He's here for the duration then

Status
Not open for further replies.
28 - mimumum number of days for a loan

didn't Conrad Logan originally go out on a 7 day loan to help (Boston??) out of a goalkeeping crisis?

Melton Fox said:

didn't Conrad Logan originally go out on a 7 day loan to help (Boston??) out of a goalkeeping crisis?

Goalkeepers are special.

Melton Fox said:

I think they got round that by calling it a 'Trial'.

highland fox said:
Still got that 'crush' on Mart Poom have you Ox ?

Nice legs, shame about the face.

poom01.jpg

Any signings this week are not elligable for the cup anyway.

If from a lower divison already cup tied and if from prem or champ then had to be signed 14 days before the game.

Get a striker here b4 week sat or we are stuffed!!

One big thingb that bothers me........

Why did the board hold a meeting last night to discuss the amount of money available for new players? I would have thought this would have been done weeks ago, so as when Jan 1st is here we could have hit the ground running, just like Sheffield Wednesday did. The window is only open for the one month, so I would have thought the more time you can get the better. How could he be looking at players, trying to identify who he could go for if he did not know his budget????

Business wise it does not add up. I expect the board meeting last night was to deliver a final bollocking to him. The budgets should have been sewn up weeks ago. If it is true then the board are complete and utter tossers

I re-read what I had written here and realise I made a mistake.

Last edited:
webmaster said:
Goalkeepers are different, they can go on 'emergency' loans, which can last for just one match if necessary.

I bow to your superior knowledge Webbo,serves me right for reading the Sunday People

Incidentally does the 'bow' earn me any virtual cash ?

Last edited:
Boy Genius said:
Business wise it does not add up. I expect the board meeting last night was to deliver a final bollocking to him. The budgets should have been sewn up weeks ago. If it is true then the board are complete and utter tossers

Valid points, BG. However, with our club, anything is possible.......:icon_roll

monafox said:
Any signings this week are not elligable for the cup anyway.

If from a lower divison already cup tied and if from prem or champ then had to be signed 14 days before the game.

Get a striker here b4 week sat or we are stuffed!!

Don't know where you're getting your '14 days' from.

From the FA cup rules:

(h) In all Rounds of the Competition a player shall be a "registered player" of his Club under the Rules of the Competition. In the case of postponed, drawn or replayed matches only those players shall be allowed to play who were eligible to play at the time fixed for playing the original Round, except for under the provisions of Competition Rule 18(e).

(i) (i) A "registered player" is one who is either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season. Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round, and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match. In order to be eligible for the Final, the players must have been correctly registered and eligible for the Semi-Final Round of the Competition.

If the FIFA Transfer Window is in operation then, in the Third Round Proper only, any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round.

Boy Genius said:
One big thingb that bothers me........

Why did the board hold a meeting last night to discuss the amount of money available for new players? I would have thought this would have been done weeks ago, so as when Jan 1st is here we could have hit the ground running, just like Sheffield Wednesday did. The window is only open for the one month, so I would have thought the more time you can get the better. How could he be looking at players, trying to identify who he could go for if he did not know his budget????

I think finances are that tight the board had to wait until the very last game possible to calculate the revenue from gate receipts. Only a guess though

Also last minute ticket and shirt sales

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
I think finances are that tight the board had to wait until the very last game possible to calculate the revenue from gate receipts. Only a guess though

Also last minute ticket and shirt sales

The money to a certain degree is there, just surprised me that they wait until now to sit down and sort it out. Maybe because of that we missed out on Tudgay.
I believe CL was read the riot act last night though. It cannot be for anything else........ either the board are tossers or they take us for tossers:018:

If he is here for the duration of at least this season, I might get back on the fence again.....:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

I agree we desperately need a striker and that is of paramount importance, but why no mention of a left back, all we have who can play in that position at present is a Centre Half who lets us down (Craigs words), a tasmanian devil who has the discipline of an untrained puppy and finally a 19 year old kid who Levein clearly dont trust, and yet all other signings are low priority, absolute fecking bollocks !

I agree with BG as well, the budget for the transfer window would have been in place in the summer and it would be revised depending on circumstances, or do Leicester City not bother there arses with reforecasting, IMO the fecker has had his last warning and I honestly believe the budget has been slashed, and the reason other signings are low priority is because once he gets his striker, will he know if anything is left. We are fooked from top right through to the bottom.

whats this vcash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670