Help me with my dissertation! A case study of LCFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers Ill have a shufty later.

post the questions here...

as for fans as customers, you need to take into account the erosion of the manufacturing base of the country by the Tories, there is hardly any working class any more, mainly middle and non-working chavs

also, the Taylor report made capacity limited and seating, the landscape of Britain's stadia changed after it: they were safer with more facilities

and any study of how much fans are putting in is dependent on the team's success, £8 for Hull is about right, but people will pay £40 to watch Man U

I would think leicesters large ethnic communtiy would have a bearing on this also.

Thanks darth, ive already covered the Taylor report in quite a bit of detail in my literature review, and have also mentioned the blurring of class boundaries.

I am going to see how many questionnaires i can get in the next week, then i will post a few of the main questions on here for discussion. Thanks for your input (Y)

post the questions here...

as for fans as customers, you need to take into account the erosion of the manufacturing base of the country by the Tories, there is hardly any working class any more, mainly middle and non-working chavs

also, the Taylor report made capacity limited and seating, the landscape of Britain's stadia changed after it: they were safer with more facilities

and any study of how much fans are putting in is dependent on the team's success, £8 for Hull is about right, but people will pay £40 to watch Man U

sorry DV but thats bollux, and you know it

Which part of it is bollocks? I thought it was a pretty well-known truth.

Could you explain further, please.

Last edited:
Which part of it is bollocks? I thought it was a pretty well-known truth.

Could you explain further, please.

maybe try and look at the cost to go to a match. Since 1995, the prices have risen to silly levels, and then to be taxed even more people just cannot afford to go.
I go to Juve and the ticket prices there are so much lower, how can this be?

But that's not what you appeared do be disagreeing with. DV made a suggestion that the Tories were responsible for the erosion of the manufacturing base of the country and said that there is hardly any working class any more, mainly middle and non-working chavs.

You highlighted that and told him it was bollux. I asked you to clarify and you have now gone off on a completely different tangent.

What is it that you are trying to say?

you're saying the Tories increased the manufacturing base of Britain?

or just calling something without arguing against it?

you're saying the Tories increased the manufacturing base of Britain?

or just calling something without arguing against it?

sorry, I got the wrong end. Just seemed odd that politics is brought into this.

sorry, I got the wrong end. Just seemed odd that politics is brought into this.

any study of the population, their habits and income would need to mention their governance

i wasn't taking a pro or anti stance against the erosion of the manufacturing base

any study of the population, their habits and income would need to mention their governance

i wasn't taking a pro or anti stance against the erosion of the manufacturing base

It's nevertheless true that it has happened and undoubtedly has had an effect on the demograph of attenders.

Maybe you can correlate the increase in social economic status of our supporters with the drastic decline in fortunes of the club.

Prices might be higher now but I remember (Excluding capacity restrictions) 30,000 people attending a Leicester match being unthinkable.

Maybe you can correlate the increase in social economic status of our supporters with the drastic decline in fortunes of the club.

Prices might be higher now but I remember (Excluding capacity restrictions) 30,000 people attending a Leicester match being unthinkable.

I was in a near 40,000 crowd at filbert street.....

I was in a near 40,000 crowd at filbert street.....

Bit before my time but mid eighties through to our first year in the Premiership I remember anything over 16K being a good crowd.

I've been to a full Filbert street quite a few times, but the capacity was never more than the Walkers now. Who can forget the match when we could have sunk the Geordies in 1992, I don't remember if it was a sell out but there were people standing on the touchline at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46