Hinckley United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

4-5 A good result or not? :102: :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Got to do better than that agains a non league side.

Were 11 changes made at half time?

Saw the starting line up on the match thread but couldn't see the 2nd half team.

Can anybody help?

For the bleeders to score 5 against anybody is a plus in my book :icon_wink

There's no point in getting excited about the first pre-season though.

The test for me is going to be against Birmingham when they've played together a couple of times and Pearson should have been able to impose his will on them, if we get slaughtered then I might start to worry.

Does it matter what the result was?

What's important is the players getting fit and learning to play together, and the manager learning about the players.

Very good point.

I withdraw my comment.

as in a lot of pre-season friendlies,strange results occur all the time.

but a least we know were the goal is so far.

Does it matter what the result was?

What's important is the players getting fit and learning to play together, and the manager learning about the players.

of course it matters, the players should have kept themselves fit over the break anyway. Whats the point in playing a game if you don't intend to win it?

Remember winning builds confidence

of course it matters, the players should have kept themselves fit over the break anyway. Whats the point in playing a game if you don't intend to win it?

Match fitness is not the same thing as physical fitness. It takes a while for the players to get used to playing competitive football again.

It's always good to win, but it's a meaningless game, and the result is far less important than the other benefits they get from playing the game.

It's always good to win, but it's a meaningless game, and the result is far less important than the other benefits they get from playing the game.

exactly, they get to try out a level of football more fitting to their performances

Quite right Boy Genius. That is why you are a genius whereas people like Jeff and myself are just ordinary mortals. I would guess that people like Sir Alex or Roy Keane would have wanted to win every game. I would have liked to have been present when someone told Brian Clough that the result of a game didn't matter.

Quite right Boy Genius. That is why you are a genius whereas people like Jeff and myself are just ordinary mortals. I would guess that people like Sir Alex or Roy Keane would have wanted to win every game. I would have liked to have been present when someone told Brian Clough that the result of a game didn't matter.

I admit it, I'm wrong.

It would have been far better to play the first choice eleven for all 90 minutes, giving us a better chance to win the game, than to give all the players a match so the manager could learn about them in a competitive situation. Winning a meaningless game is obviously far more important than preparing properly for the games that really matter.

The score is irrelevent,slightly worring the defence let in 4 against Hinckley though.However has stated earlier these matches are all about regaining Match fitness

Score dosent matter really. That said after falling behind twice, its nice to see a bit of spirit in turning it around. I'm sure the Hinckley lads would have loved to put one over City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669