High expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikko

Are our expectations for the new manager too high? (whoever he may be) Afterall there are plenty of teams in this division who would expect to be in with a shout of promotion, what makes us think any new manager will suddenly solve problems that seem to have been around for awhile. Personally I would settle for some good football and the building of a quality squad over the next couple of seasons.
We don't want to be judging every new manager after 6 games - do we?

are expectaions are high because Milan told us to expect a top 6 finish this season. It now looks very likley that won't be happening!

I was once told my sights were too high by some little tart that had turned me down. Cocky biatch.

Within 12 months she was in a dead-end job and seven months pregnant while I went on to achieve nothing over the course of many years.

So, who is the winner from this now? Her, with her bloody family, pension plan and paid for house or me with my catalogue of debts?

Sights set too high bollocks.

I still would though...

Are our expectations for the new manager too high? (whoever he may be) Afterall there are plenty of teams in this division who would expect to be in with a shout of promotion, what makes us think any new manager will suddenly solve problems that seem to have been around for awhile. Personally I would settle for some good football and the building of a quality squad over the next couple of seasons.

Yes. Not in the sense that we shouldn't want the best - I'd love us to steal Wenger but, of course, it won't happen; but, in terms of who we think will come. I live twenty-five miles outside Norwich and the locals will not believe that I am not jellous of their prestigious new manager - Roeder!

I was once told my sights were too high by some little tart that had turned me down. Cocky biatch.

Within 12 months she was in a dead-end job and seven months pregnant while I went on to achieve nothing over the course of many years.

So, who is the winner from this now? Her, with her bloody family, pension plan and paid for house or me with my catalogue of debts?

Sights set too high bollocks.

I still would though...

My favourite post of the day :038: :icon_lol:

I liked it too, bravo.

Yes. Not in the sense that we shouldn't want the best - I'd love us to steal Wenger but, of course, it won't happen; but, in terms of who we think will come. I live twenty-five miles outside Norwich and the locals will not believe that I am not jellous of their prestigious new manager - Roeder!
We are already slating managers that have not been appointed - some have a decent history and deserve support if given the job. Only Paul Jewell seems to have universal support and he looks unlikely. Let's get real and enjoy some football, a promotion challenge should be looked upon as a bonus.

We are already slating managers that have not been appointed - some have a decent history and deserve support if given the job. Only Paul Jewell seems to have universal support and he looks unlikely. Let's get real and enjoy some football, a promotion challenge should be looked upon as a bonus.

FFS you don't belong here.. that's far too sensible and reasoned :icon_roll

Our expectations over a new manager arent to high, im just pissed off that we could be getting reid when there are managers like Holloway, grayson and even Newell out there who would probably be tempted by the job.

surely MM can see that apart from 2 years at sunderland Reid has been shit everywhere else.

I fail to see why we would want either Grayson or Newell. Get over the ex player thing!! Its complete bollocks!! Lets set our sites high, we have a great stadium and fan base with a Chairman who is ambitious. There are not too many other Championship clubs with all of that. We just need to find a manager who appreciates that and puts his heart and soul into making us great again. Agree that Peter Reid isn't the way forward, but in my opinion there is no great rush as the side seem to be doing OK under Burrows/Taggart so why no wait for the right man if he isn't available right now. I rest my peace.

From Milan himself. :icon_wink

Where do you expect us to finish next season? Is top half acceptable or will you accept play offs?

Kentfox, Kent

MM: "I want us to be in the Premier League. There are eight teams, I think, who will be a major force in the Championship next season. We're one of them. I expect us to be in the top six."

From Milan himself. :icon_wink

I don't want to be ridiculed for saying this but we are not that far off the playoffs. We have dropped so many points stupidly,but we are only 6 points off Wolves, a third into the season.

Okay there is a Sh/t fight appearing for the relegation battle below us, but there really aren't that many teams that look promotion material. String a couple of wins together and we could well be up there. Play the way we have been and it's join the sh/t fight.

I fail to see why we would want either Grayson or Newell. Get over the ex player thing!! Its complete bollocks!! Lets set our sites high, we have a great stadium and fan base with a Chairman who is ambitious. There are not too many other Championship clubs with all of that. We just need to find a manager who appreciates that and puts his heart and soul into making us great again. Agree that Peter Reid isn't the way forward, but in my opinion there is no great rush as the side seem to be doing OK under Burrows/Taggart so why no wait for the right man if he isn't available right now. I rest my peace.

Im not saying i want grayson or newell because they are ex-city. They both have done reasonably well at much smaller clubs with little or no fiancial backing, so instead of giving the job to someone like reid why not give one of them a chance at a bigger club.:102:

Your point is very unclear, what expectations are you talking about?
There isn't a collective expectation to measure.

Your notion of good football & building a quality squad would require a good manager so perhaps your expectations are set too high.

I don't want to be ridiculed for saying this but we are not that far off the playoffs. We have dropped so many points stupidly,but we are only 6 points off Wolves, a third into the season.

Okay there is a Sh/t fight appearing for the relegation battle below us, but there really aren't that many teams that look promotion material. String a couple of wins together and we could well be up there. Play the way we have been and it's join the sh/t fight.

It was my opinion at the start of the season that any team beginning with a "W" would be in the promotion dogfight and hopefully we'd be in the six. So far it's proven correct. Must admit Bristol have surprised me though. I agree with your post totally but to string together a few wins we need to be attacking a tad more than we have been. :)

Bringing in Collins John, I was hoping we were aiming in that direction.

I hope whomever the lucky person taking the helm will bring in some decent attacking midfielders.

I still have high expectations. If we are still off the pace in NY may as well write off this season.

Bringing in Collins John, I was hoping we were aiming in that direction.
I hope whomever the lucky person taking the helm will bring in some decent attacking midfielders.

I still have high expectations. If we are still off the pace in NY may as well write off this season.

He's done alright so far. We do need more creative midfielders without a doubt. I see us poised on a knife edge at the moment, a few wins and we're in the play-offs and a few more losses and we're cactus as they say down here in Oz. :tumbleweed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669