Helicopter crash at King Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently described as CCTV footage. Mercury has refused to publish it until such time as investigators have reviewed it. fair play to them.

Someone needs a proper good ****ing kicking. What sort of sick **** would have that footage and then sell it to them ****s?

Guys, there is footage emerging on the Sun page of the helicopter going down.

It's harrowing. For those wanting to see it here's the link... https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7620935/leicester-helicopter-crash-footage-stadium-fatal-spin/

For those not wanting to see it. Avoid the Sun web site.
**** me. I won’t be visiting their site, but I think it would be no bad response if we all made like the city of Liverpool post Hillsborough and made it socially unacceptable to buy the Sun

That footage should not be public. The British press just go too far.

Fortunately some discretion has been shown in other areas of the media.

I agree. A Sun boycott would be just. But to Jeff’s point they are a symptom not a cause.

Hardly a surprise I guess given the part time and low paid nature of the job. Obviously the moral nature of profiting from someone else's misfortune is questionable. He'll no doubt get the sack if he attempts to return. It does at least seem to quash the rumours of it colliding with a sky tv drone or police drone due to fan fighting...… clearly either a mechanical fault or driver error. Likely the former if the tail rotor going down is what caused the loss of control. It's just an absolute shame that it has happened when it was that high up rather than in those few seconds while it was hovering above the turf.....

It's the risk you take with any vehicle I guess. I had a car crash a few years ago where my car was written off. No problems at all driving down to Lutterworth - 30 minute drive. On the way back from work though, about half way down the motor way a rear tyre burst at 50-60 mph and it spun out and crashed into the center barrier. I was lucky I didn't get hit by other cars or spin out the other side of the motorway down a ditch..

Same thing here, no problems with the chopper landing in. The problem comes to life in an instant on the return journey. Desperately unfortunate and I guess the risk factor is even worse with a helicopter..

It could be possible of course that the steward had already sent it to the AAIB, and then afterwards innocently (but stupidly) sent the video to a friend who then sold it to the Sun.

Makes me so sad to think that people out there think it’s morally ok to sell content of this type. Even more so that the British press would ‘go to print’ such a vile video.

Simply disgusting.

That footage should not be public. The British press just go too far.

Fortunately some discretion has been shown in other areas of the media.

I agree. A Sun boycott would be just. But to Jeff’s point they are a symptom not a cause.
On BBC website now although they have shortened it.

Hardly a surprise I guess given the part time and low paid nature of the job. Obviously the moral nature of profiting from someone else's misfortune is questionable. He'll no doubt get the sack if he attempts to return. It does at least seem to quash the rumours of it colliding with a sky tv drone or police drone due to fan fighting...… clearly either a mechanical fault or driver error. Likely the former if the tail rotor going down is what caused the loss of control. It's just an absolute shame that it has happened when it was that high up rather than in those few seconds while it was hovering above the turf.....

It's the risk you take with any vehicle I guess. I had a car crash a few years ago where my car was written off. No problems at all driving down to Lutterworth - 30 minute drive. On the way back from work though, about half way down the motor way a rear tyre burst at 50-60 mph and it spun out and crashed into the center barrier. I was lucky I didn't get hit by other cars or spin out the other side of the motorway down a ditch..

Same thing here, no problems with the chopper landing in. The problem comes to life in an instant on the return journey. Desperately unfortunate and I guess the risk factor is even worse with a helicopter..

You're right - had it happened within the stadium and not as high then definitely greater chances of survival.

On the other hand I've been reading some expert reports which have suggested that the aircraft was indeed too close to the ground and because of this there wasn't enough time for the pilots to be able to control the aircraft. If it was higher they may have landed much more softly and with much less speed. So significantly higher or significantly lower then a much higher rate of survival.

Of course all of this is irrelevant, if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike.

My bastards mate keeps sending me videos. It's sick and disgusting. So one thing is to see an article with it, another thing is to get a video directly sent to your phone.

I hate the British media. Disruptive, disgusting and very very cold and crafty. One agenda only.

Still got this horrible sadness. I hope and pray for the families and that us as one large fault can pull through together.

Last edited:
I was just thinking...this could have been far far worse than it was.

It looks like the pilots did a fantastic job. Imagine all of this plus citizen casualties/fatalities.

I can't even.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265