Hinckley United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete and utter nonsense.
Abusing our players, no matter how much you hate them, is a recipe for fourth division football next season.

So be it then Macky.

If supporters had attacked the regime of owner, management and players a damm sight more last season than we did, we'd be a lot further down the road to recovery now.

Our shambles of a club is not suddenly going to get better because we sign a few more players and get a new manager in. There will be a lot more pain and misery to suffer before this is all over.

I think you're in for a shock if you don't think so.

To continue to sleepwalk through complete and utter maladministration will only lead to the sort of plight Luton now find themselves in. I'd much rather contribute to some short term turmoil than passively contribute to much worse. That's the only choice as far as I can see.

This is from young guns ..

After joining Leicester City on a season long loan three days ago, Kerrea Gilbert was named in the starting line up for the Foxes opening pre-season fixture, against Hinckley United.

Manager Nigel Pearson named a 29-man squad for the contest, and opted for a experienced and strong starting XI right from the off. The good news for Kerrea was that he was able to start in his preferred position of right back, and was granted licence to get forward on every occasion.

A Hinckley club record crowd of 3,231 gathered to watch the encounter, which unlike most friendlies, was hugely entertaining throughout. Much travelled striker Steve Howard gave the visitors an early lead, which was doubled by Nicky Adams shortly after.

The home side had a superb FA Cup campaign last year, and showed the fighting spirit to come smashing back. Cup hero Gez Murphy bagged a brace, before Adam Webster sent the fans into raptures just before the break, as he put United in front.

Half time brought a mass of substitutions, with the complete side being replaced. This meant Gilbert would see out the game on the bench, but he clearly made a decent impact, despite the late collapse.

All the changes added up to a difficult combination for Hinckley, who struggled to get to grips with the fresher Foxes side. A stunning solo strike from Max Gradel levelled proceedings at 3-3, before Webster snatched his second of the game.

With time ticking down, Leicester flexed their muscles, and pulled off an amazing come-back. A Matty Fryatt penalty set up a nervous finish, before the home fans were left distraught as Ashley Chambers smashed an unlikely win.

Pearson will now take his side to Slovenia for a five-day training camp, and admitted he is still learning about his squad.

“I learned a lot about the team today and I have got a few things to consider over the next few weeks.

“I am delighted that we got asked some serious questions out there. Hinckley played very well. They scored some good goals and gave us a bit of a wake up call.”

So be it then Macky.

If supporters had attacked the regime of owner, management and players a damm sight more last season than we did, we'd be a lot further down the road to recovery now.

Our shambles of a club is not suddenly going to get better because we sign a few more players and get a new manager in. There will be a lot more pain and misery to suffer before this is all over.

To continue to sleepwalk through complete and utter maladministration will only lead to the sort of plight Luton now find themselves in. I'd much rather contribute to some short term turmoil than passively contribute to much worse. That's the only choice as far as I can see.

FFS :tumbleweed: :bang:

Sorry, how is booing players at a pre-season friendly supposed to help anyone but the minds of those booing? How's it meant to help Morrison, Odihambo, Worley, Adams, Dyer and all the others completely innocent of the crime you label our team with?

Sorry, how is booing players at a pre-season friendly supposed to help anyone but the minds of those booing? How's it meant to help Morrison, Odihambo, Worley, Adams, Dyer and all the others completely innocent of the crime you label our team with?

We've forgiven and forgotten every season for years. Welcomed new faces and started pre season with hope and aspirations. And then what? Horrific let down and further decline.

You could believe that there is nothing much wrong with the club that a few wins can't sort out. In which case, I agree that my argument sounds like complete nonsense. Our conveybelt of poor managers and players over recent seasons are just relentlessly unlucky selections.

Alternatively, you could believe like I do that the club is in serious trouble. Individual players are totally irrelevant to this mess. Likewise managers. We're seriously ill. Following this analogy a little further, I maintain that our only hope of recovery is major surgery. Sticking plasters just won't do it.

I think it will be clear which of these scenarios is closest to the mark fairly soon. Only football supporters could be so optimistic and forgiving as our lot are. It does you credit that you are that way. I just have to interpret the evidence differently.

Two or three early defeats and just watch the cracks widen. There were quite a lot of people after blood at Hinckley for fecks sake. What do you think a home defeat to MK Dons will lead to?

So be it then Macky.

I agree with that bit.

It might be just me thinking this, but I reckon one of the reasons MM held off sacking IH was because of the vocal support he got from the fans.( Completely bloody undeserved imo)

But whilst I see your point on everything else, it's something I wouldn't do. Because I don't think turning on the team and booing and jeering them DURING a game is going to help anybody.

Last edited:
Two more results.....

Merthyr Tydfil 1 Cardiff City 3
Carmarthen Town 0 Cardiff City 5

It might be just me thinking this, but I reckon one of the reasons MM held off sacking IH was because of the vocal support he got from the fans.( Completely bloody undeserved imo)

But that only shows once again MM isn't capable of making his own decisions (remember Warnock), if you're a chairman of any club you have to make tough decisions that some people won't agree with; it's the way forward. It has been said before, I wouldn't trust the shoe waving BMs and neither should MM.

Originally Posted by Brown Nose
So be it then Macky.

I agree with that bit.

But whilst I see your point on everything else, it's something I wouldn't do. Because I don't think turning on the team and booing and jeering them DURING a game is going to help anybody.

Yes, I agree with that bit too though I also cannot go along with the main argument of BN's post. Whilst we can certainly & should 'vent' on here - I think to rant, scream and boo from the outset of friendlies and the start of the season is unhelpful (but understandable) but really amounts to a self-indulgent exorcising of anger that we should exorcise elsewhere & let go for the new season. At least give them a somewhat impatient but justified 8-10 games to see how they get on! I'm certainly not one to give them 25 games before I start grumbling. The new regime and players need to turn it around quickly simply because this is still a relatively well-resourced club compared to its rivals and therefore by 7 or 8 games the club should be showing that they are better than most. We should see if MM's regime is turning it around or not.

At the moment we've had a somewhat worrying repeat of history but also some corrective action I feel so BN you may be wrong that this regime under MM is permanently and irredeemingly on the road to failure and ruin. The worrying bit is MM signing a player of his own choice regardless of the manager (the bulgarian). However this player might come off unlike Kaebi. Unfortunately a really seriously good player in league 1 is unlikely to still be here after the January window, so this signing could rebound - good or bad. On the plus side however MM shows no sign of signing up over-paid has-beens. The regime is going for young and hungry players both from the academy and from signings. The new regime seems to be making the right noises about training the players hard and the manager being a bit of a disciplinarian. On that level IH was clearly a joke - who would respect and listen to him when/if he ever tried to crack the whip? Pearson is hopefully made of different mettle. We have to give them all a chance.

Last edited:
I think the real test will be the Birmingham and Palace games and if we put up a good show against these teams, even if we lose, then this will give a good indication of what we can expect during the season.
I think you might be confusing friendlies against Championship teams with the first ten games of the third division season.

Last edited:
As well as James Chambers appears to have played he isnt a left back.Assuming Matock is going its another season without a dedicated left footed full back! Why get in Gilbert who is a right back (left back in an emergency)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58