes then so be it. We are not in a position nor posess the quality to be sentimental about local talent.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
wasnt it ma who said he could well be the future captain of city :102:

He did, but did he mention which city YV
;) :icon_lol:

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Not too disappointed to see Sticks leave, whilst some of the abuse he has recieved has been unjust, Heath along with Tommy Wright have both failed to live up to their early potential, if we can recieve a fee for both which enables us to bring in players in the mould of McCarthy, Maybury and Hughes then so be it. We are not in a position nor posess the quality to be sentimental about local talent.

Are you sure it was potential or our usual over-optimism on local young players applying to both Heath & Wright. Heath doesn't seem to have the necessary speed or class and Tommy's early OTT aggression seems to have been a cover for lack of real ability - or am I being unfair?

I can't imagine we would get a total of much more than 50K in total for the pair of them - the market is somewhat more realistic these days and the main consideration is the off loading and taking on of wage costs. Transfer fees for all but the elite are becoming almost a non issue.

Redditch Fox said:
Are you sure it was potential or our usual over-optimism on local young players applying to both Heath & Wright. Heath doesn't seem to have the necessary speed or class and Tommy's early OTT aggression seems to have been a cover for lack of real ability - or am I being unfair?

I can't imagine we would get a total of much more than 50K in total for the pair of them - the market is somewhat more realistic these days and the main consideration is the off loading and taking on of wage costs. Transfer fees for all but the elite are becoming almost a non issue.

Not at all

You've summed it up nicely in my opinion - same applies to Dawson, and the claims of him going to Man City, or other Prem clubs
He ends up at Mansfield Town

homer said:
Not at all

You've summed it up nicely in my opinion - same applies to Dawson, and the claims of him going to Man City, or other Prem clubs
He ends up at Mansfield Town

Yes, clearly Dawson is generally seen as less than the exciting prospect that he imagines he is. Harry Rednapp who has been a decent manager once said that football management is not so much about coaching or tactics - but mainly about having good judgement about players.

I sense that CL has got decent judgement in terms of at least knowing who is'nt much use in improving Leicester City's position -whether he is able to bring the right players in is a much more difficult problem of course - given our extremely limited resources, but I live in hope.

jason wilcox

i think it was a good move keeping wilcox - it took him a little while to get into his stride and he was starting to look like a decent player when he got injured (also to be fair MA seemed to have gotten the bizarre notion he could play LB). also hes got a few england caps, has played in europe, has won a premiership title - bottom line is he seems to be a good professional with loads of experience and i think he'll have a positive impact in the dressing room.

elefant.gif
elefant.gif
elefant.gif
elefant.gif
elefant.gif

lako42 said:
jason wilcox

As far as CL's judgement on players is concerned, I think that Jason Wilcox is the exception .

Of course, he has shown quality in the distant past - but its years since he played any long sequence of games & I hope that there is a pay as you play element to his deal - because I don't think he will make that many appearances.

Muz said:
Maybe Taylor will put a bid of 5m in for him!

yeah 5m length of string and a piece of coal should do it

Muz said:
Maybe Taylor will put a bid of 5m in for him!

Like it! - he would if he was still working for that dear old gent (forgotten his name now) who was chairman when Taylor was manager here.

The thing is that Taylor is a half-decent coach - but was a woefully naive manager and to our misfortune , he was allowed to 'play on the motorway' by a hopeless board.

Redditch Fox said:
Like it! - he would if he was still working for that dear old gent (forgotten his name now) who was chairman when Taylor was manager here.

The thing is that Taylor is a half-decent coach - but was a woefully naive manager and to our misfortune , he was allowed to 'play on the motorway' by a hopeless board.

I agree Peter Taylor is a good coach just not sure about his man/money management!

fcukcov said:
I agree Peter Taylor is a good coach just not sure about his man/money management!

Your not fooking wrong, Michael Jackson has more sense where money is concerned than Taylor, although Elsom and the rest of the board have to share the blame for sanctioning the spending of such large sums of cash on unproven players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669