HMRC P46 form

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't have to provide it. Forms P46 are issued to employers by HMRC. Employer should complete main part of form, ask you tosign it to say that it is your only or main job, and tick any relevant boxes.
Your employer can either download, or get forms from employer's stationery supplies at tax office.

Basically I didn't get a p45 from my previous employer. My new one has sent me a p46 to print off, but my printer is ****ed (something about not recognising the ink cartridge) so I could do with sorting one out as I start tomorrow. They say I don't need one to start but I've been told I could be susceptible to a higher rate of tax if I don't sort out one or the other...? I don't really fancy paying 60% tax or whatever it is...

Ask your employer to provide you with one. Tell them yoiu cant print it off.

*edit.............wait I just had a great idea. Ask somebody else to print it off for you.

Last edited:
Basically I didn't get a p45 from my previous employer. My new one has sent me a p46 to print off, but my printer is ****ed (something about not recognising the ink cartridge) so I could do with sorting one out as I start tomorrow. They say I don't need one to start but I've been told I could be susceptible to a higher rate of tax if I don't sort out one or the other...? I don't really fancy paying 60% tax or whatever it is...

Without one you only pay emergency tax wk1. Which basically means until you get a proper tax code you will be on week1. When your tax code comes through you will be refunded any overpaid tax through your pay packet.

You can print one off here www.gwc-accountants.co.uk :icon_wink

I can't print dammit :018: I'm one of these characters that likes to be independant and not rely on other people to sort my shit out when my facking useless printer ceases to work, so I was after a quick fix. :icon_lol:

It sounds like it won't be too much of a problem anyway (hopefully).

I can't print dammit :018: I'm one of these characters that likes to be independant and not rely on other people to sort my shit out when my facking useless printer ceases to work, so I was after a quick fix. :icon_lol:

Have you tried plugging your printer into the back of your settee?

So why you asking me then gleat breath? :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469