heath on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Your not fooking wrong, Michael Jackson has more sense where money is concerned than Taylor, although Elsom and the rest of the board have to share the blame for sanctioning the spending of such large sums of cash on unproven players.

yeh taylor is not entirely to blame. But the lack of funds for wages we are experiencing at the mo may mean that the way the club is being run is much better in terms of money than it was previously.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Your not fooking wrong, Michael Jackson has more sense where money is concerned than Taylor, although Elsom and the rest of the board have to share the blame for sanctioning the spending of such large sums of cash on unproven players.

IMO Elsom AND the rest of the Board were more culpable than you suggest.

Just consider that Taylor was an inexperienced manager who came from a club with no money. He arrives at Leicester - a club that had been extremely tight with funds throughout MON's days, and in my too long experience a club managed very financially tightly back through the Shipman family era..... and then what to the Board do - they let a child in the form of Taylor run riot in paying crazy transfer fees for the wrong players and then paying near pensioners a fortune to remain at the club. Who signed the cheques or authorised the bank drafts?? Taylor? I don't think so.

Redditch Fox said:
IMO Elsom AND the rest of the Board were more culpable than you suggest.

Just consider that Taylor was an inexperienced manager who came from a club with no money. He arrives at Leicester - a club that had been extremely tight with funds throughout MON's days, and in my too long experience a club managed very financially tightly back through the Shipman family era..... and then what to the Board do - they let a child in the form of Taylor run riot in paying crazy transfer fees for the wrong players and then paying near pensioners a fortune to remain at the club. Who signed the cheques or authorised the bank drafts?? Taylor? I don't think so.

yeh agree totally.

cant fault you there. but Taylor cant be excused for the players he did buy with that money. that was his decision.

Elsom and Taylor are both complete and utter incompetent garde A assholes without an ounce of business sense or "what is value for money" between them...

FCUK THEM BOTH.... TOSSERS!!!

I think the old Board are largely to blame - it was similar to letting a kid loose in a sweety shop - giving Taylor all of that money to spend.

He was inexperienced and cocked it up royally!

I am sure he has learned a lot form the experience and is now a better manager as well as a good coach - pissed off that he learned his lessons at our expense!

I thought that those half dozen were given big money contracts to compensate for MON going to Celtic and to stop them following, as they were the nucleus of our team?
So it's Martrin's fault.....bastard....:icon_lol:

On a slightly different note. I assume we are still paying Peter Taylor?? anyone know about this?

yes durham we are probably still paying for p**** t***** - his mistakes :icon_roll

DurhamFox said:
On a slightly different note. I assume we are still paying Peter Taylor?? anyone know about this?

He was one of the people we owed money to when we went into administration. But I don't think it counted as a football debt in the same way as players contracts and transfer fees did, so I don't think he got the money.

admin said:
He was one of the people we owed money to when we went into administration. But I don't think it counted as a football debt in the same way as players contracts and transfer fees did, so I don't think he got the money.

:038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

Heath has his admirers. :) :) ;)

FansFC said:
Coventry boss joins race for Foxes defender

Leicester's Matt Heath is in talks with the Sky Blues over a move to the Ricoh Arena

The 24-year-old has been at Leicester for the whole of his career to date, making 60 first-team appearances.

Heath is well known to City boss Micky Adams from his time in charge at Leicester and Adams told the Coventry website: "We are presently in talks with Matt about joining Coventry City."

Hull City are also keen on a deal for the centre-half.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670