Hinckley United

Status
Not open for further replies.
The score is irrelevent,slightly worring the defence let in 4 against Hinckley though.However has stated earlier these matches are all about regaining Match fitness

The first three goals were the result of an absolutely dreadful back four. N'Gotty looks like his days have finally gone, Magunda and Rowe-Turner very raw. But it was the only three shots Hinckley had on goal. Pds will have a more simple version for a description og N'gotty.

The fourth goal was absolute peach from their best player, Webster. Pure quality. He shimmed twice and then curled into the top corner. I was just in mid-sentence saying what a good player he was.

I thought the first half midfield were funcitional. Dyer looked pretty good, Adams can actually use both feet. Howard was okish, Campbell forgottable apart from a headover kick which hit the post.

Second half - the team was a lot more hungier and bar the wondergoal. Much comfortable and assured. Ashley Chambers was the loudest on the pitch. Gradel scored an excellent goal but he was average on the whole. Fryatt slow still. Morrison looks fairly confident , Worley ok but raw. James Chambers did well.

A decent work-out apart from a back four who looked very shaky in the first half. Gilbert however wasn't too bad. Some lessons were learned for Pearson.

Last edited:
Howard couldnt head the ball
Henderson dropped a cross
campbell was in and out
ngotty looked slow
fryatt was slow and did nothing

Nicky adams looked very good
Levi came on and looked quality
gradels goal was a beauty
ashley chambers looked good

Howard couldnt head the ball
Henderson dropped a cross
campbell was in and out
ngotty looked slow
fryatt was slow and did nothing

Nicky adams looked very good
Levi came on and looked quality
gradels goal was a beauty
ashley chambers looked good
It doesn't rhyme :102:

Quite right Boy Genius. That is why you are a genius whereas people like Jeff and myself are just ordinary mortals. I would guess that people like Sir Alex or Roy Keane would have wanted to win every game. I would have liked to have been present when someone told Brian Clough that the result of a game didn't matter.

What the fcuk are you going on about?

The score is irrelevent,slightly worring the defence let in 4 against Hinckley though.However has stated earlier these matches are all about regaining Match fitness

Hinckley must be pretty well match fit then if they managed to put 4 past us.
And watch Reading go this season then, as they shoved 9 in.

Hinckley must be pretty well match fit then if they managed to put 4 past us.
And watch Reading go this season then, as they shoved 9 in.

And Wrexham will piss the Conference because they beat Wolves:icon_roll

I thought Howard looked like he'd dropped 2 stone in weight. He looked a lot more slimmer than he did last season.

Was nice to see us having width and actually using it first half.
Thought defensively we were better second half.

A decent enough first game workout. And at least it didn't rain!

I admit it, I'm wrong.

It would have been far better to play the first choice eleven for all 90 minutes, giving us a better chance to win the game, than to give all the players a match so the manager could learn about them in a competitive situation. Winning a meaningless game is obviously far more important than preparing properly for the games that really matter.

There is sarcasm and then there is sarcasm.

We beat Hinckley 5-0 in 2006 and 3-1 in 2007. For me, the result doesn't matter than much at all. It's all about getting to know the players, seeing them in action and see hiw they play together.

My thoughts on today's game was that, first half, I thought we were terrible defensively. Bruno N'Gotty, especially, was far below what you'd expect. Michael Morrison and Harry Worley looked decent in the second half and Max Gradel's goal as a stunner.

I did shake Nigel Pearson's hand beforehand and welcomed him to City too. :D

I did shake Nigel Pearson's hand beforehand and welcomed him to City too. :D

He didn't wave though, that didn't make those behind us very happy. So they started a chant of 'we want our Ollie back'
Even if that was meant as a joke I didn't find it very funny at all, not after the debacle he was in charge of last season.

I'm sure Pearson won't be that bothered though that he never waved.:icon_bigg

The first half was so terrible we nicknamed the team benches in the stand "the naughty corner" in the 2nd half.

He didn't wave though, that didn't make those behind us very happy. So they started a chant of 'we want our Ollie back'
Even if that was meant as a joke I didn't find it very funny at all, not after the debacle he was in charge of last season.

I'm sure Pearson won't be that bothered though that he never waved.:icon_bigg
He did - no one noticed because they weren't looking at the stands where he was sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669