He's here for the duration then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

From the Mockery:

Craig Levein hits the transfer market today freshly armed with money released by the Leicester City board.

The City boss is looking for a key signing to improve his side's fortunes, and any newcomer will be thrust immediately into the battle to move away from the lower reaches of the Coca-Cola Championship table.

While Levein's budget is unlikely to stretch to a well-known name from a Premiership squad, finding a solution to the lack of goals is likely to be the first issue addressed.

Levein said: "We can see from the statistics that we are making the chances, more than most other teams, but it is not doing us any good in terms of results.

"The plan is to find the right player to cash in on those chances and, while the new man might not arrive until after the FA Cup tie against Spurs on Sunday, I am determined to make sure we do our best to cure that particular problem."

While some cash has been made available, any deals are expected to be fairly modest or, more likely, loan deals with the view to a permanent move in the summer.

The search for players in other departments is a low priority as far as Levein is concerned.

I thought he'd get someone in this week, we know he's got a list and has been working on making approaches already, only to be knocked back a lot by the sound of things. But how long does it take to pick up the phone and say "listen Alex, give us Rooney for a couple of months and I'll do the ironing and make your tea until the end of the season?"

still muttering of how many chances we've had, wake up Craig and buy some decent players, or else you could be given a status at the club potentially worse than Peter Taylor if you send us down

I wonder if Tudgay was one of his Targets,only because he was harping on about getting a 'Winger' in and Barber seemed quite certain that a Midfielder was coming in from a East Midlands club and now Sheff Wed have signed him CL's gone quiet on the 'Winger' talk.Of course I could be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 765
A Striker is a Must though and I would hope he would be here by the weekend because if we are getting one we might as well have one who can play in the Cup...be it for the one match.

Ox Fox said:
we know he's got a list and has been working on making approaches already, only to be knocked back a lot by the sound of things.

Not really his fault though..the 2 for 1 offer on tinned Peaches had finished at Sainsburys

highland fox said:
I wonder if Tudgay was one of his Targets,only because he was harping on about getting a 'Winger' in and Barber seemed quite certain that a Midfielder was coming in from a East Midlands club and now Sheff Wed have signed him CL's gone quiet on the 'Winger' talk.Of course I could be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 765
A Striker is a Must though and I would hope he would be here by the weekend because if we are getting one we might as well have one who can play in the Cup...be it for the one match.

But would a loan player from the Prem be allowed to play by their club anyway?

Ox Fox said:
But would a loan player from the Prem be allowed to play by their club anyway?

If the loan is until the end of the season then why not ? what would be the reasoning behind not letting them play.Can Ryan Smith play on Sunday ?

highland fox said:
If the loan is until the end of the season then why not ? what would be the reasoning behind not letting them play.Can Ryan Smith play on Sunday ?

No word on that, although the rules of end of season loans seem to suggest he can.

For Fox Sake said:
it depends on if teh club is in the cup still and the players has not played for them or if teh player has player already for a club the answer is no!

:icon_conf

highland fox said:

A lot of loan deals are on 24 hour recalls in case of an injury crisis aren't they?

Ox Fox said:
A lot of loan deals are on 24 hour recalls in case of an injury crisis aren't they?

I thought Season long ones aren't though ? Webbo.......

highland fox said:
I thought Season long ones aren't though ? Webbo.......

I think these are the basic loan rules so you might be right for once HF :icon_wink

Loan of contract players is permitted from clubs in membership of the Premiership, Football League, Conference (all three divisions), and the three feeders to the Conference, subject also to the rules of those leagues of course.

Some limits apply:

2 - the maximum number of loans from one club at a given time

465 - the maximum number of 'loan days' per season

8 - maximum loan players per season

28 - mimumum number of days for a loan

91 - maximum number of days for a loan (see also 'long term loans' below).

Loans which are made 'permanent' do not count against a club's quota. If a player is on loan for the last day of the season, and the club qualifies for the play-offs, the loan shall be automatically extended, subject to the 91-day limit for short-term loans.

A loan transfer must be complete 24 hours before the scheduled kick-off if the loanee is to play.

If a loan period is extended, only the club for whom the player was originally registered can cancel the loan short of the agreed period. Players may not be recalled within the first 28 days, other than the special case of goalkeepers, where recall clauses are permitted.

To count as a single loan under the quota system, a loan must be continuous. If a player returns to his old club before being re-loaned, that counts twice against the quota.

long-term loans

Players under 23 on June 30th may be taken on loan for the rest of the season if the loan starts before 31st December. Long-term loanees do not count against the 8-player quota, and can only be recalled early if they are goalkeepers, or if they are being recalled for the purpose of a transfer to another club.

This was taken from a conference web site but I guess it must apply to all clubs operating under FA rules.

Ox Fox said:
I think these are the basic loan rules so you might be right for once HF :icon_wink

Isn't it time you took the Decorations down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363